NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, Agen. :clap

How did you get his grenades to fit on like that?

Easy trick, pull grenade pin off.
img9536h.jpg

Mine shipped from BBTS and should be here Thursday. He looks great in the pictures, so I already know in advance I won't be modding him. Never was into that kinda stuff. I think he looks great as is, so I can only imagine how I will feel once in hand.

I wonder if the people who mod this figure and decide to sell it down the road will indicate to the buyer that it was modded? It would be a shame if this becomes a figure sorta like the Hot Toys Leon S. Kennedy that went through the roof in value over time and people did all these custom jobs to them. I am not saying that good jobs were not done, but I would not buy a modded figure from anyone if I could pick up one that wasn't altered.

I wonder if the people who mod this figure and decide to sell it down the road will indicate to the buyer that it was modded? It would be a shame if this becomes a figure sorta like the Hot Toys Leon S. Kennedy that went through the roof in value over time and people did all these custom jobs to them. I am not saying that good jobs were not done, but I would not buy a modded figure from anyone if I could pick up one that wasn't altered.

I'm sure the majority of owners left their Dutch unmodded. And if you're unsure, you should always ask first.

The neck is becoming a non-issue for a lot of people who get it in-hand, people who spent a lot of time on here complaining about it, I almost include myself in that - I could actually live without the mod but I will do it because apparently anyone can do it. Its an easy custom.

Can some explain the mod again, I know it's been stated but I can't find it so many pages back?

edit: never mind I just seen the cutting on the head up above once I read further in the thread.

Is this the way everyone is modding their necks, with the cutting of the excess underneath the head?

Can some explain the mod again, I know it's been stated but I can't find it so many pages back?

edit: never mind I just seen the cutting on the head up above once I read further in the thread.

Is this the way everyone is modding their necks, with the cutting of the excess underneath the head?

It's basically a plug they pop into the heads to attach them to the ball joint. The material the heads are made with is a bit too hard to pop anything into, so they make a hole and then put a soft rubber plug in it to grip the ball joint. The mod is basically taking the soft rubber part out of the head, trimming it down and putting it back in, making the head have to go further down on the neck for the ball joint to get into the plug.

I was thinking the same thing the other day.......I guess if people were to sell him down the line, unmodded will definately get a higher price (I mean, I wouldn't spend RPD Leon prices on a figure that has part of it cut off.....that's just me of course). Also, looking at some of the completed mods, some of them look as though the head opening is sitting directly on the neck.......wouldn't this rub and cause damage to the rubber skin? :confused:

A lot of people are paying it. It really depends how big a fan you are of Predator and Arnie. I had to have this figure despite it not living up to everything I hoped it would - what with the neck issue, colours not being completely accurate, shirt not being the best fit to the body..and thats it. Everything else is great.

im tryin to decide - can you guys help me out -

Should I get the Exclusive version with the headset??
Or save $20 and get the regular version??

Couple of questions folks. First is slightly off topic :duh , what sort of mods were people doing to the 'Leon Kennedy' figure? Secondly, where and how bad are the stains on your 'Dutch' Alice and what caused them?

Its just you. Read back a few pages and you will find no-one else thinks this.

Only joking, it is a bit long but for some its a non-issue especially if you arent planning on posing him sans shirt and just in his vest. I was very happy when I received my Dutch but I did end up doing the neck mod cos its so quick n easy.

Back