NHL 2010-2011 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You quoted the wrong person. Me thinks you did that on purpose since we often reply to the quoted post. heh

I quoted the right person, just taking them in order.

This thread is interesting. I'll pop in from time to time. Might get me back into hockey again.

I grew up with the young Neal Broten, Dino Ciccarelli, Bobby Smith and goalie Gilles Meloche. Where has my childhood gone?:monkey2

I quoted the right person, just taking them in order.

This thread is interesting. I'll pop in from time to time. Might get me back into hockey again.

I grew up with the young Neal Broten, Dino Ciccarelli, Bobby Smith and goalie Gilles Meloche. Where has my childhood gone?:monkey2

Dino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my fave right wings ever :rock

Really? So was the Marian Gaborik signing worth the cash last year?

His upside is great as evidenced by his 40+ goal season the year prior, but last year he really stunk up the place. He finished with a little over 20 goals, had a slew of injuries and even needed motivational support by the Coaches to get his head right. I like Gaby but he is soft, probably over paid tbh.

I'm hoping that bringing Richards in to be 1st line center with him will take pressure off him and open the ice a little bit so he can flourish again. :pray:

I'm just glad we finally dumped our last bad contract (Drury). Rangers were buried in albatross contracts that crippled the franchise for years: Drury, Gomez, Redden and another one I'm forgetting. Boogard maybe. Oh and let's not forget Darius Kasparaitis & Donald Brashear. Yikes.

His upside is great as evidenced by his 40+ goal season the year prior, but last year he really stunk up the place. He finished with a little over 20 goals, had a slew of injuries and even needed motivational support by the Coaches to get his head right. I like Gaby but he is soft, probably over paid tbh.

I'm hoping that bringing Richards in to be 1st line center with him will take pressure off him and open the ice a little bit so he can flourish again. :pray:

I'm just glad we finally dumped our last bad contract (Drury). Rangers were buried in albatross contracts that crippled the franchise for years: Drury, Gomez, Redden and another one I'm forgetting. Boogard maybe. Oh and let's not forget Darius Kasparaitis & Donald Brashear. Yikes.

Yeah, those were some bad contracts. I think the Wild have two bad ones left. Pierre Marc Bouchard and Niklas Backstrom.

Damn, I know more about hockey than I thought. :panic:

*slinks back to the NFL thread* :lurking

How do you think the Minnesota Wild will do with Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi as your newly required forwards and Jared Spurgeon now looking to replace Brent Burns PP minutes on the back end?

btw I like Spurgeon. Much smaller player than Burns and as a result may have a more difficult time containing his man, but his passing and vision is right up there with the other top offensive dmen in the game. He just has to grow a bit more size and further develop and refine his game.
meh. the Wild will do the same as always.:sleep
then Heatley will want to be traded again.

Yeah, those were some bad contracts. I think the Wild have two bad ones left. Pierre Marc Bouchard and Niklas Backstrom.

:lol Yeah the Bouchard deal is brutal, 5 years for $20+million for a guy who struggles to score 20 goals.

Dude, get a life. You're just as bad posting that. I didn't laugh when it happened to Lindros and I never liked the guy. You two are so hypocritical. If you had a concussion you wouldn't think it was a laughing matter and I imagine you wouldn't be too pleased if others made light of the situation. Pathetic.

All you gonna cry for us now Eli, go ahead cry for us just like you boyfriend Sid.

All you gonna cry for us now Eli, go ahead cry for us just like you boyfriend Sid.

And the pathetic train that is you keeps chugging along. Full steam ahead, eh?

Seriously, I have no problem with you not liking certain players or people, but making fun of a situation like that is plain stupid. It makes you look stupid and evil. You realize how serious and dangerous concussions are to a person? Like really man. Grow up! I'll relieve you of your stupid tag when you grow one and realize how silly it is to laugh at serious injuries that are not only career ending, but can be life threatening as well. Notice how Valfar, Ringer, and the Craw gets it? Just saying, I am not the only one who feels that the thoughts that you and Planet share on this issue are making people warm up to you guys. Perhaps there is a reason for that.

Sidney Crosby's case may not be as severe, but then again, 9 months and still experiencing headaches? My fears are they are pushing too hard for him to recover from this. Many guys do not come back fully recovered from serious concussions like his, and all it takes one more to end his career and later on, effect his life in general. And that effect is not good. I would like to think there is a good person inside of you that realizes that you made a mistake posting that, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Just consider me disappointed.

And crying? Yeah as if I would cry over something you would say. Although I am man enough to say I teared up when I heard about what happened with the Russian flight carrying those players. I saw one play in person and the others I followed closely, like Pavol Demitra. Sad situation there.

I don't even know what year he's in....4th or 5th?:slap

That Pierre-Marc Bouchard signing is bad, but then again he's still young enough where if he overcomes his injuries and plays with a decent enough goal scorer on his line that can compliment his game, like a Seto, he could be good for 50-60 assists. He is not a goal scorer, so lets get off the whole "he hasn't been able to put together a 20 goal season" and focus on what he has done. When healthy he has been good for 50 assists and that was as a 2nd line centerman. So ideally, 4 million is about right for a player like that. So perhaps it's not a bad signing, barring in mind he keeps healthy and is consistently productive.

You actually dislike Backstrom's contract? Considering they didn't have the best D and the fact he's been consistently among the top goalies in the game since breaking out as their starter I gotta say I like him a lot. He's a safe tender. He doesn't scare me half the time, like a Theodore or even a Luongo some nights. lol

But then again I don't watch his game closely either. I can say whoever gets Eddie Lack is in for a pleasure. That and Cory Schneider. Vancouver has it so good with their goalie cupboards stocked.

I am not the only one who feels that the thoughts that you and Planet share on this issue are making people warm up to you guys.
Oh lord Eli, stop being such a dramatic hypocrite.

You're the same person who's been throwing out insults such as you "knowing more hockey in their pinky than I did in my entire body" and calling me names for the past 5 pages. How about you stop being a hypocrite, stop deflecting and stop preaching like Mother Theresa and get back to the hockey debate we were having?

I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence to back up your claim that Crosby was a more physical player than Lindros. If you can't do that than how about man up and admit you're wrong?

That Pierre-Marc Bouchard signing is bad, but then again he's still young enough where if he overcomes his injuries and plays with a decent enough goal scorer on his line that can compliment his game, like a Seto, he could be good for 50-60 assists. He is not a goal scorer, so lets get off the whole "he hasn't been able to put together a 20 goal season" and focus on what he has done. When healthy he has been good for 50 assists and that was as a 2nd line centerman. So ideally, 4 million is about right for a player like that. So perhaps it's not a bad signing, barring in mind he keeps healthy and is consistently productive.

He hasn't put up anywhere near 50 assists going on 5 seasons now. Heck, he hasn't even put up 40. His contract is AWFUL, and even if he did put up a 50 spot next season which is highly unlikely, he would still be vastly over paid as a 15 goal scorer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back