New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the vintage collectibles thread but it might be better suited for this one. I have a real ghostbusters firehouse mint with ecto one that i might wanna sell. I have had it since i was a kid but its kinda starting to take up room now. If anyone is interested please let me know. Im not looking to give it away, it has a bunch of sentimental value. So if your interested and would like to work out a price please let me know. Thanks.

Son of a beatch!!
Mattel is canceling the Ecto-1 Sub... :mad::mad::mad:
:gah::gah::gah:

Seriously... maybe if they released more fookin' Ghosts, ughh!!!!

Update on Ghostbusters™ Subscription & 2012 News
September 19, 2011

Ghostbusters™ Fans,

You know how much love the Matty team has for Ghostbusters, and although we were ready to support a subscription in 2012, sales were lower than we expected. We regret to announce that we have to cancel the 2012 Club Ecto-1 subscription. All 2012 orders will be promptly refunded. If you purchased a 2012 subscription, you should see the refund in your account within 5-7 business days of your refund being processed, depending on your bank. All 2011 subscriptions will continue to ship as scheduled.

Like you, we're disappointed that the subscription will be going away for 2012, but to show our appreciation for you fans who stepped up and bought a 2012 subscription, we're working on a "thank you" just for you. Stay tuned as we'll have something special coming for you in appreciation for your support.

Please know that the Ghostbusters line isn't over! To do right by all Ghostbusters fans, we're still moving forward with the previously announced figures for 2012 (Ready to Believe You Peter with Taxi Cab Ghost, The Rookie, Dana as Zuul) and a fourth figure in the fall, to be announced. These figures will be available at our regular monthly sales. Like our other lines, costs have risen since the brand was launched and the price of the 6" figures will increase to $22 each.

Now on to brighter news. In celebration of the boo bustin' boys' favorite time of the year, we're going to re-release some of your favorite figures during a special Ghostbusters Halloween sale. The sale will run from 10/17 through 10/31, and it's the perfect time to fill in any missing characters in your collection and stock up on favorites. But wait… yes, there's more! Not only will we have a great selection of characters, the October 17 sale will also bring the long-awaited Ghost Trap prop, plus the return of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

Again, on behalf of the team, thanks for being a loyal fan. Long live the Ghostbusters!

—Matty

LOL...leave it to matty to F up one of the most requested lines of all time

It's Matty, what did you expect?

I like how club DCUC didn't hit the mark but they 1. went through it anyways. 2. offered the sub again to build up numbers.

Sad day indeed for GB fans :(

Mattel remind me of republicans, ie. they live in their own reality and pay little heed to actual facts.
They have this weird vibe about how they do business.

I don't think it's a big loss really. I was getting fed up of paying for variants that I may have otherwise not have bought.

Terror dogs, Gozer Minx, Veego and Dana is all we really need isn't it?

Mattel remind me of republicans, ie. they live in their own reality and pay little heed to actual facts.

funny...they remind me of democrats...promising everything, doing nothing and then raising the prices on what they were already doing :p

Whenever I meet Mattel staff I feel they have that glazed over programmed look on their face that I only ever see in certain sects of american society.
It seems a little....creepy for want of a better word.

The Hasbro staff on the other hand rock and are far more fun to get drunk with. What ever is coolest, they will do.

The way I see it, Mattel is a business where as Hasbro is a toy company.

The way I see it, Mattel is a business where as Hasbro is a toy company.

Great quote, Eamon! I'm so bummed about this, GB was my favorite line to collect. At this point, I'm seriously just flat-out done with Mattel and the way they handle things. I've got better things to spend my money on. I'm just going to cancel my 2012 MOTUC sub and be done with them all together.

Funny how they say last month that all the other subs besides DCUC met the minimum requirement to go forward, then last week its 'we're looking at adding non-sub items' and now this.

Why does Mattel have such a hard time with boys-brand lines and Hasbro just keeps rolling with Joes, TF, Star Wars and Marvel without missing a beat.

Terror dogs, Gozer Minx, Veego and Dana is all we really need isn't it?

^ This! Would love me some terror dogs :panic:

Sucks about the subs, really debating whether to get me a ghost trap or not - they looked epic ;o

This saddens me. I wonder if this means they aren't going to make any more stuff after what has been announced or if it just means they aren't going to do it through subscriptions?

None of this makes sense to me. Subscriptions are guaranteed sales of the figures and now they are going to sell them by themselves and probably sell less of each because some people may pass on some.

I am stoked by the Ghost Trap and re-release of Stay Puft.

Why does Mattel have such a hard time with boys-brand lines and Hasbro just keeps rolling with Joes, TF, Star Wars and Marvel without missing a beat.

Just like they have been doing 6" Marvel Legends for the last 2-3 years...oh wait. At least Mattel went after the Ghostbusters license. Hasbro would never have made the figures unless there was a new movie or cartoon to back it. Mattel makes some questionable decisions, but let's not pretend Hasbro is perfect.

With variants of the main 4 trying to hold this line together, mostly due to tooling costs and a very limited selection of characters, this was bound to happen. It's awesome that we got a huge Stay Puft and as many figures as we did. I just hope Mattel goes after the Terror Dogs to properly finish the line.

Just like they have been doing 6" Marvel Legends for the last 2-3 years...oh wait. At least Mattel went after the Ghostbusters license. Hasbro would never have made the figures unless there was a new movie or cartoon to back it. Mattel makes some questionable decisions, but let's not pretend Hasbro is perfect.

With variants of the main 4 trying to hold this line together, mostly due to tooling costs and a very limited selection of characters, this was bound to happen. It's awesome that we got a huge Stay Puft and as many figures as we did. I just hope Mattel goes after the Terror Dogs to properly finish the line.

There's been a bunch of 2 packs, and Marvel Legends is coming back next year in the 6" scale. Not to mention all the MU stuff they've released. Hasbro is not perfect, but they're much better at handling action figure lines than Mattel is.

There's been a bunch of 2 packs, and Marvel Legends is coming back next year in the 6" scale. Not to mention all the MU stuff they've released.

The 2-packs have been few and far between. I would hardly say MU is a substitute for Legends. They sunk the Legends line pretty fast once they got it from ToyBiz and are just now getting back to it.

Gentlemen, gentlemen...

Can't we just agree Mattel and Hasbro sucks?

Not at all. They both do great work on certain lines. I'm just glad that Mattel produced some really good 6" Ghostbusters action figures and there's at least a few more to come.

Last edited:
Only 4 Ghostbusters figures next year not enough!Fk U mattel!Its pretty sad Club ecto-1 is dead and this figure line is dying.

funny...they remind me of democrats...promising everything, doing nothing and then raising the prices on what they were already doing :p

:lol

That should be someone's sig.

I haven't followed the less than 12" line here but sorry to all youz who do. I got three of the original 4 12" GBs. Was there any chance of getting anything further from Mattel on the GB 12" front?

Back