New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never use stands so mine is the back of a cupboard somewhere. But I agree that it is rather large and ungainly. Looks like the one for 10 is a step up. They aren't going to get everything right from the word go. I expect to see incremental improvements as the releases get going.

I was rewatching Silence in the Library today. That has to be one of the very best episodes. I wonder if BCS will be doing a River Song. Probably not a priority.

River Song was going to be in their first wave of figures but they have (thankfully) changed their plans since.

I said "thankfully" not because I don't want a River Song figure, but because I am glad that BC realized the line needs to find it's legs before it can branch out into characters like hers. Otherwise the line would surely have died an early death. And that would have made me ":monkey2"

What's a good body to replace the BC one? I was thinking of a slim truetype (for the CO 10 clothes to make an eleventh hour 11 body) but the neck doesn't seem to fit. And it's too expensive! Any ideas?

I would rather buy another BC body but they're not selling them!

Oddly enough, everything fits on the TTM NS except the trousers. They dont fit at the waist properly (at least on mine). Best bet is to go with a dragon body

I said "thankfully" not because I don't want a River Song figure, but because I am glad that BC realized the line needs to find it's legs before it can branch out into characters like hers. Otherwise the line would surely have died an early death. And that would have made me ":monkey2"

Once Four is released, they would have covered the most popular doctors. Then we need Amy to come out, even though her moment has probably gone somewhat. I know that One and possibly Two are being touted as releases this year, and perhaps some baddies, but who next? I know many people feel that River Song outstayed her welcome, but she was a strong character and I could see people wanting to get a figure of her.

And TheEnemy, are you my mummy? (of course, that comment won't make any sense whatsoever if you change your sig, so please don't).

Once Four is released, they would have covered the most popular doctors. Then we need Amy to come out, even though her moment has probably gone somewhat. I know that One and possibly Two are being touted as releases this year, and perhaps some baddies, but who next? I know many people feel that River Song outstayed her welcome, but she was a strong character and I could see people wanting to get a figure of her.

And TheEnemy, are you my mummy? (of course, that comment won't make any sense whatsoever if you change your sig, so please don't).
Amy will be out long before 4 is released.

We would hope, but there seems to be endless fiddle-faddling with the body, whereas 4 will likely to be using the standard male BCS body. Both head sculpts are done, tailoring pretty much sorted. It's a race. Fourth Doctor versus Amy Pond. Who will win?

We would hope, but there seems to be endless fiddle-faddling with the body, whereas 4 will likely to be using the standard male BCS body. Both head sculpts are done, tailoring pretty much sorted. It's a race. Fourth Doctor versus Amy Pond. Who will win?

If they have any sense about things at all....Tom Baker's #4 Doctor...and this from a person that has an established PO (from day one) for the Amy Signature Edition of the figure. I want Amy and all, but I would prefer Tom B before,, and Hartnell, and Troughton.

And Eccleston.

And McGann.

And Pertwee.

And Davison.

Jokes aside, I want Amy or I would not have placed the PO, but I still cannot re-emphasise enough how important it must be to BCS to establish themselves as primarily a high quality actual Doctor Who proper figure maker first and foremost, and not his companions at this early stage.

BCS said Amy will ship to them shortly after the Chinese Holiday.

There is really no debate on which figure we will get first. Amy is completed and pretty much ready to go and as far as the 4th Doctor is concerned, he is still being tweaked and we don't even have a preorder for him yet.

Oddly enough, everything fits on the TTM NS except the trousers. They dont fit at the waist properly (at least on mine). Best bet is to go with a dragon body

Thanks for this advice. Before I get onto ebay, will any Dragon body do with the 11 head?

Glad I don't have to buy a TT for upwards of £50!

The holidays are over this week, with everybody returning to work by the weekend.
So, hopefully, Amy will be shipping out to BC next week.

I've shipped the payment for this and 10 to my dad, so they are covered.
The BC site has been very quiet as late, but I'm hoping that they will here from this side of the planet that all is good, and Amy is good to go.

There's no way I can afford Amy but I can't wait to see her. Some of Greggo's recent pictures were excellent. Really looking forward to 'new figure buzz'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back