Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score

a3ap0yicyaexhaj.png

https://kotaku.com/5943848/

BioWare executive producer Mark Darrah announced the game officially on the BioWare blog today.

The game, called Dragon Age III: Inquisition still has no release date and not much further information beyond the title, which we first heard floated in an earlier leak of some information from a marketing survey. Darrah wrote that the team's plan had been not to reveal information until there was something substantial actually to show, but hinted that rumors had indeed gotten out of hand.

So what did Darrah confirm?

The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.

Dragon Age III has indeed been possibly the worst-kept secret in the history of gaming, so it's nice to be able to give it a title. The art and ideas shared for a then-"hypothetical" DAIII at PAX East back in April caught the attention of fans, and set the wheels of speculation spinning. Since then, BioWare has been soliciting fan feedback regularly.

Dragon Age II was (and remains) a highly controversial game, with some devoted fans and even more angry critics. Clearly, BioWare is trying to tread carefully with Dragon Age III.

Whether or not it carries the best of its predecessors forward, it will certainly look pretty doing it. The Frostbite 2 engine Darrah mentions is the engine that makes Battlefield 3 look so nice.

BioWare has added in a press release that Dragon Age III: Inquisition is being aimed for release in late 2013.

Interesting, says it will be based on the Frostbite 2 engine, which would be pretty cool for a fantasy game.

I hope they've learned from their previous mistakes.

Fixed your post there.

I know it's really popular to hate EA, but they don't make the game. They might tell Bioware how much DLC to make and when to release it, they might tell Bioware to add multiplayer, they might tell them it will be Origin only, things like that, but what was wrong with DA2 had nothing to do with EA I'm afraid. Still, I enjoyed it, it wasn't a bad game, but it just lacked some things that made it quite a bit worse than DA:O, so here's hoping they've learned from it and DA3 will be fantastic again.

Maybe, but I don't think DA2 would have been that much better if it came out later, a lot of things that DA2 did wrong could have been done in that time span I'd say, not to mention the stupid things in the story itself (Hawke's Frankenstein mother). And things like using one environment over and over, making a few different environments really wouldn't have been that hard in 2 years with a good team.

Yeah, it seems Bioware is pretty much gone now, a lot of the original talent has left the company they only have a few of the teams still there and I'm sure those will disintegrate over time.

Back