NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this got interesting at the end. Going to be a big kill to start the next period.

20 minutes to gold. Go Canada Go!!:clap

Yeah I ****ted bricks... 5-1 in the 2nd to 5-4 in just mere minutes. That could have been disastrous. F U Fucale! Almost cost us the game.

Yeah I ****ted bricks... 5-1 in the 2nd to 5-4 in just mere minutes. That could have been disastrous. F U Fucale! Almost cost us the game.

Believe the term is shat...lol

I haven't seen a goalie blow a game for team Canada in the wjc since......

Carlyle, another coach who overstayed his welcome. Why fire home now and not 25 games ago?

Very strange decision by the Toronto. The Leafs are in a playoff spot and playing decent. Carlyle isn't the one who gave David Clarkson that stupid contract thinking he was the second coming of Wendel Clark.

Oh and.......

010615-NHL-devils-patrik-elias-celebrates-goal-ahn-PI.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

Congrats! 1000 Points!

Very strange decision by the Toronto. The Leafs are in a playoff spot and playing decent. Carlyle isn't the one who gave David Clarkson that stupid contract thinking he was the second coming of Wendel Clark.

As a Leaf fan, I love it. Yes, the Leafs are playing decently, but it's Leafs hockey from the past year or so - violently outshot, possession stats are a disgrace, and wins from that style of hockey aren't sustainable. Maybe they make the playoffs, but it wouldn't matter.

Shanahan is on some House of Cards levels - he doesn't own the team, but his machinations are shaping the team to his desires. And I have to say, his vision is something I'm on board with. He can't do anything about Nonis (yet), but having Carlyle on the team was anathema to his plan. Carlyle was a mix of stupid and old school, preferring the goons who rapidly don't have a place in this league. The Clarkson albatross sucks, but it can be dealt with. And the fact that the Leafs are playing competently, and management is still looking to be better - that's a hell of a lot more respectable than the old attitude of "we will sell out all home games and sell a trillion dollars worth of merch regardless of the turd we splat on the ice".

I am the absolute furthest thing from the prototypical 'plan the parade' Leafs fan. But I can say that, slowly but surely, I am happy with the direction of the upper management.

Sniff sniff... Is that a vezina I smell or a steaming pile of ****** goaltending?

Chalk up another loss to a non playoff team

Sniff sniff... What's that? Knowing exactly what Deez will post prior to coming into the NHL thread. Oh how I wished you had a new schtick. Don't be what Hollywood has become. Stale like a loathe of bread that has gone far past the expiry date. Lacking any originality and creativity. I know you have a hidden affection for the Flower. For a certain someone that doesn't like the guy, you sure do bring him up a lot in the thread. Don't be a one trick pony. I implore you to spread your wings and think outside of your very tightly fitted box.. and see through a big gaping window vs. a narrow crack in the wall. It maybe trying at first. Down right near impossible even, but I believe in you! ;)

Oh yeah, it's not only the Flower's fault. There are bigger issues at play here. When you bolster significant offensive tools like Crosby, Malkin, Perron, Kunitz, Hornqvist, Letang, etc on your roster, and you have been producing a lot of 2 goal games of recent, even scoring at a similar pace to the Calgary Flames.... One has to properly educate themselves on the real issues going on here. You may think I am blind to MAF's lapses, (I am not, but as a fan, I will support my guys, especially when they take on more ridicule than they deserve), but how about we focus on the bigger issue. And no, it's not our starter.

Oh yeah, it's not only the Flower's fault. There are bigger issues at play here. When you bolster significant offensive tools like Crosby, Malkin, Perron, Kunitz, Hornqvist, Letang, etc on your roster, and you have been producing a lot of 2 goal games of recent, even scoring at a similar pace to the Calgary Flames.... One has to properly educate themselves on the real issues going on here. You may think I am blind to MAF's lapses, (I am not, but as a fan, I will support my guys, especially when they take on more ridicule than they deserve), but how about we focus on the bigger issue. And no, it's not our starter.

Excuses excuses, offence can't be relied on to score 4 goals a game, that's why there is a goalie position

If we were never scoring or only potting one a game, I would never point the finger at him

You're hard on a guy who's had a 3 goal game... it's not like he's being blown out 5-6-7 goals. Even 4. You just want to use anything you can muster to work to your OCD fix. In the end it's just tiring. I get it. You're not a fan, but he's our goalie for the next x-amount of years. Lets make a deal and not discuss him anymore. There is much more to the game than one player. I just want fun topics that aren't beating a dead horse. I choose to evolve...

Another important division game and another loss

Eli, you think this team is going to make it out if the first round?

Another important division game and another loss

Eli, you think this team is going to make it out if the first round?

Yes, it's only January and playoffs are a whole other animal. And we're not at full health. I am confident we can. I believe we'll get better. Just a funk. All teams go through them. A few games doesn't make a season. A season makes a season.

And no, because anything can happen. Hard to say. We could go out in the first round or win the Cup. Look at LA during the regular season. They don't look like they should make it out the first round, but here they are with two Stanley Cup wins in the past 3 years.

Yes, it's only January and playoffs are a whole other animal. And we're not at full health. I am confident we can. I believe we'll get better. Just a funk. All teams go through them. A few games doesn't make a season. A season makes a season.

And no, because anything can happen. Hard to say. We could go out in the first round or win the Cup. Look at LA during the regular season. They don't look like they should make it out the first round, but here they are with two Stanley Cup wins in the past 3 years.

Wish I had the same optimism, this team oddly enough reminds me of the 09 team that slumped at this exact same time and once they turfed therrien turned it around

Look at todays **** show, we need to make a big change on defence, should look to move letang, but cant see someone taking that contract

Back