New figure project- "Nexus Runner" -[Rep-Detect Deckard]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good! The head's looking really cool in those shots.

Though is there time to give feedback on the clothes before they are all made? The coat should be more of a lighter tan brown It looks very dark in that shot, more like the android hunter coat and the blazer less saturated. Though I'll wait until we see more shots ;)

I would be happy with the way it is. But if alterations can be made. I would agree with zenonithus

Here is a really good website that shows a really good replica of the jacket- color and ribbing on the collar

https://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=743

Last edited:
stick this up now... screw christmas!!

scrooge039-web.jpg

I would be happy with the way it is. But if alterations can be made. I would agree with zenonithus

Here is a really good website that shows a really good replica of the jacket- color and ribbing on the collar

https://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=743

Yeah I've been after a correct colour version of the coat for a while. The android hunter coat is very good, though the dark brown colour has always been something that was off for me.

Also agree about the ribbing of the collar, although it is stitched in to the real coat I think a fine ribbed material would be the best thing to use to imitate this.

Here's another good resource for the coat https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/deckard-trenchcoat-overcoats-p-286.html

Hey guys- Thanks very much for the nice comments!

In regards to the trench coat color I think it is actually spot on. It only looks darker in the pictures. The suit jacket however has been the bane of my existence lately:lol. This is actually the second one but it is still too saturated orange. It's been difficult to pin down the real color and evidentaly all source pictures look different on different monitors etc. It will be amended for the final production though.

At your request I will push the Pre-Order back a little. Maybe end of December or early January. Does this sound good?

Cheers-S.

Maybe do a poll in this thread to see what people are interested in? Maybe after a few more pics?

That sounds good Scott. Yes, I didn't want to say anything about that blazer, but yeah its waayy too orange.

Hey guys- Thanks very much for the nice comments!

In regards to the trench coat color I think it is actually spot on. It only looks darker in the pictures. The suit jacket however has been the bane of my existence lately:lol. This is actually the second one but it is still too saturated orange. It's been difficult to pin down the real color and evidentaly all source pictures look different on different monitors etc. It will be amended for the final production though.

At your request I will push the Pre-Order back a little. Maybe end of December or early January. Does this sound good?

Cheers-S.

good to hear :) I think if you can get the collar to have a more finer ribbed pattern then the coat will be perfect. Could try washing the jacket material in some black dye wash. I know people did something like that with there full size blazer replicas to tone them down ;)

Yes, the ribbing on the collar as well. The old android hunter figure used fine wale corduroy, and it looked pretty good. Also is the upper half of the shirt color going to be adjusted? Its more brownish-red-maroon.

Last edited:
good to hear :) I think if you can get the collar to have a more finer ribbed pattern then the coat will be perfect. Could try washing the jacket material in some black dye wash. I know people did something like that with there full size blazer replicas to tone them down ;)

Yes, the ribbing on the collar as well. The old android hunter figure used fine wale corduroy, and it looked pretty good. Also is the upper half of the shirt color going to be adjusted? Its more brownish-red-maroon.

Okay- I'll make notes of the changes for the final production run. It would be really helpful if you guys could post reference pictures of the colors for me. I'll also post what I have. I know there are a lot of different pics out there but they are all pretty inconsistent color wise. Let's narrow it down to specific shots so hopefully everyone will be happy. What I really need is the color of the suit jacket, and the shirt colors.
Here is what I have:

A. This has been my preference from the start and aside from the suit jacket color this is probably the closest to where the sample outfit is.
20100621fordbladerunner.jpg

Shirt colors:

B.
Feature_BladeRunner2-big.jpg

C.
shirtfront.jpg

D.
Screenshot2011-11-24at85628AM.png

E.
shirtdetail.jpg

F.
shirt.gif

Suit jacket colors:

A: This is the color I was after for the suit jacket:
suitjacketcolor.jpg

B. This is closest to what the proto-type looks like ...but way to saturated. It needs to be browned down.
BladeRunner-Jacket2-FT-med.jpg

C.
_DSC0210.jpg

D.
6321574_1_l.jpg

E.
jacket-1.jpg

F.
Jacket1-FT-big.jpg

LMK guys:wave

Thanks-S.

bladerunnerjacket.jpg

I think if the color was a little less saturated it would be ok. You can really chase your tail on this one. Kato did
Now f you could find a material somewhat like the Herringbone used it would be perfect.

Also, I like the color on the trench coat, looks just like it does in the movie. The material though looks too thick and rough. I think the material you used on the Blondie coat was closer.
Here are some really good photos of the trench coat.

https://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47

If you have a hard time finding buttons, I remember Kato going to Rainman for his joker coat or shirt.

Back