Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

My god, they shouldn't be pouring their efforts into this; not when the handheld only has about 3 decient games!
What it needs is more good games. Not the same three to be played on a bigger screen :gah:

What theee, weren't they denying the existence of this model at E3? Bigger screens with the same resolution? No second circle pad?

I was excited to see this when I read the thread title, assuming there would be a second stick because it would be bigger, but I guess more waiting until the REAL remodel is announced.

Last edited:

N is making some baffling decisions lately. Much bigger screen but same rez? Only to N does something like that make sense. The biggest fail is the second stick. Incredible. They clearly held off on that for the inevitable third and most likely, proper version cause they couldnt possibly be stupid enough to overlook how important that feature is. I wonder if the 3D sweet spot will be improved any. As it is, it's so tiny I turn 3D off because of how a$$ it looks when you see it from any angle other than dead center.

Just echoing everyone else here. Where the hell is the 2nd stick? Nintendo really just needs to go away now.

They didn't want to be booed off the stage.

:lecture Yes, they skipped over the biggest problem with the 3DS. No extra stick. They even acknowledged its necessity by putting out the fugly circle pad pro, but didn't bother putting it in the first of several redesigns. :slap

In about 4 versions time we will see one with a second stick. Just that Nintendo treat people like idiots and like to drip feed stuff onto the market and call it new.

Does the Nintendo 3DS XL come in an all-black version? I can't seem to find one, if it does.

Crap, I thought my links were the XL but looks like the were just the regular 3DS, sorry!

Searched for a black 3DS XL and that Nintendo page came up, same with the Best Buy one.

Crap, I thought my links were the XL but looks like the were just the regular 3DS, sorry!

Searched for a black 3DS XL and that Nintendo page came up, same with the Best Buy one.

No worries. That's better than I found. :lol

There's a sale this week at Target. I'm thinking I might go for one.

No worries. That's better than I found. :lol

There's a sale this week at Target. I'm thinking I might go for one.

I'd say the 3DS is finally worth owning now. Good stuff out and more to come. I have an XL and really like it.

They have an all black one in Japan. I'm waiting for an all red one to upgrade.

I'd say the 3DS is finally worth owning now. Good stuff out and more to come. I have an XL and really like it.

Thanks guys.

I think I'm going to pick one up. They're on sale at Target this week for a what seems like a decent price (XL version.) I don't care for the color choices, but whatever. Not a big deal, after seeing that they don't have many options in the first place.

I'm looking forward to it. :rock Will need all of you to weigh in on what game to get first. I probably won't get anything for a few weeks, but wanted to take advantage of the handheld sale now. I'll get the rest, at my leisure.

Back