Official BB Ra's al Ghul/Henri Ducard Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why has no one a 1/6 Talia :dunno :lol

taliasmall.jpg

Gotee isn't perfect, but I like Snyders better.

Picture002-8.jpg

The overall shape (minus goatee) and features of this one is great.

I prefer the Rainman one though due to the detail in the sculpt (skin texture, more finely sculpted hair, for example).

Hopefully the final casts once painted will retain those details.

I do think the Neeson likeness is better on the Snyderman sculpt, if I'm going to be honest. But I like the Rainman sculpt better overall for the reasons Void lists, plus the fact that it captures some of the spirit of the comic Ra's in a way that that peaceful/sad Neeson expression doesn't. It is a bit exaggerated, but I dig the changes.

:lol at Tom Cruise comment

One day I'm gonna compile a list of all sculpts accused of looking like Tom Cruise. Not sure HT's generic Cruise head for their nude body would make the cut :lol

I do think the Neeson likeness is better on the Snyderman sculpt, if I'm going to be honest. But I like the Rainman sculpt better overall for the reasons Void lists, plus the fact that it captures some of the spirit of the comic Ra's in a way that that peaceful/sad Neeson expression doesn't. It is a bit exaggerated, but I dig the changes.

:lol at Tom Cruise comment

One day I'm gonna compile a list of all sculpts accused of looking like Tom Cruise. Not sure HT's generic Cruise head for their nude body would make the cut :lol

Let me get this straight. You are saying skin texture and hair sculpt are more important to you than the head actually looking like the person it is suppose to be? No disrespect intended but that is the most WTF thing I have ever read on this board. I appreciate your honesty. It confirms a theory that I have had for awhile now that in a lot of people's minds super detail equals good sculpt. I guess most people don't realize detailing is done by a variety of tricks. The real talent in a portrait sculpt is in capturing the likeness. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
You can think whatever you please, but the fact is that with high end items there is more to consider that getting likeness just right. I prefer the highest quality possible. And detail on a sculpt is one component of a good quality sculpt, as is likeness, the ability to capture the essence of a character, and the artistic flair that the sculpt represents (something that I admire about much of Rainman's works). "Softer" sculpts with slightly better likenesses of some measure aren't necessarily as desirable. If you want to say this is done by a "variety of tricks," then that's your prerogative, but doing it well and getting a cast to maintain fine details is no easy feat from my understanding of that process. However, if you are a professional sculptor and have a better understanding of this, then I will defer to your wisdom, of course.

As you can see form various discussions concerning NECA vs. Hot Toys, NECA often gets likenesses better than HT. But I'm not interested in buying a NECA figure. Some don't understand that. You may not. But others understand that reason implicitly.

This isn't a knock against Snyder-Man's sculpt. It is a fine sculpt, though in fairness, that picture shown here contains the best likeness, and overall it is not flawless, and the expression is not something I would be particularly interested in having on my shelf, despite the fact that it is a distinctive Neeson expression.

Back