Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some long promised pics...

6771189419_285df0426d_b.jpg

6771192059_5d6a911797_b.jpg

6771182783_ba880ca163_b.jpg

6771186363_cae0a2d963_b.jpg

this is how I do it.

remove the boot, keep the plug inside the ankle, and the use super glue to add "layers" on the ball joint to make it thicker, DO NOT plug the plug back into the boot socket right away. let it dry for a couple of hours. repeat process until joint is tight. You can do this for both sides of the two ball joints, but most HT's have the loose ankle at the boot socket.

:exactly: Thats exactly how I did it. I applied the glue using a 1mm wire that I dipped in the glue tub. That way you can control exactly how much glue goes on.
I used Vital Bond Thin Superglue that sets in 10 seconds(it takes much longer to dry on the HTs ball joint plastic though)
To make it dry quicker, I put it by my laptops air vent and it was completely dry in 5 minutes.
It took 3 layers.

Looking forward to seeing what you think about Jack, J.

I have a feeling I'm gonna like him a lot... I was pretty happy with the V1; but him being taller than Jones always bugged me. So with a properly sized and far superior figure I don't think I'll be disappointed.

My only concern is I don't really have a good place for him in my collection... a pirate just doesn't really fit with my themes :lol

He may end up being a figure displayed in my office :huh

I have a feeling I'm gonna like him a lot... I was pretty happy with the V1; but him being taller than Jones always bugged me. So with a properly sized and far superior figure I don't think I'll be disappointed.

My only concern is I don't really have a good place for him in my collection... a pirate just doesn't really fit with my themes :lol

He may end up being a figure displayed in my office :huh

I have mine over with my random figures, which means anything that's not SW, Super Heroes or Indy. :lol

I'm sure you'll dig it too. Hell, I ended up with two of the damn things. :panic:

this is how I do it.

remove the boot, keep the plug inside the ankle, and the use super glue to add "layers" on the ball joint to make it thicker, DO NOT plug the plug back into the boot socket right away. let it dry for a couple of hours. repeat process until joint is tight. You can do this for both sides of the two ball joints, but most HT's have the loose ankle at the boot socket.

I saw the bold then immediately started reading your process as new lyrics :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
[ame="https://youtu.be/cIYtBSqkbmw"]https://youtu.be/cIYtBSqkbmw[/ame]

I'm :cuckoo::lol

this is how I do it.

:exactly: Thats exactly how I did it. I applied the glue using a 1mm wire that I dipped in the glue tub. That way you can control exactly how much glue goes on.
I used Vital Bond Thin Superglue that sets in 10 seconds(it takes much longer to dry on the HTs ball joint plastic though)
To make it dry quicker, I put it by my laptops air vent and it was completely dry in 5 minutes.
It took 3 layers.

Thanks for the tip guys,i guess it's worth a try.

Finally got a chance to open this guy up and I'm blown away. This feels so far above in quality and build that it makes the rest of my collection feel archaic.

Quick phone snap

photo1.jpg

Fantastic pics!:clap:clap
Thanks man! :hi5: how's the progress on your COTBP Jack?
Finally got a chance to open this guy up and I'm blown away. This feels so far above in quality and build that it makes the rest of my collection feel archaic.
Glad you finally got to open him up man! :clap

The quality of this really is mind blowing

NIce pic Batty and holy crap I need to visit the IG-88 thread! I didn't know he was that tall! still have no interest in hiom but he really came out nice

O and here is my Jack along with Sweeney Todd!;)

2012-01-21201148.jpg

2012-01-21201330.jpg

2012-01-21201414.jpg

2012-01-21201359.jpg

2012-01-21201501.jpg

Leaving space for the only other Depp figure I want ..guess which one!:)

Back