Next Batman game from Rocksteady Studios (Arkham 3/ Justice League)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocksteady has earned our trust and the benefit of the doubt. Enough whining.
It's a discussion forum. I think that people being worried about having Superman and co in the Arkhamverse is a fair worry. Sure, if it happens Rocksteady could pull it off, but many of us only really like Batman and don't like all the Justice League stuff. So wanting to keep them separate is fair enough.

Always annoys me when you have one guy basically telling people to shut up, particularly in such a condescending way, on a site designed for discussion.

Well... I think there was a Metropolis riddle in Arkham City. *shrugs*

If it's a JLA story then it's good that Dini isn't writing it. They'd be mad not to bring him back for Arkham 3.

Superman exists in the Arkhamverse anyway. Because we know Nightwing exists. They've stuck faithfully to the lore so the idea that Grayson took the name Nightwing from Kryptonians would probably stick too.
With CADMUS posters everywhere, it's also safe to assume that other metahumans exist in the Arkhamverse too.

Gotham is The Batman's city. They mostly won't interfere or impact the games in any way unless the plot of 3 revolved around them. But you probably wouldn't be playing as them.

But for the supposed Silver-Age/First Joker meeting/ JLA game...I wouldn't be as interested to play as the other characters. It just depends on the style of play they adopt.

When exactly is the next game show? Id like to know when we'll get new info. There hasn't been any game news in general for a while

Its not Rocksteady that the complaints are about. Rocksteady I have every confidence in, they will alway produce a superbly thought out, playable and fluent AAA game.

Its the story and setting. no doubt rocksteady would pull it off, but it doesnt change the fact that its not what some like me or SFA I believe, want. We want a continuation of the Arkham story.

No point killing Joker, having scarecrow leave his hints and plans, Bane stealing more Titan, Hush fleeing with Bruce Waynes face, Two-face nowhere to be found, but more importantly, Batman.

Batman is.... broken. He isnt the same. he isn't communicating with the family (robin/nightwing/oracle). Hes hiding something. hes angry and something is eating him up. The loss of Joker is changing Batman.

We need that continuation because its one of the best storylines that we will ever see in a videogame. Finally, we have had 2 supremely designed, playable and fantastically storied games witha story which captures the source material uniquely with a fresh touch, but with alot of resemblance to what many call the definitive batman; BTAS.

Theres no doubts about Rocksteady's capabilities at all, its just what the game is about and what it means for the Arkham storyline. And the fact that I just dont like any of the other DC roster in this batman world. I know theres a riddle on metropolis, but I just cant imagine superman flying over AC or something, it just doesnt fit.

^ Yep, completely agree.

I'm a Batman fan only. I have zero interest in any other DC heroes. So if the rumours do end up true, and the next Rocksteady/Arkham game ends up featuring the Justice League, I'm not going to suddenly change how how I feel just because Rocksteady are making it. I'm sure Rocksteady would do an excellent job with it, but it still wouldn't change the fact I have zero interest in those characters, and therefore would have no interest in playing that game.

A quality game is a quality game. If you want to miss out on a quality batman game because it isn't 'batman only' more power to you.

A quality game is a quality game. If you want to miss out on a quality batman game because it isn't 'batman only' more power to you.
That's pretty much what sfa said, so no need to be confrontational about it. It doesn't matter how good a game is if the subject matter itself doesn't interest you.

I will consider playing any game regardless of subject material if it is good enough. Not saying my philosophy is right, mind you, just not so close-minded.

I will consider playing any game regardless of subject material if it is good enough. Not saying my philosophy is right, mind you, just not so close-minded.
So do I, but I'm a gamer. Someone who's primarily a Batman fan, rather than a gamer, is less likely to play such games. Which is fine - it's not really 'close minded'. It's like someone not listening to a well-regarded rap album because they prefer jazz, or someone not watching The Dark Knight Rises because they only like rom coms.

You don't have to be condescending about it, especially when it doesn't affect you.

I hate the Justice league, they just seem soo cheesy. The only time they were pulled off well is in the animated series, so if they are played by that cast, it'll be fine imo

I hate the Justice league, they just seem soo cheesy. The only time they were pulled off well is in the animated series, so if they are played by that cast, it'll be fine imo

Considering they got Conroy, they just might go that route. They seem to be fans of the animated series as much as everyone else is. So if they do go the JL route, I hope they get the animated series team back together (with Fillion again if they use Hal instead of John).

But its not a Batman game, its a JLA game. So it wouldnt be a quality game. 'batman only' game, is called a Batman game. JLA is a group featuring Batman.

Avengers isnt just one character, its a roster of the most popular from Marvel, same as JLA. If someone likes Iron man but none of the others, its not 'a quality Iron Man game'. Its still an Avengers game featuring a character.

If people dont like Avengers, they wont buy the game regardless of whether it has their favourite character. I dont like JLA regardless of Batman being in it, because its not a Batman story or a Batman game. hes just a part of it.

So we wont be missing a quality Batman game, we'd be missing a quality JLA game that doesnt interest us in the slightest =]

But its not a Batman game, its a JLA game. So it wouldnt be a quality game.

the_joker_laughing_wallpaper_-_800x600.jpg

Considering they got Conroy, they just might go that route. They seem to be fans of the animated series as much as everyone else is. So if they do go the JL route, I hope they get the animated series team back together (with Fillion again if they use Hal instead of John).

Considering both Batman games were written by Paul Dini, a main contributor to the Animated Series, if he writes this then yeah, I'd say there's a fair chance it'll come out like a good JLA Animated Series Episode or Episodes.

You guys are insane in your close minded bashing of anything JLA because it's not Batman only. :cuckoo:

Back