NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I'll wait for xm I learned my lesson with the p2 if its not close to what u want, don't get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

if your referring to the P2 maquette....it's far from amazing, a good attempt with lots of issues for sure. I sold mine not too long after I had it and I'm a huge Pred nerd. If I had the money to do a complete customization on it like that bad ass one the guy from Europe did, different conversation.....

Do you have a link to this? I'd like to take a look.

I will wait for XM, and then one flaw and its i'll wait for chronicles and then if they mess up, i will wait for the next new company......forget that buy them Alllllllllllll lol just kidding around dont get mad.

Do you have a link to this? I'd like to take a look.

go in the P2 thread, it's the one Bucephallos repainted completely. He also made a custom open mouth sculpt for that piece. Incredible piece I would buy if one of those people decide to sell.

For the price this looks very average. That unmasked head is off and the whole thing looks awkward. If this was a Hot Toys product the thread self-destruct button would have been pressed a long time ago.

go in the P2 thread, it's the one Bucephallos repainted completely. He also made a custom open mouth sculpt for that piece. Incredible piece I would buy if one of those people decide to sell.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

For the price this looks very average. That unmasked head is off and the whole thing looks awkward. If this was a Hot Toys product the thread self-destruct button would have been pressed a long time ago.
No doubt. HT would not allow this to happen. It's a shame really. It was 2011-2012 when they announced they would be doing Preds in 1/4 and still nothing.

HT dropped the ball for sure on not doing a 1/4 Pred by now. Easy $$$ to be made if they do them right. The unmasked head sculpt on this looks a lot like the closed mouth 1/6 HT from the front. They should have commissioned Scott Marshall to sculpt the closed mouth head, his 1:1 is the most accurate sculpt I've seen. I'd still buy this though if they fixed what I wanted lol.

is the issue with the thigh armor that it's in the front of the legs instead of on the side by the hip like in the movies? is that what everyone is talking about?

azurepred, i can already predict what you are doing - you going to post 100 posts criticizing it, then 100 more to convince yourself to get it, only to not like it after receiving the statue and sell it. So save some trouble, and just not get it :D

HT dropped the ball for sure on not doing a 1/4 Pred by now. Easy $$$ to be made if they do them right. The unmasked head sculpt on this looks a lot like the closed mouth 1/6 HT from the front. They should have commissioned Scott Marshall to sculpt the closed mouth head, his 1:1 is the most accurate sculpt I've seen. I'd still buy this though if they fixed what I wanted lol.

I'm not sure I've seen that. Link?

8-2-20105-39-00AM_zpsbdcc4a8f.jpg

predator-jungle-hunter-maquette-300158-09.jpg

It's not perfect, the quills are a little thick, he's obviously not glossy and shiny, but I think the head is pretty darn good.

is the issue with the thigh armor that it's in the front of the legs instead of on the side by the hip like in the movies? is that what everyone is talking about? . . .

Yep - that's it. Could have been worse though - could have turned it into a jockstrap :)

. . . True lols are the funniest. :lol

Yarp - although you & I are doubtless grateful for the "UK sarcasm" genes we were born with too :)

is the issue with the thigh armor that it's in the front of the legs instead of on the side by the hip like in the movies? is that what everyone is talking about?

azurepred, i can already predict what you are doing - you going to post 100 posts criticizing it, then 100 more to convince yourself to get it, only to not like it after receiving the statue and sell it. So save some trouble, and just not get it :D

too many other items at the top of my wish list right now, and I want to actually have Dunaway do some even more awesome stuff to my SWS version in the future as well. It's not the same as the P2 situation was for me cause there are no other good P2 maquettes out there.

I'm not sure I've seen that. Link?

look up Scott Marshall on facebook

It's not perfect, the quills are a little thick, he's obviously not glossy and shiny, but I think the head is pretty darn good.

You're right - it's not bad by any stretch - a little "long in the face" maybe? (like a Victor Meldrew version).

I don't think it's that that's bugging me though - I guess I was HOPING for something similar to the "raised eyebrow + 1 lifted mandible" look that the P1 LSB has.

I'd PROBABLY still have gone for it if that thigh armour was fixed.

Back