NEXT 12" LOTR - NON-FELLOWSHIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next LOTR 12" non-Fellowship figure?

• Saruman

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Nazgul

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Faramir

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Arwen

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Eowyn

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Elrond

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Eomer

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Neither am I concerned about the line. The labor that goes into producing these figures will inevitably widen the gap between figures. Unlike Star Wars, which has simple costumes (Jedi Luke, Han, many OT characters) to fill in the gaps between the complicated ones (Vader, Amidala, etc.), Lord of the Rings is almost entirely composed of characters with intricate costuming and very specific likenesses. I think that is what will draw people into the line once Aragorn is released--every one of them is laden with accessories and detail unmatched by any line to date. They really are incredibly beautiful, and crafted with detail in the extreme. This line will be the crown jewel of Sideshow Collectibles.

Now let's see the preview for the Faramir 12" figure in Ranger Garb!!!

I'm a little worried because I'd like to see a few more announced if they have them in the bag. If for some reason which I don't think is the case the end would be cause by lack of product being turned out rather than sales.

Lurtz... there won't be a lurtz... :monkey2

I'm starting to get pestamistic about what types of figures they can/will produce.

... I wouldn't mind seeing battle armor Elron! :D

I'd love to see Armored Elrond! I hope that once Sideshow figures out how to do sixth scale armor for characters like this, we get a year packed with assorted soldier releases! Elven Warrior, Eomer, Theoden, Stormtroopers, Clonetroopers, etc. and they just keep cranking them out!

Sachiel said:
Did they say that? I'm sure we'd get some orc or a Urak.

I imagine they would use a rubber body suit for them like they did with the Creature. I wouldn't expect a Beserker Urak or a Gollum anytime soon though due to their lack of other clothing besides a loincloth.

I guess they could use a rubber body suit, but I hope they start talking to the folks over at Hot Toys, because they know how to make bodies for creature figures! Their predator figures are awesome, and would likely have armor similar to that of the Uruk-Hai. A berserker and gollum would prove a challenge given how they like to rock the speedo look!

Hot Toys figures are well worht every penny, though I certainly don't like spending all those pennies all the time. I would assume that some of their extra cost deals with the way the figures are licensed and how few are produced. just speculation, but I would hope to get an Uruk for 85.00 before shipping, with the armor and body changes required. I expect for soldiers of this and the SW line, retailers will have limits too, but there won't be a limit as to how many retailers we can order from!!!

My idea for orcs would require that there be no edition size. See, they could make a basic body design, and then include two of that body, a variety of heads, armour, helmets, and weapons. That way, you could mix it up and make an army of orcs with the heads and stuff that you want. With all that, sure it would cost more, but would have a ton of possibilites. It would be a super deluxe deal, but hey, I would get one.

Of course there are major issues with that idea, but hey, I can dream...:D

Aye Aye Captain, sounds like a great idea, but not a likely possibility. It would be great to get "army builder" kits like this, but even toy biz had trouble doing this for LOTR at the smaller scale line. LOTR is a property that would have a great use for generic characters, Uruks, Orcs, Gondorians, Rohirrim, Elves, etc...

Okay, so the Aragorn packaging looks really nice in the newsletter, but we are desperate for some news on LOTR at this point. I can't wait for the next announcement, but knowing that Aragorn is going to look this cool and the box is really a work of art, will soothe that sting a little!

Back