NHL 2009-2010 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toskola is not a strong goalie. He's a Roman Turek or Roman Cechmanek. Good enough to be a starter for their respective teams until someone better comes along and wins their spot. He'll be back playing in Europe before you know it. The Monster will win the starting job this season, and could do it prior to the Olympic break. He has looked strong in the preseason games he's played in, granted I don't think any of them were full games. His irregular heartbeat scares me. Back to Toskala, goalies like him come and go. He's definitely not an elite goalie or even a top 20 starter in my eyes. I don't even know if he's a top 30 guy.

The Leafs should be a stronger team, but they'll barely squeak into the playoffs this season. They need some upper tier talent up front before they can really do some damage on the scoresheet. Grabovski could barely make a Habs roster... and Blake is in the twilight of his career. Poni as good as he is, benefits playing on a team that lacks depth up front. I do like some of the new young talent coming in like your Stalbergs, Bozaks, Hanson's, and Kadri's. Having said that, will it be enough? Also, can Kessel flirt with 40 again with no elite playmaker this time around?

Man, Leafs offence was ranked 10th in the league last year..pretty damn good, its their defence that was lacking, ranked 30th in the league last year and they have made adjustments since.Toskala is a great goalie and San Jose had a tough time deciding between Nabokov and him for starting position since both goalies are very good.Toskala is a clutch goalie.will make the saves when it counts most.The Monster looked good in pre-season and you might be right but, this guy is only going to make Toskala play better for the #1 spot in goal.

Man, Leafs offence was ranked 10th in the league last year..pretty damn good, its their defence that was lacking, ranked 30th in the league last year and they have made adjustments since.Toskala is a great goalie and San Jose had a tough time deciding between Nabokov and him for starting position since both goalies are very good.Toskala is a clutch goalie.will make the saves when it counts most.The Monster looked good in pre-season and you might be right but, this guy is only going to make Toskala play better for the #1 spot in goal.

That's true, Burkie did build the team from the bottom up. He sure made the proper adjustments. Are you sure they were 10th best? I am shocked, especially with the lack of offensive depth they possessed last season. If that's the case, then I am surprized. And I have to admit, while I have a good idea how their season played out I haven't followed them as closely as other teams.

I just don't think this team is going places. That's all.

The Leafs ranked 10th in league scoring (2.98 goals per game), but they had the worst goals-against average (3.49 goals per game).

TONIGHT!!!!

OvechkinPolitics.jpg

I'm in a hockey pool of 20 people and was the 3rd to pick.My first pick was Crosby but I dont like him, I would have prefer Overchkin or Malkin but they were the first 2 names to go...

I never thought it was humanly possible to hate a team more than I do the Cowboys. I actually think the Pens take the cake. Damn I hate that team. :monkey3

I never thought it was humanly possible to hate a team more than I do the Cowboys. I actually think the Pens take the cake. Damn I hate that team. :monkey3

We are the exact same except one small detail. Growing up I hated the cowboys more than any team. However, these days the flyers own that black place in my heart. I do still hate the cowboys a lot though :lol

Oh and Eli.. I live about 7 miles from Hershey Park Arena so I've seen Bourque play a handful of games myself. I'm not questioning his talent. I think he did really good in the AHL. But, I don't know if he'll be much better than an "ok" NHL player. Trust me, I hope he proves me wrong. But, I just don't know where he will fit on our roster. I would think it order for a player like him to succeed he would need top two lines. That seems to be pretty full at the moment and once Caputi and Tangredi get the call I don't know if he'll have a spot. Again though, prove me wrong and If I right I'm ok with the move just knowing we pissed the caps off :lol

Oh and Eli.. I live about 7 miles from Hershey Park Arena so I've seen Bourque play a handful of games myself. I'm not questioning his talent. I think he did really good in the AHL. But, I don't know if he'll be much better than an "ok" NHL player. Trust me, I hope he proves me wrong. But, I just don't know where he will fit on our roster. I would think it order for a player like him to succeed he would need top two lines. That seems to be pretty full at the moment and once Caputi and Tangredi get the call I don't know if he'll have a spot. Again though, prove me wrong and If I right I'm ok with the move just knowing we pissed the caps off :lol

You'll eat your words. That guy was so multi-dimensional in the playoffs last year. I remember everyone in the arena taking notice to the guy. Okay, I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for those around me, and they were all giving Chris rave reviews.

Again, AHL play is different from the NHL, but he definitely has elements to his game that would make him a serviceable NHLer. Now I am not saying he'll be a top-sixer by any means, but he can be an energy player on a third line with Staal. I can definitely see 25-30 points, with him being a +player getting underneath the other team's skin.

Whether that happens or not is entirely up to him, but so far he has been developing nicely, numbers improving with every passing season, and he stuck out a lot in the Calder Cup Finals, which is some pretty intense hockey. He's only 23, so I wouldn't write him off prax. Just be happy he cost us nothing.

This is probably pointless, but would anyone be willing to do a hockey pool here?

C'mon yeah bunch of pussies. Prove your hockey intellect and join me in an all Freaks hockey pool. I can set it up so it's so easy... it will be mind blowingly silly how easy it is that even Bodie could play.

Here's a link to the pens championship rings for those interested:

https://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09273/1001848-61.stm

Some pretty big bling.

Question. If one of the flyers from their championship team way back when tried to sell one of their championship rings, would it be considered an antique? :monkey3

LETS GO PENS

To answer that part of your question which is in bold, yes, yes it would be considered an antique! In fact, it would be found on the Antique Road House, and the verdict of the value? Priceless. I mean, worth absolutely squat!

Last edited:
Back