Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's 2 right now on ebay, some psycho is trying to pass off a used one with a broken chest for 5,500 (not a typo) and another for 1329 -_- . Are you telling me its worth that? I can see around 500 but idk for 1k-5k :rotfl

Oh that $5,500 is not a typo?! Wow!

I thought it was b/c that seller had it up a couple months ago for like $550 so I assumed it was a typo and was going to wait until it was fixed to possibly buy it :lol guess not now

Hey yankee would you buy a Jones for 550 with a broken chest? Because like gipetto said he did have it a couple months ago for that price with the same exact condition, now has it for 5500. I don't understand his selling tactics.

Oh wow. You might as well buy the 4 figure listing on there for like $4800. You'd get DX06, MMS Sparrow, Feng, AND Jones. What a steal. :cuckoo:

I bought a mint EX from a member last year for like $260 and a DX11 laughing sculpt. I don't regret it either. It's in my top 3 favorites.

Hey yankee would you buy a Jones for 550 with a broken chest? Because like gipetto said he did have it a couple months ago for that price with the same exact condition, now has it for 5500. I don't understand his selling tactics.

You mean treasure chest hinge broken? Yeah I would if the rest was near mint/mint.

I received the extra smirking head in the mail a few days ago from seller "MyHotToys2011" on eBay and it is perfect. Definitely not a knockoff and a solid replacement for the defective one that came with my Jack.

Has anyone made a Detolf background for Jack? It isn't easy finding super high-res images of piratey looking scenery. :lol My plan is to split the image into four sections and print them on 8.5x11 card stock and glue them together since my printer cannot use 15x15 inch paper.

I finally found and bought one on Mandarake!
It's my first ever hot toys figure, so I'm really excited to finally see it in person.
Now I just have to find a place to display him. ^^

I finally found and bought one on Mandarake!
It's my first ever hot toys figure, so I'm really excited to finally see it in person.
Now I just have to find a place to display him. ^^
It was on Mandarake? I checked there recently and their list of Hot Toys was pretty small. aww

Must continue the search!

It was on Mandarake? I checked there recently and their list of Hot Toys was pretty small. aww

Must continue the search!

Yep, it was Mandarake. They seem to get a fair amount of Hot Toys in. You just have to use the right search words. Try just typing in 'HOTTOYS' and you should get a pretty good list (Although, I have it set to show listings that are sold out as well): https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/...in=all&keyword=hottoys&searchStrategy=keyword They seem to sell pretty fast though. I just checked it today and another Jack showed up for 21,000 yen that was posted less then 24hours ago and it was sold out already. Shipping is really expensive though. My order of just Jack with EMS to Canada was 6,800 yen! But even so, he was still a LOT cheaper then any of the crazy ebay prices.

Good luck!

I started another base for my Jack Sparrow although I may use it for my Noah custom that I'm doing. The top picture was plain and the bottom is the first stage of staining and weathering. At the end it will be a lot darker and dirtier, I'm trying to make it look like the cardboard base. If anyone is interested, PM me, and if enough interest is gathered, I will get a premium membership and sell these. I can do any size base you want but this one is 17"x11". Pretty much, if you want it, I can make it. The grain can match if you preferred, I just used some crap wood I had around. That goes for other style bases or cases. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, just throwing my hat in the ring. I've built a few electric guitars so I'm halfway handy with wood and power tools. Suggestions are always welcome. :wave

Very nice man :clap

I had the same idea (to replace the cheap cardboard HT gave us) except Zsasz is building mine as I don't have the highest of skills with wood work like this.

Very nice man :clap

I had the same idea (to replace the cheap cardboard HT gave us) except Zsasz is building mine as I don't have the highest of skills with wood work like this.

Thanks! :wave Yeah, that's exactly why I'm replacing mine. It looks bad and it doesn't match the rudder at all. Zsasz is one of the guy's toes I didn't want to step on, but I'd like to contribute to the community. I'm thinking of making one with smaller boards for Sweeney and maybe even a little bar for Wolverine. I grew up watching my dad build houses and making furniture in his spare time, so I picked up a lot from him.

