Official Halo 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be specific just to that game. For instance, with Call of Duty 4 once you reach a certain experience level you get the ability to have a clan tag, so for instance my gamertag is darthviper7, with that ability I can add SSF to my gamertag in the game so while I play the game I'll show up as SSFdarthviper7, and you just get together with other people from the clan to play matches together or to play against other clans.

In Halo 3 there is mention of clans but I'm not sure if it's the same thing as how Call of Duty is adding clan tags.

The list of current participants is listed on page one. Keep the PM's coming! :cool: If I missed anyone please let me know.

Wouldn't you know it, I gotta go out of town on Wednesday. :banghead They wanted me to go on Tuesday but I have a previous appointment on that day. :monkey3

Wouldn't you know it, I gotta go out of town on Wednesday. :banghead They wanted me to go on Tuesday but I have a previous appointment on that day. :monkey3

Darn I hate it when that happens. LOL! I had a broker that wanted to meet on Wednesday. I had to inform her that I would be on vacation that week. :lol

SOURCE - IGN.com

Halo 3 Reviewed this Sunday
We've finished the fight. Now we just have to finish the review.

by Hilary Goldstein

September 21, 2007 - On September 25, a small little franchise will attempt to penetrate the crowded videogame market and make a name for itself. That's right, Halo 3 is coming next Tuesday. But is it going to be worth the scrilla? We can't tell you just yet. In fact, we and the rest of the videogame journalists who have played through Halo 3, are under embargo. We can't talk about the experience, offer opinions, or post a review just yet. So when can you expect IGN's final word on Halo 3? Sunday, September 23 at noon PDT.

At 12:01pm on Sunday you can come to IGN and check out our in-depth review of Halo 3. You'll also be able to check out more than 250 new screenshots, loads of new videos, and more. You won't be able to finish the fight until Tuesday. But at least you can watch us get in a few good punches this weekend.

Oh dang, I just got my car back and I found out that there is in fact a Gamestop nearby, but they aren't doing preorders anymore so I can either order online and wait or try and go up to the store and buy it at midnight and hope they have a good version (limited or Legendary)

dam

Oh dang, I just got my car back and I found out that there is in fact a Gamestop nearby, but they aren't doing preorders anymore so I can either order online and wait or try and go up to the store and buy it at midnight and hope they have a good version (limited or Legendary)

dam

I know that Walmarts are doing a special thing. Maybe you can go there.

Well, my expectations is that Wal-Mart will mostly have the regular editions and probably some limited editions and no legendary. But I just ordered the Legendary edition from Newegg.com and it was $120 not including the shipping which brought it to $138 which is cheaper than buying at the store and while I won't have it at midnight I will get it that day, and for cheaper.

I used to get all the CE of games or the limited edition but I watch the feature once then that's it.

I just get the regular now unless there is bonus mutli-player maps on the CE/LE

Don't get sucked in

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition Halo 3 at one of my local Gamestop stores. I traded in three games, Saints Row (I already regret doing that!), MLB 2K7, and Fight Night Round 3. After trading those three great games in for store credit, and with their 20% boost, and then another 10% boost for trading 3 games in...I'm still short! I only got about $44.00 for those three games along with an extra 30% store credit added in! :confused: :eek: Now all I have left on my Xbox 360 is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I absolutely REFUSE to trade that in!), Gears Of War, and Madden 08. What do you think guys? I think I could trade one more game in and get enough store credit to finally equal about the $70.00 in store credit...I hope... I need for the Limited Edition Halo 3? But, which game can I bear to part with now? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the Limited Edition Halo 3 at one of my local Gamestop stores. I traded in three games, Saints Row (I already regret doing that!), MLB 2K7, and Fight Night Round 3. After trading those three great games in for store credit, and with their 20% boost, and then another 10% boost for trading 3 games in...I'm still short! I only got about $44.00 for those three games along with an extra 30% store credit added in! :confused: :eek: Now all I have left on my Xbox 360 is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I absolutely REFUSE to trade that in!), Gears Of War, and Madden 08. What do you think guys? I think I could trade one more game in and get enough store credit to finally equal about the $70.00 in store credit...I hope... I need for the Limited Edition Halo 3? But, which game can I bear to part with now? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

That would be easy for me, Madden 08, but you don't have any extra money you can add in? (and remember it's got tax beyond just the $70)

DO not get rid of GOW!

Well, I'm left now with my three favorite games on my Xbox 360 now, Madden 08, Gears Of War, and Oblivion. I will try to find some old DVDs to trade in, and scrounge up some cash this weekend. Maybe I can borrow some from family and pay them back on my next payday on the 28th. Wow, it sucks being broke most of the time! :eek:

I think I may even back down my pre-order for Halo 3 this weekend from the Limted one to just the regular one. That alone will save me $10.00. I like having the extra content, but really what matters the most is the game itself in the end.

Last edited:
Back