New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The criticism I've been reading is about the product as a whole, not isolated to the likeness, even though it is the likeness everyone has a problem with (previous to reading your latest post). If you wore this outfit I wouldn't say that because your face doesn't look like Amy that therefore the outfit doesn't either.

That was my whole point. I haven't seen those posts about the whole product, so while I'll believe you, I'll say those posts seem unfounded as the rest of the product looks pretty spot on to me, though the jacket seems bulkier. The colors actually seem to match up to the real versions better.

Well, BC just removed all the criticism conveniently with the pictures.

But if you had read the comments on the FB page they were not limited to the painting. Quite a few accused the figure of having a zombie-like expression, which I don't think is just going to be caused by a paint job and bad lighting? Who knows.

If the new photos look better, I'll change my mind and maybe even plan on buying the figure again.

The outfit is not the same! lol :rotfl A lot of people have complained about the new jacket.

The sculpt has changed. The paint has changed. The outfit has changed. The hair color has changed!

But in any case, all I need is a bad face to say that a representation of a person doesn't look like that person. Wearing the clothes doesn't make you look like someone.

:pfft:

And stomping your feet on a forum does not an expert make.

I do not know whether it is worth BC making a statement. Seems certain individuals have all the facts already.

This is exactly the kind of counter productive post that drives manufacturers away from these places.

No excuses have been made. Several have been banded around by other members. I have stated what I know to be true and that BC are formulating a response.

Now that, that is fact.

I do not know whether it is worth BC making a statement. Seems certain individuals have all the facts already.

This is exactly the kind of counter productive post that drives manufacturers away from these places.

No excuses have been made. Several have been banded around by other members. I have stated what I know to be true and that BC are formulating a response.

Now that, that is fact.

Greggo, as a proxy representative of BCS, I would suggest you stop digging at this stage. Let them bring out their official response and let us vent our spleen here whilst we wait. Best for all, I think.

Karen as Amy did a photoshoot in an episode.
Models photograph well in correct light, make up, hair style, etc. many photos are taken. Most are rejected. Only the best one or two are chosen, because these are used to sell a product. Like it or not, the photos used are adverts for the product.
The Photo used here in no way presents a good advertisement for the product.
A little thought on the hair. It looks the way I reckoned it would a year or so down the line. Deshrevelled and simply untidy.
As I said, I will honor my purchase, but this picture does nothing for sales.
People mention responses. Simple. Get a great photo, if possible, and get it on line.
I can't believe even the photographer thought this picture was presenting a good product.

Of course, once everyone gets the product in hand wouldn't they be wondering why they can't get it to look like that?

I don't see value in using the worst photos ever (I've seen way worse than this) but also I don't think making it look significantly better than out of the box is right either. It should be a fair representation of the actual product. Nothing more or less.

Greggo, as a proxy representative of BCS, I would suggest you stop digging at this stage. Let them bring out their official response and let us vent our spleen here whilst we wait. Best for all, I think.

:goodpost::exactly::clap:clap:clap Right?

Vent away.

I have every right to state what I know to be true, whether it is appreciated or not.

I have made no claims other than what I know.

Now that, that is fact.

I haven't claimed to be any kind of an expert. I'm simply a customer. And, I don't see criticizing a product which looks like it should cost $20 instead of $240 counts as "stomping my feet."

Big Chief doesn't post here very often. I would not describe them any longer as very communicative. I guess that's to be expected as they can only manage a figure a year? Looking at the "final production" model of Amy, they may have made a mistake by not seeking the advice of their customers.

I'm not sure in what way I'm meant to be productive. I'm not selling these things. I'm either buying or not. If a product looks great (like 11) I'll say so. If it looks crap, I'll say so.

What might be counter-productive (and deeply unprofessional) is people who have worked in some way with BC coming on here and getting in arguments with potential customers before BC have a chance themselves to make a statement....

I am kinda surprised that the male sculpts seem to look mostly dead-on likeness and personally to me... this and the previous Amy sculpt feel off. Maybe it's just harder to get girl sculpts? I don't know. I've never been good at sculpting.

I wish the company goodluck, this must be very difficult.

still very much looking forward to 10.

Vent away.

I have every right to state what I know to be true, whether it is appreciated or not.

I have made no claims other than what I know.

Of course you do, but as someone who has an involvement with the company, what you say reflects on it. And I think they are at a rather precarious stage at the moment, PR-wise. So I am just suggesting that it might be better for all if we wait for the official statement.

What might be counter-productive (and deeply unprofessional) is people who have worked in some way with BC coming on here and getting in arguments with potential customers before BC have a chance themselves to make a statement....[/QUOTE said:
This thread has been under threat of being shut down any number of times, largely due to petty comments escalating.

As I have said I have every right and have made no claims other than state the facts.

Whether you like it or not, those are the facts.

From what I can see there is a group of 3 or 4 users who are taking every opportunity to hit out.

Unprofessional? Why because you don’t like the truth?

