Halo 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Bungie Studios Prepares “Halo” Nation to Finish the Fight

Groundbreaking worldwide “Halo 3” public beta and “Halo 2” maps exclusively for Xbox Live on Xbox 360 coming in spring; first “Halo 3” TV ad coming this December.

REDMOND, Wash. — Nov. 15, 2006 — On the fifth anniversary of the release of the landmark Xbox® video game “Halo®,” Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today celebrated the milestone by announcing an exclusive hands-on experience with “Halo 3,” one of the industry’s most anticipated sequels. The Xbox Live® multiplayer public beta, which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of “Halo 3,” is scheduled for availability in spring 2007 exclusively on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system.

In addition, Microsoft and Bungie confirmed today that consumers will be able to experience the “Halo” universe this holiday season through a one-time airing of a stirring, 60-second “Halo 3” teaser ad. And finally it was announced that the new, premium downloadable content for “Halo 2,” exclusive to Xbox 360, is scheduled for release in spring 2007.

The wait gets a little bit shorter!

“The ‘Halo’ Nation has a nearly insatiable desire,” said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp. “We hope a taste of advance ‘Halo 3’ gameplay satisfies some of their appetite as we count down to the game’s launch later in 2007.”

Expanding on everything that has made the “Halo” franchise so widely recognized, the final version of “Halo 3” will provide a wealth of technical and gameplay advancements, available only through Xbox 360, the leading next-generation video game entertainment system. Via the Xbox Live multiplayer public beta, a first of its kind for the “Halo” franchise, gamers will be able to play online via Microsoft’s premier online entertainment network and participate in a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of “Halo 3.” This beta also represents an opportunity for gamers worldwide to participate in the development of “Halo 3.” Through the resulting feedback, Bungie Studios will be able to further refine and hone the end result of “Halo 3.”

Unveiled earlier this year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, “Halo 3” represents the third chapter in the “Halo” trilogy, an international award-winning action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.7 million units worldwide, which equals nearly $700 million in sales, and logging in excess of 800 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live.

On Dec. 4, the special 60-second “Halo 3” advertising spot will be broadcast, one time only, on ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.” The ad, created by advertising agency McCann Erickson, will provide viewers with a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of “Halo 3.” It is easily one of the most anticipated ads of the year and promises to be the biggest event in appointment advertising this year. It underscores the innovative approach and driving influence the “Halo” franchise has commanded. The television spot will also be available for download exclusively for Xbox 360 users via Xbox Live Marketplace.

In addition, gamers who have jumped in to Xbox 360 will be able to join legions of Xbox fans next spring in all-new multiplayer maps for “Halo 2” available for download through Xbox Live Marketplace. The exclusive “Halo 2” content will bring new experiences and excitement to the seminal sequel that made entertainment retail history in its first 24 hours — with $125 million in sales — and that boasts more than four billion online matches since its release in November 2004.

“Since its original release, ‘Halo 2’ has redefined online play, delivering superior multiplayer capabilities in addition to an incredible social experience, and nurturing a constantly growing community through Xbox Live,” said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. “After five years of rabid fan interest in the ‘Halo’ franchise and with more than 4 million users and counting on Xbox Live worldwide, this is the perfect time to invite fans to join the global ‘Halo’ phenomenon.”

Next-generation high-definition visuals; enhanced artificial intelligence; an advanced real-time lighting engine; and new weapons, characters and challenges are just a few examples of the evolution of design and technology in “Halo 3.” These improvements are designed to give gamers an unparalleled experience and tell an even more compelling and engrossing story. Working in concert with Xbox Live on Xbox 360, “Halo 3” builds on the unique social multiplayer experience of “Halo 2” and promises to expand the innovative and evolving online gameplay and community of “Halo 2” on Xbox Live. In this third chapter of the “Halo” trilogy, Master Chief returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant, the Flood and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Halo 3 and finishing this fight. The two games I've been looking most forward to since I got my 360 was GOW and Halo 3. Heck! I'm hoping they do some more Halo Games where Master Chief is fighting someone. It can't just end here. :eek:

I will certainly have my live account up by the time this comes out. Should be a ton of fun.

tomandshell said:
I can't wait to get sniped in the head in glorious high definition.

:monkey5

Tom, we can suck at Halo 3 together :D

I always get murdered playing 2 online. I'm sure 3 won't be any different.

Tom - I will be at the other end of the sniper rifel.

Side note: I hope Halo 3 does not have the SMG, has more veichles, has more levels and actually uses the levels in matchmaking, finds a better way to connect people without one team having a clear advantage. I am picky but if I am going to spend the majority of the next 5 years playing this game I want it perfect.

Question: If I pre-order Halo 3 on amazon.com do I have to pay now??? and will it arrive at my house the DAY it comes out???

Darth Loki said:
There's a legendary version with a helmet :confused: ?

Three versions actually.

Regular

Collectors Edition

Legendary and you get like a little 1/4 scale helm of Master Chief.

Hmm, well then. You know, it seems Microsoft keeps letting people down. When will they release Halo 2 for PC? Seriously, it's so stupid why they don't. And why is the new Halo RTS game only on Xbox 360? I mean, that seems like the stupidest idea in history, it didn't work for Battle for Middle Earth and I doubt it could work again no matter what they say. And it's stupid because seriously, all the PC's have a Microsoft OS so what's the risk?

Anyways, that's my rant. I was pretty good at Halo 1, could kill pretty easily, but not so good at Halo 2---probably because I don't have an Xbox so I can't get practice. But yeah, they should seriously put it on PC.

darthviper107 said:
Hmm, well then. You know, it seems Microsoft keeps letting people down. When will they release Halo 2 for PC? Seriously, it's so stupid why they don't. And why is the new Halo RTS game only on Xbox 360? I mean, that seems like the stupidest idea in history, it didn't work for Battle for Middle Earth and I doubt it could work again no matter what they say. And it's stupid because seriously, all the PC's have a Microsoft OS so what's the risk
actually they are, they're just waiting for Vista to come out then release it. i just dont know if you can play it with XP or not. and im pretty sure that Halo Wars will be on the PC eventually. Battle for Middle Earth on the 360 is one of the better selling games and plays perfectly fine (just a couple quirks)

Q: Will I be able to play Halo Wars on Xbox 360 and PC?
A: Halo Wars is for the Xbox 360 exclusively.

Yeah, it made me sad too. They don't want to release it on PC because they want everyone to buy an Xbox. Same reason why it takes them so long to put Halo on PC, although it would make sense to put it out for Vista to make everyone upgrade.

I tried Battle for Middle Earth on the Xbox at Walmart, but it was just too screwed up to be really functional, that and the really horrible shadows were bothering me.

Battle for Middle Earth looked better on the PC, and it played better on the PC. Not sure how Halo Wars is going to be, but keyboard intense games like those don't belong on the Xbox. Of course, you can connect a keyboard to your 360 via the USB port, so if they allowed you to play that way I would consider picking up the Halo RTS. I love BFME on PC and played it once on the 360 and then traded it in at Gamestop.

Back