Media Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun CANCELLED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GasparZizou

Super Freak
Reaction score
Legacy-of-Kain-Gein.jpg

Well, apparently this game was in development but was cancelled.

Cancelled Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun Gameplay Leaks - IGN

I had no idea, the story doesn't look bad but the graphics do, and not because they're low quality last gen (and they are), but because the art direction isn't there, it looks generic, no sense of scale or style like the previous games, certainly doesn't look like a LoK game but I'm curious nevertheless.

NeoGAF user Mama Robotnik found the footage, which gives a tantalising glimpse at what might have been. Dead Sun was cancelled after three years of development at British studio Climax, the team who are currently creating Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China. Series overlords Crystal Dynamics was also involved, though back then it was occupied with the Tomb Raider reboot.

Square Enix, however, decided to cancel the title as it feared it would miss sales targets, though discussions were also had about making it a PS4 launch title first. Ultimately, however, the plug was pulled with the only element allowed to see the light of day until now being the multiplayer mode, which was launched as the free-to-play PC title Nosgoth.

Last edited:
I did beat every game and I´m glad this was cancelled.
They went with the right thought.
Guys who would have thought to buy it would be disappointed at the reveal.
This looks totally meh...

i beat soul reaver so many times, loved that game. not sure how i felt about this new one. dont know how i feel about the cancelling of it.

It looked nice but the gameplay and designs (especially lvl design) are very cheap and PS2 gen.

Can't say much about the plot, not a fan of the series.

It looked nice but the gameplay and designs (especially lvl design) are very cheap and PS2 gen.

Can't say much about the plot, not a fan of the series.

Do yourself a favor of at least watching the cutscenes on youtube :lol

The voice acting and lore are amazing.

Good friend of mine is a big fan of the franchise. One day I'll be forced to play these games :lol

Back