New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wha?... this Tomb Raider is wishing it was Uncharted. :lol

Nah it's like Uncharted but actually interesting. I couldn't even finish Uncharted 3. I barely felt like I was even playing a game. It's more like an interactive movie...and a generic movie at that.

Just got this game in the mail. I'm a big fan of the PS2 Trilogy, and have held back on playing this game due to all the changes made, I felt they were trying too hard to make the game "gritty". I didn't like the idea of Lara turning into a brutal killer at the flick of a switch and for some reason I don't dig her voice at all.

Hope this negative perception will change once I play the game tomorrow!

Just got this game in the mail. I'm a big fan of the PS2 Trilogy, and have held back on playing this game due to all the changes made, I felt they were trying too hard to make the game "gritty". I didn't like the idea of Lara turning into a brutal killer at the flick of a switch and for some reason I don't dig her voice at all.

I've been a fan of Lara and loved this one. She isn't murdering, she's surviving.

I didn't care about any of the deaths of secondary characters in Tomb Raider. Even though none of the important ones died in Uncharted, but if they did, I would've felt more. I still liked TR a lot though.

Last edited:

Most likely not since it's an outsourced Uncharted spin-off that takes it self WAY to seriously while being completely retarded.

She isn't murdering, she's surviving.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4F9Sl8WZVo[/ame]

dang guys, what did you want, her to shoot stun darts.

I guess it's personal preference. I enjoyed the heck out of it and played it till I obtained 100%.

I would like to see more puzzle solving and more in-depth tombs mixed in for the next one though, I agree with that.

Both Uncharted and Tomb Raider are good. What's the problem ?
Do we have to trash one to show we like the other more ?

Its silly to say Tomb Raider is ripping off Uncharted since Uncharted is obviously inspired by the earlier Tomb Raider games ....which were obviously inspired by Indiana Jones .... which was inspired by earlier movies and serials...

Its only really because the the platform adventure genre is fairly limited in choice that they are even compared.

FPS's are all exactly the same thing with different coats of paint and slight variations .... no one looks at Call of Duty 47 and argues, "Oh my God its like Halo 18!"

Last edited:

Its silly to say Tomb Raider is ripping off Uncharted since Uncharted is obviously inspired by the earlier Tomb Raider games ....which were obviously inspired by Indiana Jones .... which was inspired by earlier movies and serials...

Its only really because the the platform adventure genre is fairly limited in choice that they are even compared.

FPS's are all exactly the same thing with different coats of paint and slight variations .... no one looks at Call of Duty 47 and argues, "Oh my God its like Halo 18!"

That post pretty much sums everything up perfectly.

I personally hate comparing the two.

The game definitely gets better once you upgrade your guns and things but the writing, voice acting and story were pretty bad.

I definately enjoyed the Heck out of this game however I thought that many of the other cast members in the game were pointless. Many situations where they just say "Good luck we'll be right here if you need us".
Still this is a wonderful game to get. Graphics are stunning and plenty of replay value.

If anyone has seen Conan O'Brien's "Clueless Gamer" reviews he plays this game as well. Easy to find these videos on YouTube and are f'ing hilarious!:)

Voice acting is good, if not one of the better games for voice acting.

Agreed on the the other characters being pointless, i mean you sorta got a bit of character development through roth but that's it

The things that let it down are how easy it is and the lack of puzzles

To each their own but I really enjoyed this game.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

My take on it is that the game is very, very good.

What's the problem people find on Camilla Luddington's performance? I found it totally believable. Or did you want the voice of Commander Shepardd faking a British accent?

The violence is justified... to a point. It does sell the point that Lara will have to kill these nutheads to survive, but my number one complaint/suggestion for the sequel is that she should not seem to enjoy it, and should have the OPTION of avoiding enemies altogether instead of having to kill evdry single one.

Lastly, no Classic Outfits DLC??? GET REAL, Square Enix!

I just took a break from this game after reaching the part where Lara got the bow rope. Great game so far, my only complaint is that there's nothing in the game or story that we've haven't seen before, but that doesn't take away from it being a great game though. Hope the game gets better from here!

As for the acting, it's okay but nothing spectacular. I really prefer Keeley Hawes (Lara from Legend, Anniversary, Underworld) over Camilla Luddington. Not that Luddington is bad by actress any means, it's just that the old Lara had a much better voice.

Back