NHL 2010-2011 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seemed to notice a lot of orange too unfortunately. :slap

That was still a real ____ty hit on booth, there is no denying it. FL got the ugly side of ____ this year.

That Mike Richards on David Booth hit was pure intent to take the guy out for good. Very classless of Richards, especially considering Booth is known for being a clean player and it was during regular season play and he is Florida's primary goal scorer. BS!

Cool video ringer. Thanks for showing that. I gather that video was made for NHL player personal and their respective teams, letting them know what is acceptable and unacceptable. I wonder how many players will even care... case in point: Steve Downie.

I remember them making a big deal about that when he started coaching the Habs back in the late 80s.

I do remember this other cool thing about Burns and his no-nonsense attitude... Back in the day when the Habs had Claude Lemieux, Burns really taught him a lesson. Lemieux, ever the pest, took a dive on the ice and made it look like he was injured. Burns, disgusted by it all, let him lie there on the ice for a full minute without ever sending a trainer to check him out. That took balls. Of course, Lemieux got up looking fine. Lemieux eventually got traded to Jersey.

Sounds very familiar. I do remember McCarty beat the living crap out of C. Lemieux after the incident with Draper in the 1997 Aves/Wings series. Busted him right open. btw I couldn't stand Claude Lepuke. He was such a ugly cheap low life of a player. Great talent and was clutch during the playoffs. A real pest! A guy you hated playing against, but loved having on your team. That and he's a top notch figures pair skater! :)

A number of Habs preseason games are going to air on RDS (French all sports station in Canada) this year. The first one is on Wednesday against the lowly Bruins and their horseshoe GM. Dangnabbit, I missed hockey.

A number of Habs preseason games are going to air on RDS (French all sports station in Canada) this year. The first one is on Wednesday against the lowly Bruins and their horseshoe GM. Dangnabbit, I missed hockey.

45338_canadiens_bruins_hockey.jpg

Lowly? Horseshoe has Sea Bass watching his back now.:lol

Locally NESN is airing one whole preseason game as of right now. Unbelievable considering the Bruins are hot in Boston right now. For the first time in years you're not a pariah if you're a B's fan. Ratings soared during the playoffs and the two rookie games drew well last week. The people are demanding hockey, not crappy Red Sox games as they just play out the string.:gah:

New season kicks off and not much has changed Sens 5 Losers 0

Man the Leafs suck, hahahahaahah

squeezetight.jpg

Pre-season means ____ all.

I could also imagine Carey Price's nuts in the pic above as well, they gunna crack dis season.

squeezetight.jpg

Pre-season means ____ all.

I could also imagine Carey Price's nuts in the pic above as well, they gunna crack dis season.

Id much rather be teh Habs then those lowely Leafs, at least Price has talent in front of him. Martin is going to start the season the way he ended it, trap trap trap. He can afford to lose, but CANT afford to get shelled early on, if that happens the chants for HALK will be heard loud and clear in the Bell Centre

Id say thats a guarantee, only the Islanders will be worse in the east

I don't have high hopes for Atlanta, Florida, Carolina, NYI, NYR, or Toronto. Tampa could almost end up anywhere. The Flyers and Habs barely made it last year and they didn't exactly improve a great deal over the summer...

I don't have high hopes for Atlanta, Florida, Carolina, NYI, NYR, or Toronto. Tampa could almost end up anywhere. The Flyers and Habs barely made it last year and they didn't exactly improve a great deal over the summer...

Tampa will be a 100 point team and make the playoffs. Mark my words. Carolina had a very strong showing down the stretch. If Ward is healthy, and with Skinner potentially making their roster opening day adding some offensive punch, and McBain being this year's Myers, I can see Carolina being a very strong team this year.

So I watched my first preseason game last night - Habs vs Bruins.

Although the Habs lost, the Habs pretty much had control of most of the game. Rask was fabulous in net. If he continues playing like that, the Bruins are going to be one of the teams to beat this year. Sadly, Price let in 4 goals on 8 shots. He looked as stiff as a corpse out there, as usual. While on the issue of Price, the Habs brass (and well as the French media, if you can believe that) continue to plead with the fanbase to be nice to him. This preferential treatment is really starting to burn me up. This incessant mollycoddling, especially 4 years into his NHL career, makes Price look like the biggest baby in the league.

All in all, not a bad game. Most of the rookies came to play. Conboy, Leblanc, Tinordi, Dumont, and Palushaj were noticeable. Plekanec and Lapierre looked good too. Sadly, Price was the difference, again, which ended in another unnecessary loss. Sanford actually looked more comfy out there.

Bergeron appears really healthy, This is one darn good player. If he stays healthy, he could be a top 20 player. Horton was a fabulous acquisition. I didn't really hear Seguin's name that often though. The difference in the game was Rask. For a guy who doesn't have anywhere close of the pedigree of Price, he came off like a total pro ready to take on any team anywhere. He made his team look better than it actually was while Price made his team look worse than it actually was.

