NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8-2-20105-39-00AM_zpsbdcc4a8f.jpg

predator-jungle-hunter-maquette-300158-09.jpg

It's not perfect, the quills are a little thick, he's obviously not glossy and shiny, but I think the head is pretty darn good.

The masked portrait looks closer to the shape it should be... Unmasked.

The mask on the first one was much better, the weathering is really nice on the bio of this prototype however.

Yarp - although you & I are doubtless grateful for the "UK sarcasm" genes we were born with too :)

Indeed Sir. :duff

Welcome to the better half of the forum :hi5:

(And I agree).

Seriously though, it's hard listening to people try and justify accuracy issues on a $200-$300 doll, never mind on a product in this price scale. The thing should be living & breathing and trying to hunt us for that price.

Crappy little head edit.

ei8gmu.jpg

The nose bridge area was too tall. Same for the cheeks/mandible membranes.

Seriously though, it's hard listening to people try and justify accuracy issues on a $200-$300 doll, never mind on a product in this price scale. The thing should be living & breathing and trying to hunt us for that price.

Which is why I left the majority of 1/6 threads. They nitpick more than anyone in the world. I love getting highly movie accurate stuff as much as the next guy, but the level of details that need to be 100% down to the tiniest of 1/4mm is crazy with them. Plus, the custom guys (I used to be one of them, kind of) spend more money on custom 1/6 suits than I will on this entire gigantic, gorgeous statue.

Great, glad to see it's up. I'm definitely getting this. It would have been nice for them to fix the stupid thigh armor but it looks acceptable when viewed at the intended angle. I don't think it was designed for you to look the Predator straight in the face. At that angle the misaligned thigh armor sticks out like a sore thumb. But if you position the base facing forward, his right foot faces forward with a slight twist in the thigh and his head looks to the right. I think this was the intended display angle and I think it looks amazing.

Head sculpt looks off and will stay in the box. It's P1 bio mask all day for me.

43ffec99c29cfbfc9d757ee6b24c4109.jpg

9657fe10b3aa389d80250a0ebee92ec6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "deal" was the ONLY thing that made me finally change my mind and get the P2.

Have you already ordered this or are you going to wait and hope for a similar discount again?

I am not trying to bring up the past or any argument again here by any means but Ya you guys talked major **** on it and the discount came and all jumped on the band wagon while those of us who pre ordered it a head of time got the shaft and no discount, then talked mad **** on us because we wanted the discount but whatever. At least you admitted that is why you ordered it lol!!

I am not trying to bring up the past or any argument again here by any means but Ya you guys talked major **** on it and the discount came and all jumped on the band wagon while those of us who pre ordered it a head of time got the shaft and no discount, then talked mad **** on us because we wanted the discount but whatever. At least you admitted that is why you ordered it lol!!

I approve this message[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, me getting the discount and you not getting it did make me laugh.

Back