NEXT 12" LOTR - NON-FELLOWSHIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next LOTR 12" non-Fellowship figure?

• Saruman

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Nazgul

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Faramir

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Arwen

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Eowyn

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Elrond

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Eomer

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Magic Giraffe said:
SW 12" collectors have it so easy, they get a new 12" announcement every couple of weeks (they had 3 announced at 1 time!) and people like me who collect the LOTR 12" figures can't even get 1 announced in months! C'mon Sideshow where is the love?

I know.:eek: :monkey2

Brant said at SDCC that a new 12" LOTR will be announced "toward the end of the 3rd quarter". So that means within the next 3-4 weeks.

I'm guessing next week's newsletter will be about Plo Koon's pre-order, but the week after that, when we have our next podcast... that would be the ideal time to reveal the NEXT LOTR 12".

That's my guess.

Magic Giraffe said:
SW 12" collectors have it so easy, they get a new 12" announcement every couple of weeks (they had 3 announced at 1 time!) and people like me who collect the LOTR 12" figures can't even get 1 announced in months! C'mon Sideshow where is the love?

Easy? EASY? I'm collecting both, you think that's EASY! :D

when the hell are we getting the next announcement? sheesh

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get some good news tonight! We need a new announcement, but an Aragorn shipping notice would be equally cool!

I've already given up on getting Strider this month. We'd have to get a 10-15 day ship notice today or tommorow and it would still be close by the time he gets processed. Not even taking into account the extra week for shipping. He sure as hell better be in the coming in the next 30 days section!

I just noticed a good real-world example of why LOTR is so slow:

This thread has been up since 7-24 and its got over 3,500 views. But some SW threads get over 10,000 views in a couple days. This is what we're competing with here.

I don't think the speed of announcements on this line has anything at all to do with "the detail of the wardrobe". It has everything to do with the fact that SS doesn't want a lot of stock to be sitting in their warehouse. And rightly so. If there was more interest in this line, believe me, detail or not, these would be pumped out just like SW.

Certainly the low ES on Boromir is a clear indication of the expected popularity of the line so far.

I was a little worried about the edition size for Boromir too, but I think the numbers are respectable when not compared to the sales freak that is Star Wars. I still think that even that license could sell more, and maybe will grow an audience when people see these in hand. I know a lot of people are impulse buyers for toys and collectibles.

I agree, I'm hoping that the sheer wonder of having this in hand will spur more people to get into the line...

BUT... will they? Especially after missing out on Aragorn and Legolas and Boromir? If the figure is great, and the secondary market goes thru the roof, it may actually keep people from getting on board because they lost out on two of the major characters already. And if prices do go up, then we're stuck with scalpers and flippers getting into the line just for the money.

I'm not trying to be a doomsayer... I'm just nervous... because I care. :eek:

I am totally nervous too, and I hope that the line stays healthy for a long time, given the glacial pace with which it is moving.

I think that the numbers for collectibles like this are a little hazy, as we don't seem to have the clearest indicator of a break even point for Sideshow. Some lines seem healthy, yet only sell 1500 units or so for each character (Angel, I am looking at you!), and it is so hard to compare what is going on with Star Wars, as their exclusive size matches some other lines best sellers! It might be best to compare things to higher end collectibles, like statues and stuff, instead of other toy lines. I wonder if something like Gentle Giant's Star Wars statue line might be a better measuring stick.

I need to check the SS site, but when you combine the exclusive size and the regular size, things may not be so bleak. The exclusives through SS are getting to be more and more necessary for characters these days, and given the price, I can't see a lot of people ordering both regular and exclusive.

Back