Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because a game looks better on one console doesn't mean it is more powerful. Look at all the games that look better on Xbox 360 than PS3 even though PS3 definitely has more power.

Alright, then look up the tech specs, like I said in that post. RAM, CPU, GPU, etc etc.

Holy crap!!! Seeing that YouTube video of the controller being used in real time...it's HUGE!!! Why is that screen so freakin' big? It's too big in my opinion.

I remember when the original Xbox came out and holding the controller for the first time, I thought, "seriously?".

Time will tell, but wow, that controller is ridonkulous!

What are you debating?? You can't debate facts.

It's a (commonly) known fact that Gamecube was more powerful than PS2 and was right under Xbox.

The5thNintendoElement.gif

The Wii U will be a joke, while technology looks good, we'll see over the years as it turns into an actually console that it will be garbage.

Last edited:
Oh okay. :lol

Well I'm not sure I agree. At the very least I'm very interested in seeing and learning more about it.

I would ONLY buy it if they had the next RE installment [not going to happen, I'm sure.] for the WiiU or a remake of RE2 and RE3. That's it! LOL

Just to end this debate..

Nintendo Gamecube
CPU 486 MHz
GPU 162 MHz
RAM 43 MB

Sony Playstation 2
CPU 294.912 MHz (launch) 299 MHz (newer models)
GPU 147.456 MHz
RAM 36 MB

As far as power, for the sixth generation of consoles:

Xbox > Gamecube > PS2 > Dreamcast

But when it comes to sales (which is all that matters) the PS2 stomped all 3 combined. Which is why it won that generation of the console wars. Just like this generation (7th) was won by the Nintendo Wii which stomped out both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

And what's funny is, just like the PS2 before it, the Wii wasn't the most powerful system but it WAS the most popular. Which is why they won; because it doesn't matter how powerful or tech heavy a console is, if it doesn't catch on with consumers, it fails. Period.

Now about the Wii-U controller:

It looks GINORMAGANTIC!!!! But oddly it looks really comfortable in the YouTube video!? Weird. :dunno

If the Wii U can play games as good as the 360 and PS3 then I'll likely choose that as my platform of choice when buying games. That controller while big, is fantastic.

Just to end this debate..

Nintendo Gamecube
CPU 486 MHz
GPU 162 MHz
RAM 43 MB

Sony Playstation 2
CPU 294.912 MHz (launch) 299 MHz (newer models)
GPU 147.456 MHz
RAM 36 MB

As far as power, for the sixth generation of consoles:

Xbox > Gamecube > PS2 > Dreamcast

But when it comes to sales (which is all that matters) the PS2 stomped all 3 combined. Which is why it won that generation of the console wars. Just like this generation (7th) was won by the Nintendo Wii which stomped out both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

And what's funny is, just like the PS2 before it, the Wii wasn't the most powerful system but it WAS the most popular. Which is why they won; because it doesn't matter how powerful or tech heavy a console is, if it doesn't catch on with consumers, it fails. Period.

Now about the Wii-U controller:

It looks GINORMAGANTIC!!!! But oddly it looks really comfortable in the YouTube video!? Weird. :dunno

Great post! :goodpost:

I'm sad to say that I look forward to the day that I take my Wii outside and put it to bed. For some reason I really hate my Wii. :(

Back