Next Batman game from Rocksteady Studios (Arkham 3/ Justice League)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's be sweet if there were some reason to go back to Arkham Island, like MGS4. Combine gameplay in Gotham itself and the old island and it would be great.

I wouldn't mind it if we pursued villains to other cities that JLA members reside, and then team up with them for missions and side missions. Metropolis, Coast City, Central City, etc.

I wouldn't really be interested in playing as the other characters because it would probably change up the gameplay too much. Just give me the meat and potatoes for my Batman game.

I think it's funny a lot of you are saying you have no interest or wont play it if it isn't Arkham 3. Once some screen shots and videos start popping up though I bet you'll all change your tune. Judging the game before any real info comes along is ridiculous.

No matter what it is... I'll most likely buy it, I really like RockSteady... but if it's not a sequel, I'll still be disappointed.

I think it's funny a lot of you are saying you have no interest or wont play it if it isn't Arkham 3. Once some screen shots and videos start popping up though I bet you'll all change your tune. Judging the game before any real info comes along is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say it was ridiculous at all, since we're giving opinions based on the information we've heard so far. If that information were to be correct, then the game would become drastically different to the previous games and not something I'd have much interest in at all.

Yeah, its hard to think what the "Arkham" setting could go except the joked about "Arkham World." I'm fine with them leaving the prison setting just as long as its within the same universe/storyline. I don't want it to be a prequel either. Pick up after the events of AC! :lecture

I have a feeling that Rocksteady might want to remove Batman from Arkham, and place him in Gotham City this time. In Arkham City, Raziel told Batman that some terrible things are going to happen and that Gotham "will burn". So, maybe, there's going to be some sort of full-scale street war, like in TDKR.

Granted, that there's going to be another "Arkham" game, of course... :monkey1

I would definitely love a game that would allow us to explore Gotham in its entirety, possibly with a co-op element and vehicles. Of course, the only way I'd like to see these things is if they're done right, but, if anyone can do it, Rocksteady can. With that being said, as much as I'd like to see a straightforward sequel to Batman:Arkham City, if they feel that they'd like to take it in the "rumored" direction, I'll follow them there. I played Urban Chaos on the Playstation 2 back in the day (pretty fun, underrated game), I've played, and love their Batman series, and, to be frank, I trust Rocksteady. They've yet to fail (knock on wood), and, until they do, I don't see any reason to doubt them. I hope that, whatever they choose to do, it provides me with as much fun, and intelligent, fluid gameplay as the Batman series has.

Not really. I hate every DC character apart from Batman. They are all horrible. Batman is the best comic book character ever created, but DC's roster is utter ____.

If superman or any other spazzy DC characters are in the 3rd game I will not be purchasing it. End of. Arkham series did a damn fine universe for Gotham and it didnt include any other crappy DC characters did it?

That's just your opinion. A lot of folks like the DC Universe, and, if it's done right, I'd be more than happy to see them introduced. If you don't like that, well, don't let the door hit you on your way out. :wave

That's just your opinion. A lot of folks like the DC Universe, and, if it's done right, I'd be more than happy to see them introduced. If you don't like that, well, don't let the door hit you on your way out. :wave

Ofcourse its my opinion. Dont think I have to request permission fro you to exercise it do I ;)

Eitherway, It wont be my loss or their loss if I dont buy the game. Saves me having to put up with the god awful Superman, Wonder woman, Green bloody Lantern, Flash and.... whats the other guy?

be0.jpg

DC just sucks aside from Batman which is the greatest ever created.

But really, If they do it as a seperate franchise im all for it and hope that everyone else enjoys it. But if its bringing them into the universe which is introduced in Arkham, I wont be buying another game until JLA is out of it and not even mentioned. Superman etc dont have a place in those games IMO. it would just be a stupid cash in thanks to that average Avengers film.

God awful? I disagree, but, to each their own. :peace

Probably exaggerating to be honest. I just see nothing interesting in them. Supermans invincible apart from the green rock lol.

Thats a problem with comic books now to me, the heroes never get beaten. Its like Avengers It was all right but you knew they were going to win no matter what. They took a few hits and still rose up into the sunset, imaginary USA flag behind them etc.

At least with Batman he got his arse handed to him is a broken man both physically and emotionally. I liked that in AC, you could tell something was up and Harleys Revenge reinforced that something is not right. Part of Batman is broken. He lost Talia and Joker is dead. Which that NEEDS to be explored. Finally a super hero game where there isnt a happy ending and theyre on about galabanting 70 years worth of comics and lame stories which dont need to be retold for the umpteenth time. We need to explore the psyche of bats in a game. We saw what he carries with him in AA with Scarecrows fear toxin, and in AC where he is close to dying and he see's Thomas and Martha begging him to give up the ghost and be at peace.

Thats why im defensive of AA/AC, we dont need no stupid outside character crap or supergroups ruining things.

Confirmed: Paul Dini is NOT writing Arkham 3. He said so on Twitter, sounds gutted that Rocksteady didn't ask him.

Isnt Dini focusing on his own Graphic Novel, a story he wants to tell of Batman himself?

No Hamill. No Dini.... Hope we still get Conroy and the BTAS crew still if its Arkham 3. I hated the fact Arleen Sorkin didnt return as Harley. The replacement was whiney as hell and it grated horridly.

So basically...Lego Batman 2 only without the Lego-ness I guess :lol

I'd honestly prefer an Arkham 3 and Justice League title separately from Rocksteady. Maybe a Superman game first as well.

Probably exaggerating to be honest. I just see nothing interesting in them. Supermans invincible apart from the green rock lol.

Thats a problem with comic books now to me, the heroes never get beaten. Its like Avengers It was all right but you knew they were going to win no matter what. They took a few hits and still rose up into the sunset, imaginary USA flag behind them etc.

At least with Batman he got his arse handed to him is a broken man both physically and emotionally. I liked that in AC, you could tell something was up and Harleys Revenge reinforced that something is not right. Part of Batman is broken. He lost Talia and Joker is dead. Which that NEEDS to be explored. Finally a super hero game where there isnt a happy ending and theyre on about galabanting 70 years worth of comics and lame stories which dont need to be retold for the umpteenth time. We need to explore the psyche of bats in a game. We saw what he carries with him in AA with Scarecrows fear toxin, and in AC where he is close to dying and he see's Thomas and Martha begging him to give up the ghost and be at peace.

Thats why im defensive of AA/AC, we dont need no stupid outside character crap or supergroups ruining things.

Have you read the Batman comics these days? He almost always beats anyone who he fights...even Superman....:panic:

Anyways, I'm anticipating this game and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

I do get what people are saying, though; they don't want this to interfere with the Arkhamverse. In my ideal world, the reason for no Dini is that this is a separate series entirely, and Rocksteady and Dini will return to Gotham on the next generation of consoles. At worst, a Justice League game flops, and Rocksteady makes Batman 3 their return to form. At best, Rocksteady launches yet another successful DC franchise to complement their sublime Batman titles.

Back