Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nintendo 3DS

Got my Legend of Zelda copy this evening, and also bought Pilot Wings for $20. Now I need to play. As someone else mentioned, I haven't touched Ocarina of Time since playing the original. Going to be fun to go back and play through it again.

Picked up my copy and registered for the soundtrack this morning. I loved the game before but the 3D and updated graphics really make the game a masterpiece. I really hope they give Majora's Mask the same treatment. I was kind of hoping that since they updated the shop interiors that Majora's mask would be sitting in the happy mask shop as part of the background. Would have been a sweet little Easter egg.

Does anyone else's 3DS hinge seem to have a bit of wobble when it's opened? Just wondering if it's common or if I should be concerned about mine.

Does anyone else's 3DS hinge seem to have a bit of wobble when it's opened? Just wondering if it's common or if I should be concerned about mine.

How wobbly are we talking here? Does the hinge click into place and wobble a millimeter or two? Mine does that, but I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about.

How wobbly are we talking here? Does the hinge click into place and wobble a millimeter or two? Mine does that, but I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about.

mine is like that as well. so if his problem is the same there are no worries.

Awwwwwww, I bought the game on release day, but because of work I missed out on registering for the free OST. That was my plan for tonight now that I have 2 days off :(

My hinge does have a bit of a wobble. It wobbles enough that when I play fishing or Face Raiders that I will hold the top screen with a finger to hold it straight.

Not enough to worry but I want to make sure it doesn't get worse.

It does click into place, but nothing near as sturdy as the DS Lite click. There is a little more play than I'd like. When playing MarioKart and powersliding the screen popped loose once. I did read on Nintendo's site that they'd look at it for free and fix it if it's faulty, but I'd hate to be without it for 3 weeks only for them to tell me it's fine.

If it's really bothering you, it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out.

Anyway, I've put in a few hours of Zelda and already I've turned the 3D off for the most part. :lol Now I only turn 3D on when seeing a new area for the first time.

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but the game looks rougher when in 3D mode. Maybe anti-aliasing is applied in 2d mode to smooth out edges?

If it's really bothering you, it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out.

Anyway, I've put in a few hours of Zelda and already I've turned the 3D off for the most part. :lol Now I only turn 3D on when seeing a new area for the first time.

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but the game looks rougher when in 3D mode. Maybe anti-aliasing is applied in 2d mode to smooth out edges?

Looking around in first person mode with 3D on is a pain. The screen loses focus at the slightest tilt off angle. The biggest flaw with this thing. I would much rather them have given us glasses to wear rather than making it so you have to hold the DS at the perfect angle to see the 3D and not blur the screen.

Some quick stuff:

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords is coming to DSiWare/3DS Shop for free later this summer.

Netflix for 3DS is out today (for U.S., some regions already have it).

Fvgwv.jpg

Not related, I received my Zelda: OoT 3D soundtrack in the mail. Thanks, Nintendo.

IMG_5869.jpg

Got mine about three days ago. It's cool but kind of disappointing. The songs are ripped directly from the game. I was hoping it may have been the orchestra performed songs like we heard at E3. I do like the songs in the game and there are like 50 tracks but most are only under a minute or so in length.

But hey, it was free.

Got mine about three days ago. It's cool but kind of disappointing. The songs are ripped directly from the game. I was hoping it may have been the orchestra performed songs like we heard at E3. I do like the songs in the game and there are like 50 tracks but most are only under a minute or so in length.

But hey, it was free.

Does it have the one newly orchestrated song they put in the game?

Back