This thread has been under threat of being shut down any number of times, largely due to petty comments escalating.

As I have said I have every right and have made no claims other than state the facts.

Whether you like it or not, those are the facts.

From what I can see there is a group of 3 or 4 users who are taking every opportunity to hit out.

Unprofessional? Why because you don’t like the truth?

I'm not sure what "facts" or "truth" you're talking about.

You have every right to make this situation worse for Big Chief, your words and actions reflect on them, if that's what you want to do... lay on!

For me, gross overexaggeration by "fans" claiming it looks like a $20 product is much more detrimental than someone in the know speaking their side of the story.

While I can't say I'll be buying this product for $150 or whatever, its way better than the CO figures.

A nice base body alone is probably worth a good $30 on the secondary market.

To give them a compliment, those knees look pretty dang good compared to other fem bodies out there.

For me, gross overexaggeration by people claiming it looks like a $20 product is much more detrimental than someone in the know speaking their side of the story.

While I can't say I'll be buying this product for $150 or whatever, its way better than the CO figures.

Do you think it looks better than CO's Martha?

Again, I'm hoping they were bad photos - but if the photos were accurate, I don't see that figure as being superior to CO's Martha. :(

btw, welcome to page 666! :O

Do you think it looks better than CO's Martha?

Again, I'm hoping they were bad photos - but if the photos were accurate, I don't see that figure as being superior to CO's Martha. :(

btw, welcome to page 666! :O

seriesthree12inch.jpg

Be serious. Look at the shine on that cheap fake leather. The tailoring is extremely simple. The eyes are horrible. The paint is caked on and the sculpt has no subtlty. The body type is way outdated. Not to mention it had little or no accessories or a stand.

While Amy isn't a home run and probably not worth the $ they want, it is incredibly disingenuous to compare it to a CO figure.

seriesthree12inch.jpg

Be serious. Look at the shine on that cheap fake leather. The tailoring is extremely simple. The eyes are horrible. The paint has no subtlty. The body type is way outdated.

While Amy isn't a home run and probably not worth the $ they want, it is incredibly disingenuous to compare it to a CO figure.

I guess I disagree, based on the photos BC posted. Let's hope the new photos are better!

7576_10152264891986002_1579096117_n_zps5b142be2.jpg

I am a freelancer and work for whoever pays the bills.

And whilst I feel sure that there are some who do genuinely know what they are talking about, the majority frankly do not. The vast majority of members here have experience in purchasing, not manufacturing.

Again that does not mean that you should accept poor quality merchandise, but comments/suggestions that BC should make Daleks and more Doctors are not based on any knowledge of product costs. Many seem to think manufacturers can reduce the cost greatly by selling an increased quantity. Not the case at all.

These are largely made by hand, they are not simple action figures, injected out with limited paint ops. As such customers’ expectations are higher than ever and yet they complain about increased costs. The more complex and detailed these figures become, the higher the cost.

Not making excuses here for BC, as to be honest I am personally not mad on the final approved sculpt, but you cannot compare these to Hot Toys. Mainly because HT own their own factory, BC do not. Plus they have 12 years experience on BC.

They are working to get Amy right and they do understand the frustration that customers have been kept waiting. But the mob mentality of forums does not help with certain members stirring up trouble by urging others to cancel their orders or demand the refund of their deposits.

There will be an official response coming soon.

Hi Greggo. You seem to be adressing one of my posts in at least one part of this post, so I thought I'd reply.

I think it's well known that I am one of the biggest fans of BC on these boards, so I can in no way be described as a troublemaker. But my honest response to those photos is that they are cataclysmic for BC as a company. I always thought Amy should have been cancelled months if not years ago for the sake of BC's financial health and I know from talking to people at CO and Product Enterprise (as was) that the top sellers are always daleks, the current Doctor, and Doctor 4. So my advice/ opinion was well intentioned and based on what I've heard, even if I've never personally brought a Doctor Who line to market.

I know female figures are much harder to get right then male figures, but really, if those photos resemble the final product in any way then it is embarassing. Even worse is the way that first, you have responded by biting back - it's unprofessional - and second, that you have sought to shift the blame onto the subject and her agent. I don't care how many imperfections they asked to be removed, that could only lead to the texture on the face being compromised, not the shape of it - and the shape is wrong. CO's Martha Jones figure was a better likeness than this.

But apparently the photos are to blame. Well, okay. Let's see better photos then.

The one thing I can think of that legitimately excuses this is problems with the factory - that, I can well believe has led to you being royally shafted. I've heard horror stories of figures being resculpted in factories by people who thought they could 'improve' on the original design. Okay, that I can believe. But nothing else really excuses it, and frankly I don't see why you've gone ahead with this figure at all, unless you've been overwhelmed with demand for it, which I find hard to believe.

By all means disagree with me, but if I criticise you or BC it's well meant. I am NOT stirring trouble - I've been flamed on here for being such a strong supporter of BC - and like everyone else I'm entitled to say what I think. I kind of resent being branded a troublemaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back