Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I'll wait. Even though you prob got a great deal I couldn't do it knowing this will be out in a month or two.

I hear you. My AWE Elizabeth is lonely, and having passed on a good deal on the AWE Jack in the past I didn't want to do it again. The completionist in me is not a good trait I reckon :lecture

So the newest newsletter still days Jack is coming "in very little time" so I'm still wondering whose error it is on when Jack is being released

thought they're re-working their second face sculpt of Jack sparrow ..

is it possible they did it in such short time to release it on its original release date and cancel the delay?

Just Watched At World's End, much better than the second movie, but still the first is my favorite.

How's the Fourth one? "On Stranger Tides"

I haven't seen the new one but POTC rates as:

Curse of the black pearl
Dead man's chest
At worlds end.

So basically they got worse as they went on.

I would agree but for me there is a HUGE gap between the first and second. The first made jd and the character js legendary.

I'm with ya. I think COTBP is a better overall movie, but I find DMC much more watchable. It's kind of the same thing as ANH and ESB; 1st is a better story/movie/completed arc, second is better for multiple viewings.

On Stranger Tides just suffers from having a new director who is trying his darndest to recreate the feeling of the previous Pirates movies. Nothing is truly innovative or interesting and the story isn't all that engaging either. it's a cookie cutter Pirates movie meaning that it was executed well enough but... not much to talk about.

At World's End is just the silliest one I think. When you have cannon ball /testicle visual gags, you know it's pushing it.

The first two are my favorites. Curse of the Black Pearl actually is more mediocre though the more I watch it. It's Dead Man's Chest that is really fascinating to me.

I guess I really do need to revisit DMC again if it's comparable to ESB? Really?? Seriously really?!

I guess I really do need to revisit DMC again if it's comparable to ESB? Really?? Seriously really?!

Not comparable in that way. Just relative to ANH's linear storyline, I find ESB more watchable. DMC is NOT ESB. But similar relative comparison to COTBP, I find DMC more watchable because there's not a real complete story to finish up, just a lot of bits strung together.

Both ESB and DMC have no beginning and no real ending, just a cliffhanger... and most of their story is told through cutaways because the main group of heroes is separated much of the time. That cutting helps make the film feel more 'busy' than a linear narrative where you follow one character along the way as he picks up his band of heroes and finally saves the damsel.

Back