Newbie Attempt at Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for a phased release so people can buy them all without them getting bought up while people are buying everything else at the same time. HT really forces you to buy all at once. Yeeesh.

e807c847fa638018f132f876a52d182e.jpg

I made this a few months ago but just to let you know your work inspired me to make my own.

It was hard to find exact parts here in Europe but I think it works.

Thanks for being my inspiration.

e807c847fa638018f132f876a52d182e.jpg

I made this a few months ago but just to let you know your work inspired me to make my own.

Awesome, mate!

Looks like you wired it up to light it up! :) Well done.

It's a lot of work, eh? Thanks for posting your finished work...

Awesome, mate!

Looks like you wired it up to light it up! :) Well done.

It's a lot of work, eh? Thanks for posting your finished work...
Thanks alot. Its quite a fun build and it's not too bad once you find all the parts. I think I have a drawer in my work room just full of plumbing parts that I didn't use. Oops!
I bought the led lighting kit on ebay from a company that make lights for RC cars and planes. It's a really cool piece.

This looks great!

Thanks alot. Its quite a fun build and it's not too bad once you find all the parts. I think I have a drawer in my work room just full of plumbing parts that I didn't use. Oops!
I bought the led lighting kit on ebay from a company that make lights for RC cars and planes. It's a really cool piece.

Haha! Yep, I ended up with tons of parts I opted not to use or replace with better ideas later as well. Part of the process, which is some of the funnest parts of the project.

Congrats! Looks great. I had one of my lights start to go bad and I haven't opted to take it apart and fix it yet. I still need to do that and see what I can do, but i'm nervous to take it apart.

I updated my figures with the Louis gun, as it's too true scale at 1/6. It required some customization and I'm still not done yet, but it's much more accurate to the gun in the film than the smaller SS version or the totally inaccurate HT version.

Older version

Great work, is that a Dragon or other original? What have you used for the ribs? Wire?

Thanks, brother. Yep, that's the "Robert Davies - BEF Lewis Machine Gun - 1/6 Scale - Dragon Action Figures" version.

I had to cut the bi-pod off and the handle on the top. I need to make a cover for where the handle used to be and I used rubber o-rings for the coils. I need four more, the hardware store was out of that size.

Good stuff Will. If I was getting this guy, I'd go for these upgrades too. Subtle, but when you see the improvements, the stock weapon would just be unacceptable. Excellent work as usual.

Thanks, guys. It's a pricey upgrade, but it's so worth it if you're trying to go for screen/prop accuracy. It just bugged me to see the straight and small HT light repeating blaster vs the correct scale and shape.

Back