Nosgoth (Legacy of Kain game...kind of)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
Excited...kind of....Not sure yet. I hope we hear something about it soon...though not at E3 apparently.

Square-Enix has confirmed to VG247 that Crystal Dynamics is not developing ‘Nosgoth’, but that the new project that is linked to the Legacy of Kain franchise.

In a statement sent to VG247 this morning, Square-Enix community manager George Kelion confirmed that a studio is actively developing the title. He told us, “Nosgoth exists and is in active development, but is not a traditional Legacy of Kain action-adventure game”, and added, “Nosgoth is set in the same universe as previous LoK games, but on a different branch to the Blood Omen and Soul Reaver series. The community should not be thinking of Nosgoth in terms of a single-player experience.”

Kelion explained that the reason for talking to us about the project was to clear the air following Nosgoth leaks that came from AMD and Steam. The game will not be announced at E3, but the source added that Square is very excited about the concept.

He added “We don’t want people to get the wrong idea about Nosgoth following the AMD and Steam leaks ahead of its future official announcement. Nosgoth is not being developed by Crystal Dynamics,” and added, “Crystal Dynamics are not working on a Legacy of Kain game”.

In closing Kelion said, “This isn’t something we’d normally do, but we wanted to just give folks a bit more context for the direction, rather than just batten down the hatches.”

https://www.vg247.com/2013/06/07/no...quare-not-a-traditional-legacy-of-kain-title/

Last edited:
I'd love another Legacy of Kain game, but not like this. On the other hand, if it helps fund a true LoK game, that's cool.

Calling it now. It's either a diablo/marvel heroes type game....

or a Full-on MMO.

Please don't be an MMO :pray:

I'd love another Legacy of Kain game, but not like this. On the other hand, if it helps fund a true LoK game, that's cool.

Hopefully, it turns out well. I want them to see this series as life in it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabout time.

Im a huge Resident evil nerd now. Why wasnt i originally? Because the ps1 and ps2 offered my favorite game series of all time. Legacy of Kain! And id love nothing more than just roaming around blood sucking and soul reaving.

Id love to continue as Kain, love Raziel but his story has had its start and its end. But because the story and world of Nosgoth is open to so much potential in character and design i couldnt give two hoots that the main protagonist isnt one we have had before. Or even if its a create-a-character.

Let me breath that fresh Nosgothian air once more.

Totally, or at least to their caliber. The OST is very very important. The background music to the area and clans was super well done in the games. more so the 2 soul reaver games. i love how you can be walking around a rocky cliff surface and due to the music you know the story and the origin of every creature in it

Would love to see another LOK game. One of the best game series of all time imo. Even an updated hd version of the series would be great. Another trip through Nosgoth....what a rush!!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Totally, or at least to their caliber. The OST is very very important. The background music to the area and clans was super well done in the games. more so the 2 soul reaver games. i love how you can be walking around a rocky cliff surface and due to the music you know the story and the origin of every creature in it

The music was one of the most crucial aspects of building Nosgoth's amazing atmosphere.

We need to learn what Nosgoth actually is. Because it was never said to my recollection, is it their world? Or is it just their "country?". I assume its their world but because of what we have been able to traverse in the game alot smaller than earth. But what if Nosgoth was a country of say 50 of a big world? It would be nuts. And of course some time in the future, Kain decides to take his empire and conquer all these other places we've never heard of. So much possibility in this franchise.

My avatar should be a sign of how much I want this....

.... and also a sign of how much I expect to be disappointed. Please Amy Henning come back!

Hennig is currently at Naughty Dog! Unless they let her moonlight for another company, I don't think it's gonn happen.

Back