New Medicom Daft Punk TRON Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Thomas being that skinny is one thing, since he pretty much is. But Guy-Man, even though he has slimmed down a little bit, is still short and a bit round.

I have no real problem with the figures being made the same height, despite the drastic height difference between the two, because in press shots they try to give the appearance of being similar heights.

But the fact that it looks like all they did was switch heads, when they're so different in real life, only amplifies the cheapness.

Mr. Nutritionist: "Who is thinner?"

IMGP5480a.JPG

I know these have gotten a lot of hate, but I kinda love them.
Sorry for iphone pics, although the light shows the reflective strips off well.

phtoto.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Pics are fantastic, the figures are ____. I wouldn't get them at half the price. Hopefully another company takes a crack at Daft Punk in general since I doubt we'll get them in TRON form from anywhere else.

I think they look pretty cool but no way would I pay the $$$ Medi are asking for them right now though but at the right price I'll definitely bite.

Half price I might bite. At this price they should come with an entire 1/6 DJ turn table set up and Zeus' club from the TRON film :lol

I know these have gotten a lot of hate, but I kinda love them.
Sorry for iphone pics, although the light shows the reflective strips off well.

photo-5.jpg

Congrats on your score Rory, I'm digging the outfits. They look kinda cool but for their need of a good feed. Have you considered some padding under the jacket? I got a Kamen Rider a while back and it looked anorexic. I got some cotton wool and stuffed it under the jacket and it looked much better. He's still a shortass, but he looks more robust :)

Yeah, I might just try that Lejuan. I agree the figures have issues, but to be honest I love the Tron Daft Punk score and Daft Punk so I couldn't resist these, I'm one of those suckers who will pay far too much for something if they really want it. 1/6 money blindness, I guess.

As for the figures themselves, I have to say, they look very cool inhand, the costumes are very complex, yeah they are perhaps a little thin in places, I will try futzing them some and see what needs fixing.

They are going to up and up in price I reckon. I agree they are overpriced, the figures themselves are great in-hand. They are worth picking up if you are a fan.

I am a huge fan, but logistically I can't pull the trigger. Medicom is not all that and a bag of chips. If there was ever a recast of these I'd bite. And no I don't like recasters.

Back