New Medicom Daft Punk TRON Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I guess Medicom never learns. They have the best licenses, but release the worst quality products and for the highest price on average. As much as I love their Jojo's Bizarre Adventure figures, I won't even buy those from them unless a site has them for a huge discount.

It's especially true for these two figures. The only unique qualities they needed to do was make them glow and instead we got anorexic guys in white jumpsuits for 200 each. Nice one Medicom.

I have to agree with all of this. Having Daft Punk figures has always been tops on my wishlist. You finally get a crack and instantly get turned off when you discover Medicom is involved. It's too true though, lower quality product, skinny wiener bodies and ridiculous prices.

Man I guess Medicom never learns. They have the best licenses, but release the worst quality products and for the highest price on average. As much as I love their Jojo's Bizarre Adventure figures, I won't even buy those from them unless a site has them for a huge discount.

It's especially true for these two figures. The only unique qualities they needed to do was make them glow and instead we got anorexic guys in white jumpsuits for 200 each. Nice one Medicom.

ditto Kamen Riders :(

I felt the same when I saw these Daft Punk figures ("hey, cool looking figures..oh...the price....oh.....medicom....meh")

Yeah it's the same with Kamen Riders. I would love to snag a Kamen Rider Black 1/6 (I think Medicom has this don't they?), but I'm not willing to throw down two hundred for it especially considering that Medicom stands are so terrible and I probably wouldn't be able to pull off any dynamic poses with it.

Speaking of which, can you even pull off the Rider Kick pose using the Medicom stands? Those things are awful, but if you're creative you can do some cool things. For example, I know people can pull off Chun Li's spinning bird kick pose using a stand and I am able to get Piccolo meditated in midair using the stand lol. No stand will allow Dio Brando to actually stand though. I have to have him leaning on the glass case just to keep from falling...the poor thing.

Really ? don't see a prob for that...

789c610001698660b73347134da12.jpg

I have to agree with all of this. Having Daft Punk figures has always been tops on my wishlist. You finally get a crack and instantly get turned off when you discover Medicom is involved. It's too true though, lower quality product, skinny wiener bodies and ridiculous prices.

It does make you wonder how Medicom make there prices up, someone out there must be buying them. Do you think they know Hot Toys exist, a company that produces figures vastly superior to there own for ALOT cheaper :panic:

Yeah, I went from being on the fence to just not being willing to pay that price for that quality.

I would pay that much money, but for a much better product. The least they could have done was padded Guy-Man's gut to make it a bit more accurate.

It does make you wonder how Medicom make there prices up, someone out there must be buying them. Do you think they know Hot Toys exist, a company that produces figures vastly superior to there own for ALOT cheaper :panic:

From what i've heard the East Asian market is their majority support. They do have many fans.

Yeah, I went from being on the fence to just not being willing to pay that price for that quality.

I would pay that much money, but for a much better product. The least they could have done was padded Guy-Man's gut to make it a bit more accurate.

Well i've been down this road before. Medicom and HT's figures don't look well together. Proportions are off both in terms of height and width so its a double whammy. The high price is the icing on the gross cake imo.

Dear Medicom: you realised that when folks can't even discuss a line/figure of yours without mentioning your fragile, breakage-prone bodies and horrendous prices that you have a problem.

Please fix.

I think they are able to get away with it because of two things:

1) They have most of the cool anime licenses and also a few exclusive ones like Star Wars and Harry Potter, all of which have their dedicated fans, especially anime. With anime, you don't really have figures like this otherwise. I'd say 80% of noteworthy anime figures (Megahouse/Alter/Kotobukiya, etc..) are 1/8 PVC or 1/12 figurines (like Revoltech/Figma/Robot Damashii/Figuarts)

2) They are a Japanese company. I imagine most of the Medicom fans are from Japan or are into Japanese stuff. This kind of bleeds in with the previous thing as well. In Japan, figures can be pretty dang expensive and Medicom has released figures of a lot of major series like Kaiji, Ghost in the Shell, Space Adventure Cobra, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Kamen Rider, etc.. Until Hot Toys releases more anime licenses like with their Golgo and 20th Century Boys, Medicom basically enjoys a monopoly of the industry, even though you'd think Hot Toys and Enterbay would be their competition.

All the anime fans buy from Medicom. It's pretty simple when you think about it. I personally have been hoping for Hot Toys to release more anime figures since their 20th Century Boys and Golgo and Appleseed more than prove that they can do anime at a higher quality than Medicom for roughly the same price or less.

And Medicom has been in the business far longer than I think any other major 1/6 scale company. They've been releasing super hero and anime figures or years now including even the likes of Getter Robo and Mazinger I think over a decade ago. That means they have built a strong fanbase over the years and a lot of them trust Medicom. Hot Toys and Enterbay are more hit and miss in comparison. Hot Toys has only recently really became the big juggernaut and now it is gaining our trust to a large extent whereas Enterbay is starting to impress more people with its non Bruce Lee figures.

I think we are in a transitioning period in other words. Hopefully, Medicom will become the loser soon and actually up to improve their products at the very least. I'm tired of paying top dollar when they barely even include decent accessories with their figures. Hell, most of them don't come with anything except for maybe a single accessory. :mad:

Dear Medicom: you realised that when folks can't even discuss a line/figure of yours without mentioning your fragile, breakage-prone bodies and horrendous prices that you have a problem.

Please fix.

Sorry for the double post, but this is so true :rotfl

Even with some Enterbay figures, usually people start to talk about the quality control problems much closer to release and they usually just talk about how awesome the sculpt is until then. With these Medicom releases though, we can barely even talk about the figure. It usually goes straight to the rants. :lol

I think frame by frame, the best 10 seconds of the movie.
They gave a deep and rich performance through their robot masks.

..And I'm afraid I really want these figures!
:(

Back