New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

I hope the rumor about Linx is true, but not his ship. I don't want to shell out $50 or whatever for a plastic ball just to get him.

Finally, all 11 Doctors are mine:

1photo3.jpg

1photo1.jpg

1photo2.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. With the 11 Doctors set I could finally finish my collection of all the Doctors. I also now have a TARDIS at last. I would have preferred one of the classic ones, but Matt Smith's was the cheapest and most easily available.

Looks good. Its a dream come true, isn't it? :duff

Well done CO. Now stop dicking about and give the Classic Doctors at least 1 companion each :)

I'll even buy a figure of someone I hate ( Mel, Sarah Jane ) first if it means we'll get Leela, Jamie & others I genuinely want at a later date.

I'd like Sarah Jane and Harry Sullivan to go with the season 12 Tom. Throw in a Revenge Cyberman and Cyberleader while you're at it.

i dont think i could ever bring myself to buy Mel, unless the sole purpose was to test in in dangerous situations such as a fire, firework rocket tests, rifle accuracy or Hammer strength.

i dont think i could ever bring myself to buy Mel, unless the sole purpose was to test in in dangerous situations such as a fire, firework rocket tests, rifle accuracy or Hammer strength.

CO should release her first as people would be more likely to buy as they'd worry that CO would pull the plug on other companions if the first one didn't sell very well.

Force people into buying Mel, its a sound tactic! i have to say i think she is the worst companion ever, if CO do companions i'd rather have Ace for the 7th doctor.

Force people into buying Mel, its a sound tactic! i have to say i think she is the worst companion ever

IMO the worst companions are,
1.Donna
2.Rose
3.Mel
4.Sarah Jane ( from 2006 onwards )
5.Romana II

There has only been one companion that made me cringe. Mel. Mel. Mel. Mel. :gah:

(but I'd still by a figure of her just for Dapol-ish reasons)

I'm kinda new to collecting these so forgive my ignorance, but is there a reason why they haven't made any companions for the classic line yet? They seem to have made pretty much all of them for the new series.

To date the official word has been that there will be no classic companions because they don't believe they would sell...

They also said that there would be no classic Police Box and no classic Delgado/Ainley.

So who knows. I say all things point to companions being produced sooner or later. :)

I would think they'd at least do a classic Sarah Jane since she's still in the public eye. I'd really like one of her in the camo from Genesis of the Daleks.

The only "official" word I recall was an alleged interview with someone from CO that was published on a site that is notorious for BS.

At the start of the year I would said there was no chance of any Classic companions but we've since gotten 1 totally unexpected character ( Ainley ) and another ( Delgado ) appears to be imminent so now UT are calling the shots and the Classic line is finally being marketed to older collectors then I think the chances of a companion or two have improved especially with at least another 3 years of Exclusives to look forward to.

That is of course providing UT don't waste release slots with more crap like the Sonic Screwdriver replica and the rumored "End of Time" Regeneration 2-pack :gah:

They could easily continue the companions in 2 packs like they did with POF as long as we are getting legitimate variants of the Doctors and not re-releases.

IMO the worst companions are,
1.Donna
2.Rose
3.Mel
4.Sarah Jane ( from 2006 onwards )
5.Romana II

Nice to see Martha isn't in your list, i think she gets a bad rep because of series 3 was quite poor. Donna i would place over Mel because i went in hating Catherine Tate but watching her Who performance when she wasnt just reusing her sketch show personna she actually displayed some acting ability, like in the 'fires of pompeii' plus it was nice to have a companion who wasn't in love with the doctor for the first time in the revived series.

Also a picture of 11's tardis taken apart when i was planning to change it to match the features of the last 'flight tardis'

picture.php

Last edited:

Nice to see Martha isn't in your list, i think she gets a bad rep because of series 3 was quite poor. Donna i would place over Mel because i went in hating Catherine Tate but watching her Who performance when she wasnt just reusing her sketch show personna she actually displayed some acting ability, like in the 'fires of pompeii' plus it was nice to have a companion who wasn't in love with the doctor for the first time in the revived series.

Also a picture of 11's tardis taken apart when i was planning to change it to match the features of the last 'flight tardis'

picture.php

I hated 99% of series 3 and Martha was the other 1%.

The fact that Freema neither looked or sounded like something from the Mos Eisley Cantina definitely helped and I think the character deserved better than she got especially considering RTD tended to put more emphasis on the companions than the Doctor.

Back