NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my latest custom work
the bloody skull 1/4 scale fits nice to the predator .
if you be interested in such a skull let me know . 48424686_2046434035646669_4575316729286098944_n.jpg

Breaking news from Prime1:

You can all put your toothpicks, Dremels and thigh armor moving projects away.

*The market is about to be flooded with these.

Without running through every page of this thread, can someone please tell me the scale of this maquette?

Without running through every page of this thread, can someone please tell me the scale of this maquette?

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say it's about a 4.

(Joking aside, I believe it is 1/4 scale)

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say it's about a 4.

(Joking aside, I believe it is 1/4 scale)

No but man this statue is pretty bad. Now that I saw the prime one statue. Wow like night and day what a predator should look like and this isn't it. Old ss is awesome. Finally other companies are nailing it.

It just seems so much bigger than the 1:4 scale Dutch though

As always, it is "ish" scale. Although KPH was a big old guy, even more so with the suit on.

Looking back at this bumped thread, it's almost sad given the Prime 1 & Infinity reveals recently. It'll be interesting to see if Sideshow simply give up on Predators, or seriously up their game.

Sideshow needs to just stop. They’re seriously embarrassing themselves at this point.

That.

Although to be fair - if they looked at those previously involved with the the majority of their Predator & Alien line and:

1) Got people involved who care about the characters & franchise.
2) Used better designers.
3) Avoided the dodgy art directors.
4) Used better sculptors.
5) Solicited customer/fan feedback then listened to it and made changes before release.
6) Avoided the arrogant "we know best - and they'll still buy it regardless" attitude.
7) Stopped cheaping out on materials (magnets, vinyl etc.)
8) Used decent production facilities.
9) Figured out how to QC properly.
10) Changed their "customer service" stance (not a big deal if improve 8 & 9).
11) Adjusted the balance between "profit driven" and "quality/product/customer driven".​

. . . we'd end up with something a lot better . . .​

. . . and they'd be called PRIME 1 or Infinity Studios :wink1:

Because_Sideshow_00_meme.jpg

That.

Although to be fair - if they looked at those previously involved with the the majority of their Predator & Alien line and:

1) Got people involved who care about the characters & franchise.
2) Used better designers.
3) Avoided the dodgy art directors.
4) Used better sculptors.
5) Solicited customer/fan feedback then listened to it and made changes before release.
6) Avoided the arrogant "we know best - and they'll still buy it regardless" attitude.
7) Stopped cheaping out on materials (magnets, vinyl etc.)
8) Used decent production facilities.
9) Figured out how to QC properly.
10) Changed their "customer service" stance (not a big deal if improve 8 & 9).
11) Adjusted the balance between "profit driven" and "quality/product/customer driven".​

. . . we'd end up with something a lot better . . .​

. . . and they'd be called PRIME 1 or Infinity Studios :wink1:

Because_Sideshow_00_meme.jpg

ABSOLUTELY agree on all points! I’ve been collecting Sideshow Collectibles since BEFORE they were called Sideshow Collectibles. They used to be “Sideshow Toys”. I’ve watched everything about the business decline from quality to customer service over the years. They have the potential to be an incredible statue making business but they simply don’t care and would rather put out a dodgy product and line their pockets.

Looking at photos of this now with Prime 1's in comparison it's night and day. It looks as if this was released 10-15 years earlier.

I’ve been collecting Sideshow Collectibles since BEFORE they were called Sideshow Collectibles. They used to be “Sideshow Toys”.

Same here mate, that name change should have been the other way around

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back