New Medicom Daft Punk TRON Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an equation somewhere.
I call it "The how much you really want something" equation.
In it, value is not proportional to cost.

As in " &€@$ it, I want that so bad, I don't care if its worth it"

:)

@Kuzeh
Man your really making me want these. They look great on the Slim to, so much fuller. Great pictures to :clap:

Thanks dude!!
I found a good deal, and couldn't pass it!
They look awesome, despite the body and lack of accessories... :hi5:

There is an equation somewhere.
I call it "The how much you really want something" equation.
In it, value is not proportional to cost.

As in " &€@$ it, I want that so bad, I don't care if its worth it"

:)

:lecture:lecture:lecture

OK,
so... a little update, obviously I was a bit bummed that these guys don't come with any accessories, so I've been looking for cool stuff out there to add to them.
I ordered a couple of ID discs from the white Flynn outfit, that I'll attach to their backs eventually. But for now, I found this awesome turntables, added the table and a couple of speakers I had. I'll add a couple of mixers and a couple of consoles soon, but wanted to share these pics with you guys!

:rock!

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

Sorry for the bump, but can anyone tell me where these 1/6 dj turntables are sold? I can't find them anywhere on the internetz! :gah:

I will be eternally grateful for anyone who can help :monkey3

Last edited:
this figures looks great, a little on the skinny side
anyhow, I think the movie should have been called:
Daft Punk Presents:
Tron

this figures looks great, a little on the skinny side
anyhow, I think the movie should have been called:
Daft Punk Presents:
Tron

I like that :rock

I agree the figs are a little skinny, but the price finally hit the floor on them so I caved in.

Last edited:
it took me FIVE freakin hours but I found those dj turntables :lol :monkey1 :yess:

Awesome Yankee, congrats! :hi5: I saw your post in the customs section and wondered whether you'd have any luck. These guys look naked without their decks :lol

Re: the medicom skinny syndrome I was really disappointed in the lack of bulk of one of my Kamen Riders. He was a real skinny runt - but I got some cotton swabs and stuffed his jacket with them (an oldie but a goodie). He was still a short-ass, but he at least looked like he'd been fed, I was pretty happy with the result. Might be worth a shot with those who'd like to see a bit more beef on their Daft Punk figures?

Awesome Yankee, congrats! :hi5: I saw your post in the customs section and wondered whether you'd have any luck. These guys look naked without their decks :lol

Re: the medicom skinny syndrome I was really disappointed in the lack of bulk of one of my Kamen Riders. He was a real skinny runt - but I got some cotton swabs and stuffed his jacket with them (an oldie but a goodie). He was still a short-ass, but he at least looked like he'd been fed, I was pretty happy with the result. Might be worth a shot with those who'd like to see a bit more beef on their Daft Punk figures?
Thanks! That's a good idea LJ. Did you use cotton swabs like Qtips , or stuff the coat with cotton balls? I'm a little confused :lol
Congrats Yankee!
These are really cool inhand. You won't be dissapointed.
Thanks I can't wait Rory! I've seen yours multiple times, they helped me make me decision :hi5:

Just recieved mine, holy cow are they nice! I really like the display stand, too. Lot of options.

These have been further reduced on amiami. They're now US $140 each (AU $130 for me, pretty good...).

Do I want them, it's a tough call. I felt before like I would buy if the price dropped but now that it has I still can't bring myself to buy. To me, the biggest issue is not the slim bodies but the awful tailoring on the jacket. I think the pants look fine but the jacket looks very odd all over, particularly the end of the sleeves and the bottom part, the whole thing hangs like a sandwich board or something. The collar/zipper and shoulders are also distracting.

And looking the whole figure over and asking if I really want them for the price I have to say... no. I think I will forever pass now. For others though, waiting for a lower price, this I guess is maybe the best it'll get.

Thanks! That's a good idea LJ. Did you use cotton swabs like Qtips , or stuff the coat with cotton balls? I'm a little confused :lol

Sorry Yankee, I don't subscribe to threads, so sometimes I don't get back into a couple for a while. But I just used make-up pads, they're sort of discs of cotton wool - because they're flat they sit nice and even between the body and the jacket:

Make-Off-Signature-Cosmetic-Pads.jpg

These have been further reduced on amiami. They're now US $140 each (AU $130 for me, pretty good...).

Do I want them, it's a tough call. I felt before like I would buy if the price dropped but now that it has I still can't bring myself to buy. To me, the biggest issue is not the slim bodies but the awful tailoring on the jacket. I think the pants look fine but the jacket looks very odd all over, particularly the end of the sleeves and the bottom part, the whole thing hangs like a sandwich board or something. The collar/zipper and shoulders are also distracting.

And looking the whole figure over and asking if I really want them for the price I have to say... no. I think I will forever pass now. For others though, waiting for a lower price, this I guess is maybe the best it'll get.

I enjoy reading your purchasing angst Grosby :lol Did you end up picking up that raygun guy from a while back?

Sorry Yankee, I don't subscribe to threads, so sometimes I don't get back into a couple for a while. But I just used make-up pads, they're sort of discs of cotton wool - because they're flat they sit nice and even between the body and the jacket:

Thanks for the reply & great idea LJ :rock

These guys arrive tomorrow I can't wait :panic:

I enjoy reading your purchasing angst Grosby :lol Did you end up picking up that raygun guy from a while back?

Heh, yeah, I did - I ended up just ignoring my doubts and buying. I'm actually happy with it, right after I paid I found myself at peace with the figure and when it arrived I was still happy...

It arrived about three weeks ago now. I've been meaning to take photos and say something about it but I've been lazy. Maybe this weekend.

Oh, that's pretty tempting... Beer consumption makes me say yes right now, but, will wait until tomorrow for a better grasp on the situation.

Back