I'm in the process of building a detolf-like case from plexiglass as well. There are no more Ikea's in Arkansas and shipping from them or amazon is ridiculous.

Had an inquiry about making Jack's tattoo and an attempt at his brand. I know i can do the tattoo but I'm not sure how well the brand will show. Would there be any interest in that?

pirates.jpg

I started to weather the base more (just a few sprays of black spray paint, rub, repeat) and add a few details. I tried adding some little "wet" spots or stains, something I thought would be on a ship deck but the paint was still too wet. You can see them in the bottom left of the base. I couldn't really eliminate glare in the pictures.
While literally watching paint dry, I thought I might try making a smaller base with smaller boards and stain it. The smaller one is around 4x4 and as you can see, the left side isn't straight. One of the little planks wasn't stuck well enough and some chipping/flying occurred while cutting so I left it.
The bigger base just needs to dry so I can put a few gouges and scratches, drill holes for the wheel, and route the bottom to let the strings hide flush. So yeah, if anyone else is interested, PM me and we can work something out. Weathering, color, finish, etc is all up to you. These are WIP, not finished.

Thanks! :wave Yeah, that's exactly why I'm replacing mine. It looks bad and it doesn't match the rudder at all. Zsasz is one of the guy's toes I didn't want to step on, but I'd like to contribute to the community. I'm thinking of making one with smaller boards for Sweeney and maybe even a little bar for Wolverine. I grew up watching my dad build houses and making furniture in his spare time, so I picked up a lot from him.

I'm in the process of building a detolf-like case from plexiglass as well. There are no more Ikea's in Arkansas and shipping from them or amazon is ridiculous.

I hear you and I don't think your stepping on anyone toes. Just look at all the same breaking bad stuff being offered but by different ppl :lol I'd be down for some boards for the Sweeney Todd base. I really appreciate the wood working craft. I work in traditional architecture and one of the highlights is when we do custom designed wood front entry doors and gates

Had an inquiry about making Jack's tattoo and an attempt at his brand. I know i can do the tattoo but I'm not sure how well the brand will show. Would there be any interest in that?

I'd be down for at least 3 sets probably. I'd love it if you could make all or most of Depp's real tattoos as I'm going to make a figure of him sooner or later

As for the P brand, it will show up. Whitekite did this same thing some time ago and it was visible. I'll post a pic later.

Gotcha. I GUESS the thing to do would be to make the 'P' as light pink as I can versus the skin tone of the body. Since these sheets print white as translucent, I have to be careful. But at least the tattoo will work for sure, and I'm just going to charge what I would typically charge for a tattoo like this, 10 bucks for a few different sizes so you definitely get one that fits. So I won't be charging for the brand. It'll be a bonus if it works I suppose.

I can take a look at Depps tattoos for you as well. :)

This is the body, correct?
IMG_0786-horz.jpg

I hear you and I don't think your stepping on anyone toes. Just look at all the same breaking bad stuff being offered but by different ppl :lol I'd be down for some boards for the Sweeney Todd base. I really appreciate the wood working craft. I work in traditional architecture and one of the highlights is when we do custom designed wood front entry doors and gates

I'd be down for at least 3 sets probably. I'd love it if you could make all or most of Depp's real tattoos as I'm going to make a figure of him sooner or later

As for the P brand, it will show up. Whitekite did this same thing some time ago and it was visible. I'll post a pic later.

PM me sometime and we can figure it out. I won't charge something dumb, these are pretty easy to knock out but they aren't popsicle sticks either. If you wanted a more fancy base, I have a million router bits and could make you some nice trim for the bottom and whatnot. The little base was done in about 20 minutes. If I was selling it, I would be more careful and get everything measured and stuck down right. I use Rhyno linoleum tape, and that stuff is tough once it sets. Wood color is all your choice too, stains come in every color as I'm sure you know. The planks will also fit a lot tighter if I cut them more carefully (with a miter or table saw instead of the band-saw I used).

Ahh, it was Whitekite! I was the one asking Hunter about the tattoos and brand and I couldn't remember who did them. Jack looks weird without the tattoo when the sleeves are rolled up.

Back