New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Underground toys are selling the Dalek Tang and 11 as well for those in the US and Canada... I got to the site but I just couldn't pull the trigger with Delgado and Palpatine coming out. :(

4th Doctor in burgandy outfit with K-9 now for sale at FPI.com

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/i...cts_id=61182&zenid=kotv35uliogkkug9k76cve6hg1

C1177.jpg

I am really digging the new headsculpt. But I am disappointed at the inclusion of K-9.

I have heard (though I haven't checked to see if it's true) that K-9 is a new sculpt. :dunno

I have heard (though I haven't checked to see if it's true) that K-9 is a new sculpt. :dunno

You may be right, it doesnt look like the side panel comes off on that one in the pic.

EDIT
I guess this set makes K9 the first Classic companion. Maybe it's a testing of the waters for future sets with a Doctor and a human companion?

Last edited:

I thought for certain that K-9 would come with Leela. Tom looks great. Hope to see Fang Rock and Talons versions.

I thought for certain that K-9 would come with Leela. Tom looks great. Hope to see Fang Rock and Talons versions.

Hopefully a K9 & Leela pack will still happen and it's safe to say I'm in for any other variants of Tom with "Deadly Assassin" & "Talons" versions being top of my list.

Got my "Claws of Axos" set this morning,

delgadomaster1.jpg

masters.jpg

Goatees are cool.................and EVIL!
goateesarecool.jpg

The paint apps on Delgado aren't 100% perfect but still excellent and the sculpt is amazing.

I haven't took any shots of the Axon yet as it started raining heavily outside and I prefer using natural light but despite having some accuracy issues ( the ones onscreen had a lot more of the thick, root like growths ) it's still a wonderfully detailed figure with a nice weighty feel to it that reminds me of Hasbro's Ephant Mon from a few years back.

The packaging is decent too as MOC collectors would be able to take the figures out ( after removing the twisties ) without damaging the outer box which is IMO an improvement on the usual packaging.

A few months ago I said there was zero chance of CO making figures of Delgado and Ainley yet now I have both.......:yess:

Last edited:

Nice pics, could possibly look better with a Simm lol. I have now started to collect some enemys starting with the Dalek + 11 pack, i been selecting a few to purcahse from a local shop which has a fair few Who figures in store. Its hard to resist collecting all the variations of the Doctors but my shelves are looking a little time-lord heavy!

Thanks guys, more pics ( though not with Simm :lol ) will be posted tomorrow.

If there's to be any more figures of non Doctor characters requiring image rights then I hope the Brigadier is next as he'd look great in a mini display with the 3rd Doctor & the Master.

N2k,
As of today my Who shelves are so full I'm going to have to remove some of the extras of the army builder characters to make way for new molds.

I've mostly kept to a rule of no more than 3 or 4 of each type but I've still racked up a sizeable amount,

"Dead Planet " Dalek x3
"10th Planet" Cyberman x3
"Tomb" Cyberman x4 plus the Controller BAF
Ice Warrior x3
"Invasion" Cyberman x3
Sea Devil x4 ( only got the one that came with Pertwee on display )
"Genesis" Dalek x3
"Earthshock" Cyberman x5
( The one I haven't opened will be turned into the Cyber Leader when I get round to it unless an official one gets announced in the meantime then I'll probably resell it. )

Delgado looks really great with that sea devil Pertwee.

Another "Sea Devils" 2-pack based around the sword fight would be pretty cheap to do as they'd only have to make the swords and a new upper body for Delgado.

I currently have a headless Troughton with dismembered feet at my desk as well as a Tom Baker head. I just ordered a Maggot Pertwee from WhoNA and I am investigating the attributes of milliput and citadel paints.

I think I have caught something. Dear Lord help me. :horror

I currently have a headless Troughton with dismembered feet at my desk as well as a Tom Baker head. I just ordered a Maggot Pertwee from WhoNA and I am investigating the attributes of milliput and citadel paints.

I think I have caught something. Dear Lord help me. :horror

Good luck with the customising but I think there's a few things to bear in mind,

1.John Barrowman does NOT look even remotely like Nick Courtney.
( The series 1 Captain Jack body works pretty well as a base for the attire but crudely painting a moustache onto the headsculpt does not make a good Brigadier likeness. )

2.John Barrowman looks NOTHING like Frazer Hines.
( It doesn't matter how well the hair gets modified and the work that goes into the rest of the attire, it's still Captain Jack in a kilt. )

3.Suprisingly, a Rose Tyler head makes an AWESOME Adric.
( With extensive modding of course. )

4.Under no circumstances attempt to use real materials for clothing.
( It only ever works well on the very best 1:6 scale figures not that people don't keep on trying with smaller ones. )

5.If you like the look of a certain custom and fancy a go at making one yourself, be careful about where you post pics.
( People get a bit pissy if they think "their" work is being copied. )

Have fun! :wave

BTW I ordered your season 18 Tom.

Just some of my presents yesterday, apologies for the colour and quaility il take better ones when the lighting is less crap!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A-HA! Thank you, amigo! Damn that looks sweet! :hi5:

Can't wait to customize the Axon!

A pleasure!

The Classic lineup needs the Brigadier more than ever now to complete the trio that defined the Pertwee years.

What are you going to do with the Axon?

N2k,
Congrats on the new arrivals, is that fencing part of a cage from a WWE wrestling ring?

Back