NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy fix. The shirt should be pulled up a bit higher, judging by how the collar sits with the bowtie.

godfather6.jpg

Wow, yeah, I gotta say, I think Enterbay did the more accurate sculpt on this, based on that pic at least.

Maybe there are some shots of Brando looking a little thinner in the face though?

EBHTGF.jpg

Shown this pic to 9 work mates, all unbiased, and often call me for collecting dolls!!
Anyway all except one said they think Enterbay Godfather is more like Brando!!!
There's a lot of Hot Toys biased collectors on here that will argue that HT is best.
HT are the McDonalds of the figure world and although they've made some awesome figures, it doesn't make everyone a masterpiece.
There's no denying that when you see a picture of a figure and it looks good, in hand it's always better, so, although the HT Godfather is great the Enterbay Godfather is gonna rock!!

Thanks for the double post :rolleyes: Just in case we missed it in the EB thread. The funny thing is, you've never seen either one in person ................... kind of "biased" don't you think?

I may be wrong, so feel free to correct me. But the HT image seems very clear and sharp, whereas the EB is a bit less sharp. Which honestly adds to it looking more like the image it's being compared to.

Just seems to me until we have 2 together photographed by the same person under the same conditions it will be hard to make a solid judgment.

Just got mine today here in the UK, I think it's by far the best sculpt Hot Toys have done that I've seen!!

dsc00192k.jpg

dsc00202c.jpg

dsc00204f.jpg

dsc00199zrw.jpg

Even the Don himself let's one go now and again :rotfl

dsc00205fhy.jpg

Thanks for the double post :rolleyes: Just in case we missed it in the EB thread. The funny thing is, you've never seen either one in person ................... kind of "biased" don't you think?

Double post..Hee Hee,: Rollsofchair:

1. Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective. In other words, bias is generally seen as 'one-sided'.

2. i said 'HT Godfather is great', i have it, i like it!!

3. I said 'it doesn't make everyone a masterpiece.'

4. Can't be arsed with an argument.

Double post..Hee Hee,: Rollsofchair:

1. Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective. In other words, bias is generally seen as 'one-sided'.

2. i said 'HT Godfather is great', i have it, i like it!!

3. I said 'it doesn't make everyone a masterpiece.'

4. Can't be arsed with an argument.

Enjoy your figures :D For the record I think the EB version is also very well made.

All these opinions based off 1 capture supposedly from the movie, intentionally used because it's the closest match to the EB version. <sheesh> :rolleyes:

Watch the whole movie (as I have literally 2 dozen times over several years), become intimately familiar with it, and you'll realize the the HT version is MUCH better. I wish I still had the DVD (I dumped it when I got the blu ray) so I could do several screen caps myself.

Last edited:
All these opinions based off 1 capture supposedly from the movie, intentionally used because it's the closest match to the EB version. <sheesh> :rolleyes

Watch the whole movie (as I have literally 2 dozen times over several years), become intimately familiar with it, and you'll realize the the HT version is MUCH better. I wish I still had the DVD (I dumped it when I got the blu ray) so I could do several screen caps myself.

This is my opinion on the matter as well but there is really no point "proving" anything. You're not gonna convince squat on this site and if you do prefer the HT's one you are immediately a biased collector to HT's.

Well yeah, because unless you have them both in hand, peoples opinions aren't worth zip. Saying one is better, at this point, is complete bias.

Those saying Hot Toys is better are biased. Those saying Enterbays is better are playing with themselves. How can you know? Lens distortion, lighting, photoshop manipulation etc etc etc. Enterbay haven't even released theirs yet, but having an intimate knowledge of the film makes someone an expert. Is this a joke? :lol I don't get it. :confused:

Well yeah, because unless you have them both in hand, peoples opinions aren't worth zip. Saying one is better, at this point, is complete bias.

