Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nintendo 3DS

You should be good to go, Boba.

Thanks Bio-bro. I was afraid I might have missed out from some info a friend had told me in passing. Gotta get those free games since I bought this thing at freaking launch!

I wanted to be sure about these free ambassador games. I bought the game at launch and went on the e-shop to get my free copy of Excite Bike and browse a couple of times. I haven't been on it for a month or so now, though. Am I still good to go on getting the free games?

Yeah, I'm kinda worried about this too. I completely glazed over the Ambassador program when it was announced, so I haven't logged in until today. :slap However, I checked my 3DS serial number on the nintendo site and it said I'm eligible. We'll see on Thursday...

Just got a 3DS!! :rock :rock

Any suggestions on current games. I know not too much is out...

I have my eye on:
Legend Of Zelda: OoT
Pilotwings
Super Street Fighter IV

The Splinter Cell game is pretty good, but it's just a remake of a prior game. Star Fox 64 3D comes out next week.

I'm looking forward to the Star Fox game for the 3DS. Sadly haven't picked up any games for the 3DS itself (since I ordered it via ebay). I set it up out of the box and then put it on the charger for the recommended 3.5 hours.

Did not know until I got it about the Netflix streaming...Very cool in my book. Havent played any games but like it so far. It's my first handheld since the 1st PSP.

Other than the fact that you can't clear your game data, Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D is pretty cool. I bought it last week on sale for $20.

I just downloaded my free NES games. While they were free and I'm not complaining because, like I said, they were free, I wish the NES titles had been different. Or there were more to choose from and you had the ability to choose what you wanted. Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Zelda and Zelda II I could have done without. Aside from still owning them on the original NES, I have them on the Wii virtual console and Classic NES Series GBA cartridges. Most Nintendo fans have those games already in another form and have played them to death and really don't desire to have these games again on another console. They should have given some gems that people may not have played.

Still, they were free and I'll likely play them if I get bored. I'll likely play Donkey Kong Jr. and Yoshi more than any of the others though due to replay-ability.

Yep, downloaded some free games last night. Man these look so tiny on the 3DS screen. They were free so not arguing but I couldn't imagine playing some NES game on this. Love me some Donkey Kong Jr though. I played A LOT of DKJ on NES and I still have my Game & Watch version from my childhood.

I read in the latest Nintendo Power that the 10 NES games should be made available to the non-ambassadors but the 10 GBA games will not. No word on whether there will be more NES titles in addition to the 10 we got available either.

5 of the 10 GBA games are:

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Metroid Fusion
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

I'm just looking forward to the Metroid and Mario Kart GBA games. I'm really hoping we get SNES games down the road. I just want Super Metroid since I can't find my actual SNES cartridge anywhere.

I'm just looking forward to the Metroid and Mario Kart GBA games. I'm really hoping we get SNES games down the road. I just want Super Metroid since I can't find my actual SNES cartridge anywhere.

You have a Wii though don't you? I don't think they'll give us SNES games as that is what the Wii's virtual console is for. The 3DS gives us handheld Virtual Console games.

You have a Wii though don't you? I don't think they'll give us SNES games as that is what the Wii's virtual console is for. The 3DS gives us handheld Virtual Console games.

Used to, but I sold it off a long time ago when it started collecting dust. I only played a couple games on it, and didn't see the point in keeping it anymore. With the new Zelda coming out I wish I still had it though.

Back