NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, they look sloppy out there.
Hardly the team that showed up for the quarterfinals.

They just had no interest in the game or the bronze medal. Once they were eliminated from playing for gold, it seems they were all ready to go home. Not a lot of pride or professionalism on the ice today for Team USA. The Fins really came to play and wanted to win the game. Congrats to them. They played hard and earned the victory.

Finally watched it late last night on dvr. Yikes! It wasn't close. The US had some sustained rushes in the first 5-10 minutes and then the Canadian defense shut them down. It was just one and done after that....one shot in the offensive zone and Canada would clear the puck. I also thought the US team defense wasn't up to standard. That game could have been 4-0.

They just had no interest in the game or the bronze medal. Once they were eliminated from playing for gold, it seems they were all ready to go home. Not a lot of pride or professionalism on the ice today for Team USA. The Fins really came to play and wanted to win the game. Congrats to them. They played hard and earned the victory.

Absolutely. The Fins played a great game and earned their medal. I hope to see that same level from Rask all the way through June.:)

As for the USA, this has to go down as the biggest disappointment since Nagano '98. So many expectations and to come home without a medal of any kind is very deflating. I still scratch my head at some choices for this team. Brooks Orpik over Keith Yandle? (or if I can play homer for a second, Torey Krug). And no Kyle Okposo.

I'm looking forward to a great game tomorrow morning. Go Canada!

Absolutely. The Fins played a great game and earned their medal. I hope to see that same level from Rask all the way through June.:)

As for the USA, this has to go down as the biggest disappointment since Nagano '98. So many expectations and to come home without a medal of any kind is very deflating. I still scratch my head at some choices for this team. Brooks Orpik over Keith Yandle? (or if I can play homer for a second, Torey Krug). And no Kyle Okposo.

I'm looking forward to a great game tomorrow morning. Go Canada!

Yeah, this was a poor showing for Team USA. It's certainly embarrassing to come home without a medal. We can scratch our heads with some of the player selections for the team but there was waaay too much talent on the roster to not even medal. As for tomorrows game...GO Canada!

Bobby Ryan has a big smile on his face right now...

Let's get this done boys and bring another gold home

With the long break I havent had any material to bash MAF, but without fail he gave us some material early upon return

3 goals allowed on 16 shots, well done Flower you continue to earn your over inflated salary

Hi Eli :)

I saw that this garnered a game misconduct.

badcall.gif

Welcome back LNH officials.:rolleyes2

This took place on some Canadian broadcast station after the OT goal was scored in the women's hockey gold medal game.

You gotta love the homers. :lol

"knock-knock: who's there? Gold medal in the face."

Pretty big trade today

Pens should have dumped fleury for Miller, even if they don't resign him they could have anyone else up

Pretty sure Shero is going after moulson

What a buzz kill. Despite all the drama this Luongo trade crap is rather anti-climatic. Apparently Florida is were everyone goes to have their careers buried.

What a buzz kill. Despite all the drama this Luongo trade crap is rather anti-climatic. Apparently Florida is were everyone goes to have their careers buried.

or live in peace with millions and millions of dollars

hhhmmm, Florida or Vcr/Mtl/Tor??? Id take FLorida any day

G, Thomas will be gone before Bobby's flight lands

So yeah, Garth Snow is definitely the worst GM ever... okay, in the discussion at least...:lol Matt Moulson, a guy who was a 3-time 30 goal scorer with Tavares, and John's close friend, traded away (which decimated a great 1-2 combo) with 3 picks (2 being 1st rounders) for Thomas Vanek, who ends up getting traded for Sebastian "I haven't done anything at a high level" Collberg and a 2nd, and oh yes, the Islanders may relinquish a 5th rounder if Montreal fails to make the third round I think it is ... GREAT MOVE BUDDY! So Moulson and 3 picks, two being 1sts with a potential 5th in conditions for a mid tier level prospect and a 2nd. Party on Garth! Party on Wang! :slap

And speaking of the New York Islanders, how about that comeback? Coming back behind from 3-0 in the first two periods only to end up winning it 7-4 in the end against the very lowly Vancouver Canucks! Seven Islander goals in one period. A record worse for the Canucks! Remember how back in the Alex Auld days the Canucks were looking to help out their goaltending woes. Went from zero goalies in the stable to a Vezina candidate starter and a big blue chip prospect in Cory Schneider... in less than one year, both gone. Don't get me wrong, Eddie Lack has the potential to be better than both aforementioned goalies, but that was prior to his hip replacement, and with the idea he wouldn't be backstopping Vancouver between the pipes as a starter in these dark Tort days, as the acting starter into his rookie campaign. Well done Mike Gillis! Bravo! Maybe Bicoid18 is onto something. ;) :panic:

So yeah, Garth Snow is definitely the worst GM ever... okay, in the discussion at least...:lol Matt Moulson, a guy who was a 3-time 30 goal scorer with Tavares, and John's close friend, traded away (which decimated a great 1-2 combo) with 3 picks (2 being 1st rounders) for Thomas Vanek, who ends up getting traded for Sebastian "I haven't done anything at a high level" Collberg and a 2nd, and oh yes, the Islanders may relinquish a 5th rounder if Montreal fails to make the third round I think it is ... GREAT MOVE BUDDY! So Moulson and 3 picks, two being 1sts with a potential 5th in conditions for a mid tier level prospect and a 2nd. Party on Garth! Party on Wang! :slap

And speaking of the New York Islanders, how about that comeback? Coming back behind from 3-0 in the first two periods only to end up winning it 7-4 in the end against the very lowly Vancouver Canucks! Seven Islander goals in one period. A record worse for the Canucks! Remember how back in the Alex Auld days the Canucks were looking to help out their goaltending woes. Went from zero goalies in the stable to a Vezina candidate starter and a big blue chip prospect in Cory Schneider... in less than one year, both gone. Don't get me wrong, Eddie Lack has the potential to be better than both aforementioned goalies, but that was prior to his hip replacement, and with the idea he wouldn't be backstopping Vancouver between the pipes as a starter in these dark Tort days, as the acting starter into his rookie campaign. Well done Mike Gillis! Bravo! Maybe Bicoid18 is onto something. ;) :panic:

Welcome back

The Canucks as a whole are the leagues laughing stock, think that's called karma Torts

Eli, how good is Maata?

If we could dump letangs salary we'd be better off long term

Back