New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Words such as "nothing", "everything", "completely" etc are concrete statements that shouldn't be thrown around lightly.

I can pop Luke Skywalkers head onto this figure and it would still be 90% Amy Pond.

So yes, a green painted head or in this case a pale doll like face still doesn't qualify the entire figure for the inane "it looks nothing like it" posts.

If you want legitimate discussion about the issues, post legitimate criticisms, not inane hyperbole that is only meant for shock or insult.

#1 With Luke Skywalker's head it would be 100% not Amy Pond.
#2 Go back and take a look. I never said, "Nothing." I don't recall using the terms, "everything" or "completely" either. I understand you're emotional, but you're firing blind. Take another look and argue with the right posters. Then, go find a good pillow to punch and have a good cry. :nana:

Perhaps it's all they had?
I mean they have been blasted for not showing anything and then when they do show something they're blasted again.

I am a freelancer and work for whoever pays the bills.

And whilst I feel sure that there are some who do genuinely know what they are talking about, the majority frankly do not. The vast majority of members here have experience in purchasing, not manufacturing.

Again that does not mean that you should accept poor quality merchandise, but comments/suggestions that BC should make Daleks and more Doctors are not based on any knowledge of product costs. Many seem to think manufacturers can reduce the cost greatly by selling an increased quantity. Not the case at all.

These are largely made by hand, they are not simple action figures, injected out with limited paint ops. As such customers’ expectations are higher than ever and yet they complain about increased costs. The more complex and detailed these figures become, the higher the cost.

Not making excuses here for BC, as to be honest I am personally not mad on the final approved sculpt, but you cannot compare these to Hot Toys. Mainly because HT own their own factory, BC do not. Plus they have 12 years experience on BC.

They are working to get Amy right and they do understand the frustration that customers have been kept waiting. But the mob mentality of forums does not help with certain members stirring up trouble by urging others to cancel their orders or demand the refund of their deposits.

There will be an official response coming soon.

Thank you Greggo, we shall see what is said in response.

Perhaps it's all they had?
I mean they have been blasted for not showing anything and then when they do show something they're blasted again.

If I were selling a product, I would only post the best pictures of it which could be created. Sub-par pictures of anything will hurt sales of that item. It just seems strange to allow any but the best photos to be officially posted, especially with the word "final" above them.

I don't think a better photographer at this point is going to save this figure, in fact, probably only better illustrate had badly this disaster turned out. Now the blame is getting shifted from Karen's approval to bad photography but hey, it really does look better in-hand. BCS has yet to formulate an official statement which will no doubt be carefully formulated to absolve them of any wrong-doing and rave about the quality of their disasterous product. So much back-pedalling and defensive knee-jerk reactions from everyone "involved" in the process.

#1 With Luke Skywalker's head it would be 100% not Amy Pond.
#2 Go back and take a look. I never said, "Nothing." I don't recall using the terms, "everything" or "completely" either. I understand you're emotional, but you're firing blind. Take another look and argue with the right posters. Then, go find a good pillow to punch and have a good cry. :nana:

Thats right, your words of choice were "very little". Hmm. Still think thats a giant stretch of the truth considering the outfit is entirely the same, the sculpt shape is the same, the hair is the same, the boots are the same, etc.

If the complaint is solely about the face paint, whats the problem with saying that? Oh yeah, its easier to have a knee jerk reaction and overly dramatic.

I don't think a better photographer at this point is going to save this figure, in fact, probably only better illustrate had badly this disaster turned out. Now the blame is getting shifted from Karen's approval to bad photography but hey, it really does look better in-hand. BCS has yet to formulate an official statement which will no doubt be carefully formulated to absolve them of any wrong-doing and rave about the quality of their disasterous product. So much back-pedalling and defensive knee-jerk reactions from everyone "involved" in the process.

If the people who have seen it in hand say it is better in hand, I can swallow that. But, if that is the case, I am still staggering in disbelief at how they could use amateur photographs to show the final prototype.

Let's see what BCS eventually say in their official response. At this stage, it had better be good.

Thats right, your words of choice were "very little". Hmm. Still think thats a giant stretch of the truth considering the outfit is entirely the same, the sculpt shape is the same, the hair is the same, the boots are the same, etc.

If the complaint is solely about the face paint, whats the problem with saying that? Oh yeah, its easier to have a knee jerk reaction and overly dramatic.

The outfit is not the same! lol :rotfl A lot of people have complained about the new jacket.

The sculpt has changed. The paint has changed. The outfit has changed. The hair color has changed!

But in any case, all I need is a bad face to say that a representation of a person doesn't look like that person. Wearing the clothes doesn't make you look like someone.

:pfft:

You know what the real problem is?

Whatever happened to the days where you went to the store and based on the FINAL PRODUCT you got to decide if you wanted it or not?

Why is it that just because we have the internet that we need to get all excited for something, wait a year or more, then feel some "slight" when it isn't what we wanted?

I really wish we just went back to the days where money is in hand you got your item right then.

If the people who have seen it in hand say it is better in hand, I can swallow that. But, if that is the case, I am still staggering in disbelief at how they could use amateur photographs to show the final prototype.

Let's see what BCS eventually say in their official response. At this stage, it had better be good.

Really the only response is to post better pictures and promise to re-paint the face.

You know what the real problem is?

Whatever happened to the days where you went to the store and based on the FINAL PRODUCT you got to decide if you wanted it or not?

Why is it that just because we have the internet that we need to get all excited for something, wait a year or more, then feel some "slight" when it isn't what we wanted?

I really wish we just went back to the days where money is in hand you got your item right then.

I agree 100%!

Response from BCS on Facebook.

We have now removed the recent photos of the Amy Pond figure and will have an official response shortly. Your posts and comments have all been duly noted and we thank you for your continued support.
The BCS Team

On FB

We have now removed the recent photos of the Amy Pond figure and will have an official response shortly. Your posts and comments have all been duly noted and we thank you for your continued support.
The BCS Team

And Mr Testino sets up the tripod...

The outfit is not the same! lol :rotfl A lot of people have complained about the new jacket.

The sculpt has changed. The paint has changed. The outfit has changed. The hair color has changed!

But in any case, all I need is a bad face to say that a representation of a person doesn't look like that person. Wearing the clothes doesn't make you look like someone.

:pfft:

The criticism I've been reading is about the product as a whole, not isolated to the likeness, even though it is the likeness everyone has a problem with (previous to reading your latest post). If you wore this outfit I wouldn't say that because your face doesn't look like Amy that therefore the outfit doesn't either.

That was my whole point. I haven't seen those posts about the outfit being a problem, so while I'll believe you, I'll say those posts seem unfounded as the rest of the product looks pretty spot on to me, though the jacket seems bulkier. The colors actually seem to match up to the real versions better.

Last edited:
Karen as Amy did a photoshoot in an episode.
Models photograph well in correct light, make up, hair style, etc. many photos are taken. Most are rejected. Only the best one or two are chosen, because these are used to sell a product. Like it or not, the photos used are adverts for the product.
The Photo used here in no way presents a good advertisement for the product.
A little thought on the hair. It looks the way I reckoned it would a year or so down the line. Deshrevelled and simply untidy.
As I said, I will honor my purchase, but this picture does nothing for sales.
People mention responses. Simple. Get a great photo, if possible, and get it on line.
I can't believe even the photographer thought this picture was presenting a good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back