NHL 2009-2010 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fail-24.jpg

FAIL nothing..you are quoting a fact..just the Leafs lose in a nail biter, Price was solid though through out the game..where is freakin Kadri!!.

haha....Leafs outshoot MTL 46-27 and lose.Typical Toskala,had the worst save% in the league last year and he is picking up right where he left off.....85%

I still don't think that is fair. After all on several of those goals it was the defense that was lacking. Anybody thinks otherwise I dare them to lace up the pads and do better (I am a goalie so I have a good perspective of what he is dealing with).

I still don't think that is fair. After all on several of those goals it was the defense that was lacking. Anybody thinks otherwise I dare them to lace up the pads and do better (I am a goalie so I have a good perspective of what he is dealing with).

So the fact that Toskala the last 2 years was 39th and 43rd in save% is the D's fault...please.

So the fact that Toskala the last 2 years was 39th and 43rd in save% is the D's fault...please.

Yup!..because we had garbage D men..like Hal Gill and Ian White is notorious for turn overs in his own zone..Kubina and Kaberle were the only two consistent Defencemen on the Leafs the last few years..sadly, its the first game of the season, they out played and out shot Montreal with really no well known forwards on the ice playing against Gionta and Cammleri Gomez..these are more well known star players that need to start producing more offence(they hardly got the puck on net all game)..but, like i said its one game and Toskala made the big saves in the game for sure, Price got lots of easy shots to stop...Toronto lost a face off that cost them a goal in their own zone and took some foolish penalties that lead to a loss..pound for pound though, Toronto was better even though some may say Montreal looks better on paper..Price's GA percentage against the Leafs last year was 5.38 or something near that..pisss poor.

Lets face it Montreal still sucks..Mike Roberio after leaving that crap team went on to have career high seasons with Dallas, same goes for Michael Ryder on Boston..and the next one will be Kommisarek.

So Roberto Luongo putting up top 3 save percentages (.925-.930) during his time with the Panthers, a team that was horrible on D... he had more shots against him than anyone. Most shots allowed per game. Wow... yet he still put up remarkable numbers.

It's the goalies job to be the last means of defense. When the D fails, your goalie should be the last man standing. Defend the guy all you want Valfar, but these guys aren't paid in the millions to have beachballs go through them.

You are overrating Toskala. The fact the Leafs went into a bidding war for the Monster shows just how much confidence they have in the guy. Heck, most hockey elitists, believe the Monster will overtake the starting job from Toskala for a reason. And this is an undrafted goalie that has yet to play a single game in the NHL!!!! What more do you need?! The guy is nothing special!

So Roberto Luongo putting up top 3 save percentages (.925-.930) during his time with the Panthers, a team that was horrible on D... he had more shots against him than anyone. Most shots allowed per game. Wow... yet he still put up remarkable numbers.

It's the goalies job to be the last means of defense. Defend the guy all you want Valfar, but these guys aren't paid in the millions to have beachballs go through them.

I don't know anything about hockey, but one thing I do know is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

**BOOM!** That just happened...:cool:

I don't know anything about hockey, but one thing I do know is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

**BOOM!** That just happened...:cool:

Oh no you didn't! Men, Chapter2099 should have his balls removed for posting in a hockey thread without knowing what the heck it is... That, and he's only the 2nd best Buffy fan here! You're soooooo a goner! :angrycanu

Oh no you didn't! Men, Chapter2099 should have his balls removed for posting in a hockey thread without knowing what the heck it is... That, and he's only the 2nd best Buffy fan here! You're soooooo a goner! :angrycanu

:lol

You....Me....Griff's Bar....High Noon....tomorrow....be there.....or else.....don't.

I don't really care so.... :confused: So, so, so BE THERE. :mad:

Yup!..because we had garbage D men..like Hal Gill and Ian White is notorious for turn overs in his own zone..Kubina and Kaberle were the only two consistent Defencemen on the Leafs the last few years..sadly, its the first game of the season, they out played and out shot Montreal with really no well known forwards on the ice playing against Gionta and Cammleri Gomez..these are more well known star players that need to start producing more offence(they hardly got the puck on net all game)..but, like i said its one game and Toskala made the big saves in the game for sure, Price got lots of easy shots to stop...Toronto lost a face off that cost them a goal in their own zone and took some foolish penalties that lead to a loss..pound for pound though, Toronto was better even though some may say Montreal looks better on paper..Price's GA percentage against the Leafs last year was 5.38 or something near that..pisss poor.

Lets face it Montreal still sucks..Mike Roberio after leaving that crap team went on to have career high seasons with Dallas, same goes for Michael Ryder on Boston..and the next one will be Kommisarek.

Komisarek??? Are you kidding?? Hes just an over piad Hal Gill. He is actually the reason the leafs lost. Tried to play tougher than he is and spent the whole game in the penalty box, 2 of which Mtl scored.

So much for the big 4, if its the defences fault right????

The problem is he is a smaller guy so he depends on his D more then a bigger goalie like Luongo as he can sit a bit deeper in the net and still cover it but Toskala has to come out more to cover the angles. I am only 5'8" so I know this very well, as I have to cover my angles so I need my D to cover the passes or I will be screwed.

I do think the monster will be starting soon as the Leafs just paid too much for him to ride the pine.

Komisarek??? Are you kidding?? Hes just an over piad Hal Gill. He is actually the reason the leafs lost. Tried to play tougher than he is and spent the whole game in the penalty box, 2 of which Mtl scored.

So much for the big 4, if its the defences fault right????

I agree about Komisarek. He is no Avery but he does make dumb mistakes trying to get the big hit. I do want them to be physical but not at the cost of the game.

I agree about Komisarek. He is no Avery but he does make dumb mistakes trying to get the big hit. I do want them to be physical but not at the cost of the game.

Good points, I sure things will even out as the season goes on, Leafs need to stay out of the box thats the only error they made last night..actually Montreal looked more like the Leafs of the last couple seasons..getting out shot bad but, still managing to find a way to win.

It's the goalies job to be the last means of defense. When the D fails, your goalie should be the last man standing. Defend the guy all you want Valfar, but these guys aren't paid in the millions to have beachballs go through them.

You are overrating Toskala. The fact the Leafs went into a bidding war for the Monster shows just how much confidence they have in the guy. Heck, most hockey elitists, believe the Monster will overtake the starting job from Toskala for a reason. And this is an undrafted goalie that has yet to play a single game in the NHL!!!! What more do you need?! The guy is nothing special!

Bahh! its the first game..if Toskala starts to struggle then yea, we have Gustvasson to take the lead in net..they picked up the monster pretty easily during the off season,he wanted to play for Toronto most as well.

Back