NHL 2010-2011 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem going on record saying Montreal will go nowhere with Price. The guy has skill for sure, but doesn't show any mental toughness, and his attitude is terrible. The fact that Montreal has handed him everything without earning it will only make that worse.

I have no problem going on record saying Montreal will go nowhere with Price. The guy has skill for sure, but doesn't show any mental toughness, and his attitude is terrible. The fact that Montreal has handed him everything without earning it will only make that worse.

Count me in also, they come out the gate slowly and the Halak chants will start in the Bell Centre. Gio would have my pick for Captain also.

Price sometimes comes off like the conn smythe is a mere formality.

Either way, he wins. If he does well, he gets the chants and the raise. He does poorly, he gets traded, which is something he would probably love. I get no sense of a real desire to play in Montreal. It's like so "whatever" for him.

Price sometimes comes off like the conn smythe is a mere formality.

Either way, he wins. If he does well, he gets the chants and the raise. He does poorly, he gets traded, which is something he would probably love. I get no sense of a real desire to play in Montreal. It's like so "whatever" for him.

That is a shame. There are very few true hockey meccas to play in and this guy just doesn't appreciate it. Even though I hate the Habs, I can see the appeal of playing in awesome city where you'd be a major celebrity.

How's he done with integrating himself with the city? Every so often if I listen to CKAC Sports I hear him in an awkward French commercial, so I suppose he is trying in some regard.

Today they were talking about the captaincy and the lack of Québécois on the team. At this point who really cares, as long as they help the team. If they fall into the next great French-Canadian superstar great, but be happy with the strides the team has taken.

That is a shame. There are very few true hockey meccas to play in and this guy just doesn't appreciate it. Even though I hate the Habs, I can see the appeal of playing in awesome city where you'd be a major celebrity.

How's he done with integrating himself with the city? Every so often if I listen to CKAC Sports I hear him in an awkward French commercial, so I suppose he is trying in some regard.

Today they were talking about the captaincy and the lack of Québécois on the team. At this point who really cares, as long as they help the team. If they fall into the next great French-Canadian superstar great, but be happy with the strides the team has taken.

1. Price isn't a recluse. He's often been seen schmoozing in local bars. He just doesn't appear particularly charmed by the city, the attention, or the media. It's bizarre. The fans want to like him. He just doesn't come off particularly welcoming.

2. There's always a political bizz with the Habs. Today, some political official accused the Habs of being a disguised federalist lobbyist team. Oh brother. It's as if they believed the Habs purposely chose inferior Anglophone players on purpose. Thankfully, these political whackjobs are only given airtime to look like idiots. No one believes them.

The sad reality is that the Habs did try to get Fracophone players like Vinnie and Briere. They'd never come, even for more money.

1. Price isn't a recluse. He's often been seen schmoozing in local bars. He just doesn't appear particularly charmed by the city, the attention, or the media. It's bizarre. The fans want to like him. He just doesn't come off particularly welcoming.

2. There's always a political bizz with the Habs. Today, some political official accused the Habs of being a disguised federalist lobbyist team. Oh brother. It's as if they believed the Habs purposely chose inferior Anglophone players on purpose. Thankfully, these political whackjobs are only given airtime to look like idiots. No one believes them.

The sad reality is that the Habs did try to get Fracophone players like Vinnie and Briere. They'd never come, even for more money.

I can see this being a factor of the pressure that would be put upon them playing in their home province and not indictment of the organization itself. Guillaume Latendresse talked about it quite a bit after being traded and he finally blossomed a bit in Minnesota.

By the way, how has Montreal reacted to the proposed return of a Quebec City franchise? I'd love to see it if nothing else for an excuse to road trip for a hockey game and see the family more often. It can get lonely down here in the States.

I can see this being a factor of the pressure that would be put upon them playing in their home province and not indictment of the organization itself. Guillaume Latendresse talked about it quite a bit after being traded and he finally blossomed a bit in Minnesota.

By the way, how has Montreal reacted to the proposed return of a Quebec City franchise? I'd love to see it if nothing else for an excuse to road trip for a hockey game and see the family more often. It can get lonely down here in the States.

Guillaume's goals total this year are misleading. I believe he had over 10 empty net goals or something to that effect.

The French media put so much pressure on the Habs brass to put a francophone with a modicum of talent on the ice. He was okay, but he could have used another season in the minors. Alas, what is done is done. He's thrilled to be gone.

Montreal would love to see another Quebec franchise. That was one heck of a rivalry. Those games were penciled in on everyone's calendar. Boy, those two teams hated each other during the 80s and 90s.

Just pathetic, who cares about Stanley Cups...

https://news.ca.msn.com/canada/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=25596809

Mon Dieu, ma tête blesse. Can't everyone just get along in a nice bilingual way?:lol

What kills me is that these arent even hockey fans who spew this ____e, they use the Habs as an excuse.

WHO GIVES A ____ IF THE CAPTAIN CANT SPEAK FRENCH????

