New Star Wars Packaging for 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys are referring to the Maul in the upper RH corner, it's there to stay.

https://starwars.com/vault/collecting/2012_star_wars_line_look/index.html

Will there be a variation of this used for The Clone Wars packaging?

Cheregotis: "There will not be a variant for Clone Wars packaging. We always try to keep one brand look for all segments of the property, and in this case, the use of Maul is especially fitting given the introduction of Savage Opress in The Clone Wars and his quest to find Maul."

The Maul on the card art for the "Vintage" figure.

Man... glad Sideshow doesn't have to use that :lol I'd have to toss the boxes on general principle.

I do still prefer the orginal design Sideshow had, but I'm now so used to the 2007 style that I've made peace with it :lol

:exactly::lol I miss the old style.

Oh, and that Maul looks like he has something stuck in his teeth and he is in desperate need of a toothpick :horror

The Maul on the card art for the "Vintage" figure.

If you're talking about this...

TVC2012.jpg

It's a mockup that Dan Curto did. Not official in any capacity.

:lol

Thankfully, I doubt this pertains to Sideshow... though for whatever reason they're still using the boooooooorrring 2007 packaging instead of the far superior one they had in 2005-2006.

No doubt. Time for a change. Something not as boring and reliant on more colours... And ferkisakes no more high gloss finishes! Shooting these packages is a pain.

Chaps, I really need to clear $h!t out of my attic. Its really quite ridiculously full, all I can do is open the door and pop my head up these days.

Is there any point at all in keeping packaging from low end Star Wars toys, indeed low end anything? I've already got most of it compacted and flattened but even that is taking up huge amounts of space because I've got so much. Other than nostalgia theres no practical use I have for any of this stuff but what if I'm ever selling? Would people want flattened boxes?

Back