NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,
I have just bought mine HT yesterday from Hong Kong.
In opinion the headsculpt of HT is better, but for me the eyes are a little bit strange.
I didn't like the nose of EB version too.
If I regret, I am thinking in buying the EB too.

I haven't ordered yet and was convinced on getting the Enterbay one but I think I will get this one. I still think its close, the Enterbay one does look very good and the skin looks better than Hot Toys' but overall (for now) I think I will get this one.

Well, I'm about fifteen minutes or so into Part 1, and I'm already thinking Hot Toys may actually have the more accurate sculpt. Brando's face is surprisingly thiner than that middle pic makes him look, and his nose isn't nearly as thick as Enterbay's.

GF001.jpg

:D

When you see the HT Godfather under natural lighting, it looks incredibly life like. It's stunning and somewhat freaky. All these comparisons between the EB and the HT one are practically useless, as regardless of which one you choose, you Will end up with pure awesomeness. Simple as that.

Just got my HT Godfather, and my god it is an amazing figure!
The packaging, the extras and the figure itself are wonderful.

I do agree that don Vito has a bit of a tan, but that's about it. The tux needs a bit of futzing, but I'll do that at home with more time.

Beautiful figure.

Just got my HT Godfather, and my god it is an amazing figure!
The packaging, the extras and the figure itself are wonderful.

I do agree that don Vito has a bit of a tan, but that's about it. The tux needs a bit of futzing, but I'll do that at home with more time.

Beautiful figure.

Yeah I can't get the front of my collar and the bow tie to lay down right.

I'll probably just resort to water.

I do agree that don Vito has a bit of a tan, but that's about it.
Beautiful figure.

I think it's just a reflection of the available lighting, considering that the face plastic is of a translucent nature. In natural outdoor lighting, it's looks perfect IMHO:
DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0230-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm about fifteen minutes or so into Part 1, and I'm already thinking Hot Toys may actually have the more accurate sculpt. Brando's face is surprisingly thiner than that middle pic makes him look, and his nose isn't nearly as thick as Enterbay's.

Told ya. ;)

I think it's just a reflection of the available lighting, considering that the face plastic is of a translucent nature. In natural outdoor lighting, it's looks perfect IMHO:
DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0230-1.jpg

Good point!
The lights in my office are kinda yellow-ish.
No matter, amazing figure.

Well the Don has made it Down Under and, with a couple of exceptions, I'm suitably impressed. Like everyone else I'm very impressed by the packaging - despite multiple photos I still wasn't quite prepared for how big it is, and how many layers it has. The sculpt on everything (bar the cat) is awesome, and the tailoring on almost perfect.

My two complaints might be just specific to my figure, especially since I don't see it in other pictures - the snap on the shirt at the neck is very noticeable, and mine has a small paint rub on his chin. It's not that noticeable, and from some angles it disappears completely - definitely not bad enough to warrant sending it all the way back to the US for replacement, but it's there and large enough that, along with the snap, it prevents this from being a 100% perfect figure.

Hmmm, never noticed the snap being an issue on my figure... I'll have check that out. Paint rubs do happen though, luckily none on mine.

Got the Don the other day and I'm blown away. He's everything I hoped for. The likeness for me is spot on. His tux is great but needs a little work right out of the box. The chair and the environment really help create that 'Godfather' mood and further enhance the accuracy of the figure. Hot Toys nailed it.

So I bought this. Not Enterbay like I was thinking I would. I opened it and now can honestly say without being accused of stirring up crap because i bought and am looking the darn thing that I don't like it at all...

The head looks weird, the wrinkles not lifelike and the whole thing looks almost half painted. I hate this soft washed out look for heads they've been doing since Harvey Dent. It looks just horrible. The head is too small too.

The suit folds weird, the shirt underneath is very thin and plasticy and holds wrinkles way too well so it looks horrible without the jacket.

The damn KNEES AND ANKLES ARE SOOOO LOOSE. He can't even stand up.

The cat will not stay on his lap to save my life i can't get it to stay...

Should have got Enterbay... damn hastiness. live and learn.

Again, it's unfortunate that you don't enjoy the HT Don, but a lot of what you've said is opposite of what's been said of this figure in most of this thread and all the reviews I've read online (including the 3 on MWCtoy.com). Shame about the loose joints though, you must have gotten a bum unit.

Back