Those saying Hot Toys is better are biased. Those saying Enterbays is better are playing with themselves. How can you know? Lens distortion, lighting, photoshop manipulation etc etc etc. Enterbay haven't even released theirs yet, but having an intimate knowledge of the film makes someone an expert. Is this a joke? :lol I don't get it. :confused:

I suppose but it seems that if you are a fan of HT's or better yet choose HT's over the competition you are an automatic "fanboy" or "biased" on this site. Not neccesarily coming from you but its a constant insult here.

I was just both overly impressed and impatient to wait for EB :D

All these opinions based off 1 capture supposedly from the movie, intentionally used because it's the closest match to the EB version. <sheesh> :rolleyes

Yeah, definitely agree here. I did plan on watching 1 and 2 this weekend again, before I make up my mind. It IS only one picture...

Good point, but I certainly wouldn't call it "complete bias". The opinions in Enterbay's favour are based on the pic. The pic MAY have been manipulated somewhat, but we don't really have any reason to believe that, do we?

Someone really needs to post some more images of Vito side by side with both sculpts in order to "prove" that the Hot Toys version is more accurate, because so far, all we have is evidence pointing to the contrary.

*Unsubscribed*

Seriously though, this is the 'HT Godfather' thread, not the 'argue about which is better out HT & Enterbay' thread. Now that this figure is out, let's just enjoy some in-hand pics; and for those who are still waiting for the Enterbay one, they can go discuss it in that thread. I'm a bit sick of seeing that there's a new post on here, thinking that there may be some cool new shots of the Don, only to find more rambling posts about what is biased, what is not biased - I know what the word biased means! Now move on!

End communication.

:D

*Unsubscribed*

Seriously though, this is the 'HT Godfather' thread, not the 'argue about which is better out HT & Enterbay' thread. Now that this figure is out, let's just enjoy some in-hand pics; and for those who are still waiting for the Enterbay one, they can go discuss it in that thread. I'm a bit sick of seeing that there's a new post on here, thinking that there may be some cool new shots of the Don, only to find more rambling posts about what is biased, what is not biased - I know what the word biased means! Now move on!

End communication.

:D

It's still a relevant discussion for those who haven't yet made up their mind.

That's just it. Let people make up their mind. I think it would be easier for someone to choose from pics, rather than other people's, apparent "biased", opinions. There's no point to trying to get people to agree with your opinion; you have yours, & they have theirs.
I noticed the great new pics from Spike have been lost among all this "discussion", with only one comment on them, Snake's.

May I just say, thanks for the pics Spike, & let's see some more, people!

Discussion is one thing, and yes discussion is good and healthy, but at the end of the day too many people have an agenda.
As most sane people have said, these are two outstanding, dare I say AMAZING figures, both companies have thrown a lot of work at this project and it shows. People will have favourites, I can see strong points in both but won't pass coment till/if I get both in hand.
To slag one off over the other is to do great diservice to the artists involved!

Discussion is one thing, and yes discussion is good and healthy, but at the end of the day too many people have an agenda.
As most sane people have said, these are two outstanding, dare I say AMAZING figures, both companies have thrown a lot of work at this project and it shows. People will have favourites, I can see strong points in both but won't pass coment till/if I get both in hand.
To slag one off over the other is to do great diservice to the artists involved!

That's just it. Let people make up their mind. I think it would be easier for someone to choose from pics, rather than other people's, apparent "biased", opinions. There's no point to trying to get people to agree with your opinion; you have yours, & they have theirs.
I noticed the great new pics from Spike have been lost among all this "discussion", with only one comment on them, Snake's.

May I just say, thanks for the pics Spike, & let's see some more, people!

Yeah, I hear ya both. I just want to see more stills from the movie before I make up my mind.

Intially I was all for the HT version, but then I saw the pic yesterday (I think it was yesterday?) and thought the Enterbay version looked more accurate. Then I started thinking maybe I should watch the movies again, and now I'm thinking Enterbay may have made the face (and especially the nose) TOO beefy... So basically I'm still undecided.

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread on the subject, filled with some side by side shots with both figures and multiple scenes from the movie? I'm sure a lot of others are in the same position I am, and certainly don't want to buy both.

Back