(IMO this is the real reason they didnt have one last year)

Guillaume's goals total this year are misleading. I believe he had over 10 empty net goals or something to that effect.

The French media put so much pressure on the Habs brass to put a francophone with a modicum of talent on the ice. He was okay, but he could have used another season in the minors. Alas, what is done is done. He's thrilled to be gone.

Montreal would love to see another Quebec franchise. That was one heck of a rivalry. Those games were penciled in on everyone's calendar. Boy, those two teams hated each other during the 80s and 90s.

Wow, this guy gets it. My thoughts exactly on Latendresse, but it wasn't just Latendresse who excelled to the next level in his game. On the flip side, the guy you got for him lit up the lamp 15 times in 39 games, good enough for 31.5 goals in an 82 game season.

I also heard Latendresse's knocks were his skating and conditioning coming into camp where he would often come in a tad bit higher than he should. I remember one season he had to lose 11 lbs of weight, most of it which was fat.

I also heard Latendresse's knocks were his skating and conditioning coming into camp where he would often come in a tad bit higher than he should. I remember one season he had to lose 11 lbs of weight, most of it which was fat.

Thing is, Habs fans were willing to wait a bit longer for him to become that 25-30 goal scorer. What truly disappointed fans was that he rarely used his size to intimidate players or crush the opposition in the corners or along the boards. Someties, a big hit can turn the tide of a game. This was a relatively big dude (230 lbs, 6'2"). Montreal especially, needed all of their bigger players to push their weight around. Sadly, he didn't.

My thinking is if you can't do much about your mediocrity with the puck, then at least try to improve on your skills without the puck.

Thing is, Habs fans were willing to wait a bit longer for him to become that 25-30 goal scorer. What truly disappointed fans was that he rarely used his size to intimidate players or crush the opposition in the corners or along the boards. Someties, a big hit can turn the tide of a game. This was a relatively big dude (230 lbs, 6'2"). Montreal especially, needed all of their bigger players to push their weight around. Sadly, he didn't.

My thinking is if you can't do much about your mediocrity with the puck, then at least try to improve on your skills without the puck.

That was no different when Leaf fans were concerning Nikolai Antropov back in his Toronto days. Guy is 6'6" and 235 lbs. No reason he shouldn't be more of a physical and intimidating player. However, he was always pegged as being a soft giant, but it's nice to see he's closer to realizing his potential and looks to have overcome his "body is glass" label.

Small scare today with the erroneous report of Pat Burns' death. The Boston media ran with the story around 11 A.M. and then corrected it around 1.

Anyway, I have to question, why is this man not in the HHOF? Especially now that he is staring death in the face and the next report of his death probably won't be twitter bull____.

People need to move on this and make it happen so he can enjoy it while he's still around for it.

Small scare today with the erroneous report of Pat Burns' death. The Boston media ran with the story around 11 A.M. and then corrected it around 1.

Anyway, I have to question, why is this man not in the HHOF? Especially now that he is staring death in the face and the next report of his death probably won't be twitter bull____.

People need to move on this and make it happen so he can enjoy it while he's still around for it.

Maybe the NHL wanted to be sure he wasn't going to return before nominating him... Or, maybe he just wasn't HOF worthy in the eyes of the powers that be.

His stats show 13 winning seasons out of 14, 3 Jack Adams trophies, and one Cup with NJ. While those are great things to have, the real question is, did he ever turn a team around or was he always on a good team? Then again, 500 wins should be a lock for the Hall.

Maybe the NHL wanted to be sure he wasn't going to return before nominating him... Or, maybe he just wasn't HOF worthy in the eyes of the powers that be.

His stats show 13 winning seasons out of 14, 3 Jack Adams trophies, and one Cup with NJ. While those are great things to have, the real question is, did he ever turn a team around or was he always on a good team? Then again, 500 wins should be a lock for the Hall.

He deserves to be in the Hall. Also neat tidbit of info.... Pat Burns was a cop before he was a head coach.

He deserves to be in the Hall. Also neat tidbit of info.... Pat Burns was a cop before he was a head coach.

I remember them making a big deal about that when he started coaching the Habs back in the late 80s.

I do remember this other cool thing about Burns and his no-nonsense attitude... Back in the day when the Habs had Claude Lemieux, Burns really taught him a lesson. Lemieux, ever the pest, took a dive on the ice and made it look like he was injured. Burns, disgusted by it all, let him lie there on the ice for a full minute without ever sending a trainer to check him out. That took balls. Of course, Lemieux got up looking fine. Lemieux eventually got traded to Jersey.

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="https://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=35&id=75548&server=https://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=https://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=https://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="https://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="https://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=35&id=75548&server=https://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=https://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=https://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

It's always nice to see how often the Flyers seem to be involved in these illegal style hits... lol

It's always nice to see how often the Flyers seem to be involved in these illegal style hits... lol

I seemed to notice a lot of orange too unfortunately. :slap

That was still a real ____ty hit on booth, there is no denying it. FL got the ugly side of ____ this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back