New Thundercats Toys from Bandai!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what we are gonna get are cheap, action feature laden garbage instead of a line that is as awesome as MOTUC. No thanks. I'll wait.

Totally excited for ThunderCats figures but I think Bandai is a big mistake. Look at the figures they've made so far: Kamen Riders, Power Rangers, Ben 10 etc. All very non-collector friendly, very little detail, and SMALL 3 inches maybe? Bandai America caters to kids. So if they get their hands on ThunderCats they better expand their market to us collectors too. If not I'll be very upset.

If they got the liscence for the new show then I'd say it doesn't look too good for the collectors BUT if they in part got the liscence because of the success the MOTU classics is having than we might be surprised and get some collector focused stuff. If they do go the collector route with a lest some line or sub line it'll be intresting to see how it does at retail. I'm sure Mattel will be watching it very closely and if it's successful they might start wondering about how to put MOTU back at retail.

They better not have like 20 kagillion points of articulation. Well I guess time will tell and i'll reserve judgment til we see the pics...

They better not have like 20 kagillion points of articulation. Well I guess time will tell and i'll reserve judgment til we see the pics...

I can't want to get my "Battle armor Lion-O with Thundera Pulse Cannon & Grappling Hook" :gah: :lol

-Robb

Bandai, Really? Oh man, the figures are going to be lame! Please tell me they still have time to change their mind?

I hate both of you ;)

Back in the 80's, my older cousin had two TC carrying cases full of the figures, all complete. And since he was already in his early teens at the time, they weren't played with. One day, he came home to find his mom had given them all away to some of the monster kids in his complex.

I was upset as he was....I secretly planned on inheriting those.

Pass--I gots the originals.

Not gonna pass just yet, I will wait and see. I am only missing a few figures. :(

Me too, which LJN would have made more.

Me too.

I hate both of you ;)

Back in the 80's, my older cousin had two TC carrying cases full of the figures, all complete. And since he was already in his early teens at the time, they weren't played with. One day, he came home to find his mom had given them all away to some of the monster kids in his complex.

I was upset as he was....I secretly planned on inheriting those.

:wave

I looked forever for the Mad Bubble before I learned it was never made, as well as Snow Meow, the Feliner and Tower of Omens.

Cool! Will watch series and pick up a few of these toys. Love seeing these cartoons from my childhood coming back. :rock

If they got the liscence for the new show then I'd say it doesn't look too good for the collectors BUT if they in part got the liscence because of the success the MOTU classics is having than we might be surprised and get some collector focused stuff. If they do go the collector route with a lest some line or sub line it'll be intresting to see how it does at retail. I'm sure Mattel will be watching it very closely and if it's successful they might start wondering about how to put MOTU back at retail.

I highly doubt Bandai, out of all the possible companies got the licgnse due to the success of the MOTU line. Bandai has always catered to kids, and valued quantity over quality. They look more so how many different figures they could sell and rack up as much money as possible without giving much.

I dont know many people here were / are Power Rangers fans but they had the perfect opportunity to cater to collecters with their "new" Power Rangers series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. What did they do? They released the ugliest 3 inch figures possible. That is no where near collectors friendly. I hope they change their minds and give the license to a better fit company.

I need Berkers too--and Stinger and Driller (which I don't really count).

Why not? They were released in the US, I have them. :monkey1

thedriller.jpg

stinger.jpg

Last edited:
Back