NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disagree. That would lead to a PP goal almost every PP. The team with the PP is at a HUGE advantage 5 on 4. The team with 4 would almost never get a line change if they weren't legally allowed to ice the puck. Hell, at that point just award the team who didn't take the penalty a goal is ce they'll most likely score anyway.

Couldn't disagree more and agree with KF.

Ok so you guys are calling for more goals but say teams would be scoring too many goals this way....why is a team that gets penalized getting a break by being able to ice the puck ? This article explains what I'm getting at very well https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...enalty-kill/qiWkHtv5ioLwLIreediwmL/story.html

Ok so you guys are calling for more goals but say teams would be scoring too many goals this way....why is a team that gets penalized getting a break by being able to ice the puck ? This article explains what I'm getting at very well https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...enalty-kill/qiWkHtv5ioLwLIreediwmL/story.html

No, I'm not calling for more goals. Never was. I said I would be OK if they slightly shrunk goalie eqpt because it's gown so much over the years. I also replied to someone who said increase the Nets to increase scoring saying IF you do that it has to be a FRACTION. I clearly said I don't want 7-6 or 6-5 games. I'm fine with how things are.

Is Ovechkin hurt? He's gone cold.

So has Patrick Kane. We may not have a 50 goal and 100 point scorer. Last time we had this (in a full season), was in 03/04. That was over 10 years ago. Yeesh.

Is Ovechkin hurt? He's gone cold.

So has Patrick Kane. We may not have a 50 goal and 100 point scorer. Last time we had this (in a full season), was in 03/04. That was over 10 years ago. Yeesh.

Time to change something...

Wonder how many games Duncan Keith will get suspended for? Whatever he gets...he deserves it. He needs to control his emotions on the ice. You think he would have learned from his previous suspensions. Already suspended one game for high sticking Jeff Carter and 6 games for an elbow to Daniel Sedin's head. He's got to learn to pick and choose his spots and deliver clean hits. This crap is getting old.

I do believe this Deeznutz. To add to what I said, there were fifty-three 60 point scorers as of last season. This NHL campaign, we may be looking somewhere around 35 by April. That's concerning.

Now I know what some of you will say, 1-0 and 2-1 games can be exciting and old firewagon hockey is boring. I don't know many high scoring games that aren't fun or low scoring games that are the edge of the seat excitement you talk about. Come January and February, those are far and few between. Yes, there are boring high scoring games as there are entertaining low-scoring ones, but you would be hard pressed to find the majority of those games that tend to follow that trend. When it comes to playoff hockey, the low scoring games that tend to go on for lengthy OTs... those can be quite entertaining. Not all, but when the stakes rise, and the goalies are at the top of their games, it can be quite the spectacle to see. Having said that, I still prefer highlight reel goals... and guys setting up sweet tape-to-tape saucer passes to make them happen.

Perhaps I am superficial and I love bloated offensive games with guys getting even more bloated offensive numbers. The stats fan and the guy who grew up watching the Gretzkys and Marios of the hockey world, who averaged 2 points-per-game from yesteryear, has spoiled me. I am not saying it has to be what it was. I rewatched some of those old games. It was much more simple and the average player wasn't nearly as skilled as the players today. I like the game every bit today as I did growing up as a child watching it, but what's wrong with seeing guys wow us with reaching certain benchmarks?

In baseball, the game grew at its peak after a lockout that hurt it, when guys like Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were in the midst of beating Roger Maris' old home run record of 61 dingers....

Records are meant to be broken, and while some of Gretzky's, like his 92 goals, 163 assists, and 215 points may never come close to being touched, what's wrong with seeing guys hit 50 goals and 100 points? What's next? We don't see guys hit 40 goals and 80 points? Sure you may balk at my question, but if I proposed to you 20 years ago we would see the top guys fail to reach 50 and 100 in numbers respectively for multiple seasons, you would think I was crazy. How bad does it have to get before, the elitist mindset stops thinking, "You don't get it because low scoring hockey is still great!"

The thing is we do get it. The game is great. I don't think anyone is questioning that. I said posts ago, less change is better. But sometimes, it's okay to contradict yourself and say, I still would like to see those gaudy numbers.

Last edited:
Wonder how many games Duncan Keith will get suspended for? Whatever he gets...he deserves it. He needs to control his emotions on the ice. You think he would have learned from his previous suspensions. Already suspended one game for high sticking Jeff Carter and 6 games for an elbow to Daniel Sedin's head. He's got to learn to pick and choose his spots and deliver clean hits. This crap is getting old.

Personally, I would love to see the Hawks lose him for a big chunk of the postseason, but the NHL is light on player-on-player punishment. If they did give him a proper punishment and it ended his season with Chicago, he would think twice before he did that again. As would a lot of other players who are of the like-minded variety. The Hawks can't afford to lose Duncan in a Cup run. This would be a real big game changer for the NHL to do this. Unfortunately, I don't think they have the balls to get it done.

Personally, I would love to see the Hawks lose him for a big chunk of the postseason, but the NHL is light on player-on-player punishment. If they did give him a proper punishment and it ended his season with Chicago, he would think twice before he did that again. As would a lot of other players who are of the like-minded variety. The Hawks can't afford to lose Duncan in a Cup run. This would be a real big game changer for the NHL to do this. Unfortunately, I don't think they have the balls to get it done.

Hawks aren't winning anything this year. Too many issues with the team to repeat as Cup champs. Weak 5-on-5 play, horrible PK, and not nearly enough depth/talent on the blue line. Not to mention Crawford is injured and hasn't played a game in a long while. I'm actually hoping they drop to the top WC spot and have to play the Kings. I'd rather see the Hawk's feet get put to the fire in the 1st round against a proven Cup winning team.

I'm comfortable with whatever the NHL deals out to Keith. Cheap shots have no place in the game.

Seriously leave the goalie stuff alone, increase net size (sorry folks but this has been an argument for me since day 1), and take out the coach's challenge.

And then leave the damn game alone. They already increased the depth of the nets. I personally think since goalies are much bigger than before, the only change necessary is to make the nets be relative to the size of today's goalie.

I'm not sure if I should be angry or relieved right now. All I know is that they better not fire Claude. Montreal would probably fall over themselves to hire him.

Well, the Kings blew the division title. All they had to do was beat Winnipeg at home to secure it, but they'd rather piss away a 3-0 lead instead. :lol

Today the Philadelphia Flyers mourn the loss of Founder and Chairmen Ed Snider. He will be greatly missed! LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

Last edited:
Well, the Kings blew the division title. All they had to do was beat Winnipeg at home to secure it, but they'd rather piss away a 3-0 lead instead. :lol

The Kings will be fine. All that matters is making the playoffs. What seed they are is irrelevant. The Kings are a great team and will be a tuff out for anyone.

I'm not sure if I should be angry or relieved right now. All I know is that they better not fire Claude. Montreal would probably fall over themselves to hire him.

No they wouldn't. MB will live and die with that idiot MT...MB's a joke himself as a GM.

Hey Guys,

The rink my kid plays travel hockey in made the final 10 for Krafts Hockeyville this year. If you gents (and ladies) wouldn't mind taking a minute to register and vote it would be greatly appreciated. You can vote 50 times a day and you literally just have to click 50 times. The rink has been around for 20 + years and really has not had a face-lift. This is a tremendous opportunity that would help youth hockey in Harrisburg/Hershey area. The rink's name is Twin Ponds if it does not take you there directly.

Thanks!

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/#nomination/197

Back