NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course they will have to. So much wrong with this team. All they have is young offensive forwards who have low self esteem and a chunk of confidence removed.

Apparently Hall is the one on the block, I can't see any team in the play off picture trading an impact player for him

Sure, they can get top picks and prospects, hug how much more of that do they need?

Trading their top player since Doug Weight, with the best upside since Wayne Gretzky is a horrible idea. He's the only 1st overall pick they own that has shown any indication he's worthy of his selection status. If they did trade him, it would upset so many fans. Even at that point, they could have taken Mr. Tyler Seguin who's now currently the NHL's top goal and point producer. Oh Boston... *tsk tsk* lol Man, the Edmonton Oilers are such a head scratcher. It's not a situation like Quebec, where the superstar went on record as not wanting to play for the team, and some dumbass Flyers team comes along, overpays for said player by giving up the entire farm. That won't happen this time around. Management to ownership isn't that smart.

If anything, if this rumour is in fact true, I'll say this about the Oilers.... They are consistent when it comes to sucking. Also, continuity of making one ridiculous move after another has some significance as well. Never did like the Oil. They are making it too easy to despise this team.

Last edited:
World Juniors are on... c'mon guys. *sigh* Boring lot. Well, my Winnipeg Jets have six players in this tournament, which is a further testament to their scouting staff. And Nic Petan scored a goal and two assists... not bad for a so-called third liner in an 8-0 Canada romping of the Slovaks.

The New Jersey Devils unfortunately are in a bad place. Too good to get either one of Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel, who should go 1 and 2 in the draft, and not good enough to make the playoffs. They could go into tank mode for those two. Although that very concept is dangerous. It is not good for player morale, especially for the younger kids developing in the system. Having said that, the Devils are desperately in need of a stud in the forward ranks. Their top forwards beyond your Adam Henrique variety, are getting up there in age. Close to retirement in fact. Seriously, outside of their promising D and goaltending situation, their future looks in dire straits. One of those two young potential superstars could help New Jersey's face for the next decade.

Hey now! Even though that's funny, and also hurts because it's true, you're better off doing it this way... but yeah... time to start drafting smart and hoping to land some stud forwards. It's just not going to be one of McDavid or Eichel, unless your team begins to shift to tank mode. With Lou now behind the bench, fat chance of that happening... if anything they might make a surprise and contend for a playoff spot. If anyone can work magic, it's him!

What a crazy game last night. Hawks go down 3-0 to start the game and end up winning 5-4 in a shootout. That's a crazy amount of goals scored by 2 teams that just don't give up many. Wild game that was fun to watch.

Just stopping by to say the Caps are a major dissapoint to me, that said I'll be at the winter Classic lol!

Hey now! Even though that's funny, and also hurts because it's true, you're better off doing it this way... but yeah... time to start drafting smart and hoping to land some stud forwards. It's just not going to be one of McDavid or Eichel, unless your team begins to shift to tank mode. With Lou now behind the bench, fat chance of that happening... if anything they might make a surprise and contend for a playoff spot. If anyone can work magic, it's him!

Devils were good enough to hand us another loss....

Still smell that vezina?

Devils were good enough to hand us another loss....

Still smell that vezina?

Sometimes i just wanna beat you with Fleury's jockstrap.

Every abysmal/average team will beat a good team. Edmonton beating LA says hello, but yeah... LA = a nobody team that's only won two Stanley Cups in the past 3 years and lost to one of the biggest debacles in recent memory. ;)

Just stopping by to say the Caps are a major dissapoint to me, that said I'll be at the winter Classic lol!

Great to hear from you. Ovechkin disappoints me as a superstar. No drive whatsoever. Almost is a one trick pony (a big shot in the slot on the PP).... he's better than what he's showing.

I might take that back what I said about NJ being abysmal/average for now, they should be a solid team under Lou. He's got a way of getting the best out of what he has, which is pretty decent. It's interesting just how much impact a coach can have on teams, like your Calgary Flames variety, which were written off before the season even started. Media/fans tend to ignore who's behind the bench in favour of how a team looks on paper. A even better example in a current evolving dynamic change, is the Winnipeg Jets. Similar core and overall roster from yesteryear, yet there is a significant change in the end result. Biggest change, who's coaching behind the bench.

Having said that, Lou is not for coaching. His hand feels forced and he's stepping in now for the meantime, until a worthy candidate comes along or until he has the confidence the right man is for the job. He's proud of his legacy, and the team that he's had under him, and is too proud to let things stay as they are.... but there is no team that looks so barren in the cupboard concerning the team's future outlook on forward. Only name that stands out for me in the top six is Reid Boucher and he's been having a rough go at it in the A so far this season, and then there is John Quenneville and Stefan Matteau who look more like third liners... Quenneville could be a fringe 2nd liner. There is nobody that screams potential stud for the top six outside of Boucher... and Reid is a complimentary winger with a big shot like a James Neal. Those kind of players need a creative big hockey IQ talent to feed them to produce.

Last edited:
Back