Next LOTR PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another Q N A with no questions regarding LOTR. I have probably sent in 10 within the last past two months.:wacky

Fear not! There is an upcoming 'Ask Sideshow' that will feature a few LOTR questions with answers. Keep a look out over the next couple of weeks! :D

-SideshowAlex

I just wrote in earlier today, after seeing a lack of LOTR love in the last Q&A! Can't wait to hear more news on this line! I asked about the possibility of a Cave Troll/Wraith on Steed/Sam and Merry two pack. I tried to phrase it in a way to suggest that these are heavily rumored.

By few I hope you mean a whole one. :D

So do I. Marvel and SW both got their own "Ask Sideshow" segments recently and with all the questions you, I, and others have been bombarding SS with I'm sure they have enough questions for a month's worth of Q & A segments.

So do I. Marvel and SW both got their own "Ask Sideshow" segments recently and with all the questions you, I, and others have been bombarding SS with I'm sure they have enough questions for a month's worth of Q & A segments.

The lastest one was almost all Terminator.

The next Q&A seemed to suggest that the three remaining hobbits might not be the top priority but that the PF line still has some long life in it.

The PF figures that have been strongly suggested by Sideshow includes:
Ringwraith
Saruman
Cave Troll (long shot, but not discounted!)
Boromir
Arwen

Any others that people can think of?:confused:

Fear not! There is an upcoming 'Ask Sideshow' that will feature a few LOTR questions with answers. Keep a look out over the next couple of weeks! :D

-SideshowAlex

I hope you're referring to another 'Ask Sideshow' segment and not the one posted on the 17th. After waiting month's for some LOTR questions to be answered I think we were all pretty underwhelmed at the lack of questions containing anything substantial. To be perfectly honest, after seeing the Marvel Q&A posted on the 18th, the LOTR one, in comparison, was downright embarrassing. :(

I hope you're referring to another 'Ask Sideshow' segment and not the one posted on the 17th. After waiting month's for some LOTR questions to be answered I think we were all pretty underwhelmed at the lack of questions containing anything substantial. To be perfectly honest, after seeing the Marvel Q&A posted on the 18th, the LOTR one, in comparison, was downright embarrassing. :(

:lecture

It should have been called a question & rambling on and beating around the bush. I don't think there was one legitimate answer besides the ever-popular "No, wait for the hobbit" response about the 12 inch line.

I have a feeling that the next PF will be a bad guy. Most likely the Ringwraith. My hopes are high that Boromir will follow.

Some news on a Gimli PF for all of us is much needed. Sooner than later as my hopes of him being done are at the top along with Boromir. Boromir (fellowship attire) first as he is the highest of those two on my list.

It should have been called a question & rambling on and beating around the bush. I don't think there was one legitimate answer besides the ever-popular "No, wait for the hobbit" response about the 12 inch line.

Exactly, and it's very frustrating. SS puts in place a mechanism for us to ask them questions, we take the time and effort to submit our questions, and most of the "hard" ones get ignored. Legitimate questions concerning the lack of LOTR products available, and why not a single Gimli representaion in any line in 4+ years, etc.......Instead we get more 12" questions, and what's worse is they're the same ones that have been asked, and answered, by SS several times in the past already. :duh

gimli_wm.jpg

Man, Gimli has got to be a challenge to design in PF (such intricate, layered clothing and armor)! I wonder if we ever WILL see one?

I had assumed that Boromir would have the Lothlorien cloak but, after seeing the pics posted of him with his original, arrival-into-Rivendell garb, I believe I would really like to see that in PF instead.

Of the secondary/tertiary characters, my favorite would have to be a Prologue Elven Warrior, probably in a stance with his Elven Sword (SSW gave us a Galadhrim Archer already). If done well, I think it would be a fast favorite, grabbed up by more than just ardent Prologue Elven fans!
:D

It looks like no new PF [ or dio.....or LSB] previews during Fantacular. Nine new previews during the next 4 weeks and not a single one of them LOTR-related. :(

But Woodsy - you know SS's penchant for throwing little surprises into the mix (keeps us off-balance y'know):D On the final day of the event, they might announce a dio of the entire fellowship, striding south along the Misty Mountains!

OK - not likely but it looked great in my dream! :monkey5

But Woodsy - you know SS's penchant for throwing little surprises into the mix (keeps us off-balance y'know):D On the final day of the event, they might announce a dio of the entire fellowship, striding south along the Misty Mountains!

OK - not likely but it looked great in my dream! :monkey5

Well a production tease is definitely a possibility, but as for previews, and subsequent pre-orders, it looks like Fantacular more closely resembles Failtacular for LOTR fans. I think our only hope lies in the April 1st "maquette" preview. I'm surprised by the terminology used by SS here as every other preview is based on a specific licence except for this one. Come to think of it, I don't ever recall SS basing a preview on a specific type of statue and not the licence itself. Here's hoping the maquette preview is related to the new LOTR line. :D

I bet we get a teaser............ :monkey5

You're probably right. We'll get a teaser then have to wait for....who knows how long?, before that item becomes available. Meanwhile we do know that at least 6 other licences will be getting 9 new previews/pre-orders, some getting multiples. Getting a teaser at this point is hardly a comforting thought for LOTR fans who already have virtually nothing available for pre-order at the moment. Obviously SS didn't have LOTR fans in mind for this years Fantacular, which is why I prefer the term "Failtacular" to describe this years event. :rolleyes:

It certainly is a little frustrating that Gandalf PF is really the only thing pending on the pre-order horizon for a while with LOTR. I would prefer that the pace pick up a little bit to keep some of the excitement/interest going on the PF line.

In the past, the turnaround time from a Sneak Peek to a pre-order has run from what feels like ages to no time at all. I felt like the 12 days of Sideshow sneak peeks all debuted relatively quickly following that event, but we had seen teaser shots of Gandalf for some time before that!!

I would love to see the sneak peek at the next PF and a pre-order for a maquette during Fantacular though.:duh

It certainly is a little frustrating that Gandalf PF is really the only thing pending on the pre-order horizon for a while with LOTR. I would prefer that the pace pick up a little bit to keep some of the excitement/interest going on the PF line.

In the past, the turnaround time from a Sneak Peek to a pre-order has run from what feels like ages to no time at all. I felt like the 12 days of Sideshow sneak peeks all debuted relatively quickly following that event, but we had seen teaser shots of Gandalf for some time before that!!

I would love to see the sneak peek at the next PF and a pre-order for a maquette during Fantacular though.:duh

Frustrating.....that's an understatement! Pick up the pace! Since the conclusion of last years Fantacular we've gotten exactly 5 new pre-orders. One PF [GTG], one LSB [Boromir] and three dio's [Mt Doom, Sauron, and KOTD]. If this licence was moving any slower it would be considered clinically dead :lol

Back