Last edited:
I watched also
I think the Bruins will be really good this year, I had forgotten about Horton, now they add Seguin also, (who didnt do much last night)

As for the Habs, they traded teh wrong goalie...
The fans were already on Price last night and in the intermission like you said Joel Bouchard pleaded with everyone to give him a chnace its the first game of the pre season.
This is a ticking time bomb for the Habs

I watched also
I think the Bruins will be really good this year, I had forgotten about Horton, now they add Seguin also, (who didnt do much last night)

As for the Habs, they traded teh wrong goalie...
The fans were already on Price last night and in the intermission like you said Joel Bouchard pleaded with everyone to give him a chnace its the first game of the pre season.This is a ticking time bomb for the Habs

I've seen the media go hard after players for far less, yet Price gets pass after pass. If Sanford played like that, he would have been sent down right after the game and the media would have throttled him. Whenever I hear the media and the Habs brass give me a long list of excuses for Price's lackluster performances, I want to scream. If Price isn't up to snuff, the responsible thing to do is to face reality and do what needs to be done to move the team forward. The Habs are not a 100 point team. If Price gives us 5 or 10 games like that this year, we're out of the playoffs. No single unproven player should ever be worth the future and pride of a franchise.

While it's clearly a bit (only a bit) early to give up on Price, I hate feeling like my team's season relies heavily upon a guy who doesn't deserve his #1 goalie ranking.

“Relax, chill out. We've got lots of time. We're not winning the Stanley Cup in the first exhibition game.” - Carey Price

This guy is going to be eaten alive by November.:lol

I wish I had seen more of the game, but finding a steam somewhere online seemed harder than normal last night. I love having Nathan Horton on this team, and from all reports, he's very motivated now that he escaped hockey hell in Florida.

As for Tyler Seguin and my thoughts after seeing him in the huge sample size of the 3 games. He's forcing things, taking on two players at a time, and trying to dangle through all of them. He's also forcing passes, and (Cliche alert!) "not letting the game come to him".

I don't think there is any doubt he's feeling some pressure, but I don't think it's the same kind of pressure Hall is facing in Edmonton for instance. Seguin has been outplayed by Jordan Caron so far, and was even outplayed by Ryan Spooner in the 2nd rookie game. I think he's pressing, not because of his desire to make an immediate impact, but maybe because he's feeling pressure from the other rookies because he feels he hasn't been the best rookie, and he feels he has to be.

There is no doubt in my mind after watching him that he not only has the physical tools to dominate, he's a smart player too. It's a matter of "when" and not "if", and I don't think we'll be waiting as long as we did for Kessel. My bet is he continues to "struggle" through the 2010 schedule, and then explodes some time in January or February.

“Relax, chill out. We've got lots of time. We're not winning the Stanley Cup in the first exhibition game.” - Carey Price

I wish I had seen more of the game, but finding a steam somewhere online seemed harder than normal last night. I love having Nathan Horton on this team, and from all reports, he's very motivated now that he escaped hockey hell in Florida.

As for Tyler Seguin

Horton looked good. Jedi-Mind-Trick Chiarelli somehow landed another solid forward. As for Tyler, he was okay. I doubt anyone was expecting him to do much of anything. He certainly didn't hurt the Bruins. In my mind, that's a success for a first-day-on-the-ice rookie any day.

I wish I could feel bad for red-light-Price. I see zip in his eyes. No hunger. No daring. The reality is that Habs fans just don't like him. Price reminds the local yokels of those spoiled brats who drove to high school in their daddy's Porsche. As the old saying goes, "he thinks he hit a triple but he was born on third".

Last edited:

As for Tyler Seguin and my thoughts after seeing him in the huge sample size of the 3 games. He's forcing things, taking on two players at a time, and trying to dangle through all of them. He's also forcing passes, and (Cliche alert!) "not letting the game come to him".

I don't think there is any doubt he's feeling some pressure, but I don't think it's the same kind of pressure Hall is facing in Edmonton for instance. Seguin has been outplayed by Jordan Caron so far, and was even outplayed by Ryan Spooner in the 2nd rookie game. I think he's pressing, not because of his desire to make an immediate impact, but maybe because he's feeling pressure from the other rookies because he feels he hasn't been the best rookie, and he feels he has to be.

There is no doubt in my mind after watching him that he not only has the physical tools to dominate, he's a smart player too. It's a matter of "when" and not "if", and I don't think we'll be waiting as long as we did for Kessel. My bet is he continues to "struggle" through the 2010 schedule, and then explodes some time in January or February.

Its was all over sports radio today, it took all but half again for him to get blasted by the Montreal faithful and I use that term lightly.

It is preseason and they should be smart enough not to boo him as there seosn rides on him, Alex Auld isnt going to carry you back to teh conference final. But as RS said he hasnt earned ____e, and 10 games in if they are sucking the bag, the fans should let him have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back