Next LOTR PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:lecture

11565.jpg

The Pippin was a bad choice for a number of reasons, chiefly the expression and pose were frankly ridiculous for a stand alone piece, and yes, he most definitely should have been in his Fellowship outfit.

My hopes is that the PF line lasts longer than most, and that the characters represented are made for the sake of the character, not the arbitrary Fellowship collection.

I could not have said it better myself. Glad to hear another person in the minority voice their opinion on this issue.

Just another elephant thrown on the LOTR licence. :monkey2

Sadly enough, we can't even get our own specific "Ask Sideshow" segment. You know, like the ones provided for G.I. Joe, SW, and Marvel fans in the last week.

Sadly enough, we can't even get our own specific "Ask Sideshow" segment. You know, like the ones provided for G.I. Joe, SW, and Marvel fans in the last week.

Too true. Maybe we all should ask five questions each to flood their Ask Sideshow inbox and force them to have a Ask Sideshow LOTR edition...

Too true. Maybe we all should ask five questions each to flood their Ask Sideshow inbox and force them to have a Ask Sideshow LOTR edition...

:lecture Good idea. I hit them up about 3 times a week so I'm already more than half way there. :lol

Last edited:
The Pippin was a bad choice for a number of reasons, chiefly the expression and pose were frankly ridiculous for a stand alone piece, and yes, he most definitely should have been in his Fellowship outfit.

No doubt all valid reasons. The "I'm just about to soil myself" pose and expression, plus the Gondorian outfit were all bad choices IMO, but they pale in comparison to what I believe the worst choice/decision of all . That being the scrapping of the fellowship Pippin they had already sculpted. No, it wasn't great, but it was a heck of a lot better than what we ended up with. :(

dscn2138h.jpg

No doubt all valid reasons. The "I'm just about to soil myself" pose and expression, plus the Gondorian outfit were all bad choices IMO, but they pale in comparison to what I believe the worst choice/decision of all . That being the scrapping of the fellowship Pippin they had already sculpted. No, it wasn't great, but it was a heck of a lot better than what we ended up with. :(

dscn2138h.jpg

:drool

Is that Pippin some custom? It looks magnificent!

:drool

Is that Pippin some custom? It looks magnificent!

You need to see a close-up - it looks awful! People talk about poopin Pippin, well by the look of this version he just sh@ himself!
I can see why Weta chose not to release it, and i actually like the Gondorian armour version. It shows what the hobbits - and Pippin in particular - become.

You need to see a close-up - it looks awful! People talk about poopin Pippin, well by the look of this version he just sh@ himself!
I can see why Weta chose not to release it, and i actually like the Gondorian armour version. It shows what the hobbits - and Pippin in particular - become.

I do have a close-up pic., and like I said, it's not great but at least he's in his fellowship attire and for that reason alone I would have taken it in a heartbeat over the poopie version. :D

If you mean it shows the transition of Pippin from being a just plain stupid hobbit to a just plain terrified one, I have to agree with you. :naughty

Please post the closeup pic, woodsy. :D

I've got a display of the 3 LotR movie posters and was thinking of getting a PF to display under each poster. Fellowship is basically taken by Gandalf the Grey now.

I was wondering what 3 PFs of any characters would you get to represent each film? I am leaning towards, FotR: GtG, TTT: Saruman, RotK: Witchking. Any better suggestions?

I was wondering what 3 PFs of any characters would you get to represent each film? I am leaning towards, FotR: GtG, TTT: Saruman, RotK: Witchking. Any better suggestions?

Berserker could be a good TTT one, until a Saruman or Theoden is made anyway. As for ROTK, Elessar would be pretty iconic if its ever made.

I've got a display of the 3 LotR movie posters and was thinking of getting a PF to display under each poster. Fellowship is basically taken by Gandalf the Grey now.

lutrz FTW

:lecture

Depends on if you like baddies more.

IMO....If I were going to do it with the current PFs, I would have GTG, Frodo, Aragorn.

Back