New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is what most of the figures on my bookshelf do. I'm sorted.

352490_1.jpg

Amy, Amy, what am I going to do?
It's well into March now and still no sign of you.
Big Chief say you're coming,
the Who theme I am humming,
But until you are here,
with all of your gear
Then I might just have to sue!

Only joking, but come on guys....... :(

It wasn't the character that got zapped back in time in Angels of Manhattan, it was the figure!

I understand that there are pictures of the upcoming Tom Baker but alas I can't find them. Could you post the picture and maybe a tentative release date? I can't wait to see it with the awesome quality of the Matt Smith. I also can't wait to see the accessories for Tom as well. How about jelly babies(a must), yo-yo, sonic Screwdriver, Tardis key, and Amy number of awesome things. This was my Doctor growing up so I can't wait to see him. Also, will there be a signature series on this one as well?I'm just psyched as who better than Tom Baker has deserved a mass marketed,albeit limited edition, for the masses of Tom fans. Kudos.

and Amy number of awesome things. .

Freudian slip, there. :lol Not that particular awesome thing. Yet. Soon, though.

I could only find a montage I put together a while back from someone else's photos of 4 with 10. I did see the figure at a con in October though, and he was good. Paintwork was a little cartoony (yes, I'm riding that hobby horse again) but the sculpt was pretty impressive.

7916222692_4d4a6ce0aa_o.jpg

No news on release date, though. Patience, young Padawn.

Freudian slip, there. :lol Not that particular awesome thing. Yet. Soon, though.

I could only find a montage I put together a while back from someone else's photos of 4 with 10. I did see the figure at a con in October though, and he was good. Paintwork was a little cartoony (yes, I'm riding that hobby horse again) but the sculpt was pretty impressive.

7916222692_4d4a6ce0aa_o.jpg

No news on release date, though. Patience, young Padawn.

Awed! Most appreciated. I can't wait to get the Tom. I like the sculpt on the Tom. I do want to see how the paint job looks on the production units. Big Chief is definitely upping the ante on all of the companies with s DW license. :yess:

It seems like being a fan of 1:6 DW figures involves a lot of thumb twiddling.

No further word on what alternate bodies might work for Eleven? I bought a second head sculpt of Eleven, so I need another body.

And an expansion pack outfit, please! Argh.

TTM-19. :naughty No, joking. I did try that, to entertain some friends (who are easily entertained. Looked hilarious, btw, bare chested and with just a bow tie. But that is another story). It is possible to hybrid the BCS heads with HT bodies, but there is a slight incompatibility that means it is hard work to swap over. I think the BCS neck socket is fractionally small and perhaps the lower end of the neck peg fractionally large as it took some real welly to fit it on with its own nack peg and with the HT one. But it can be done, with patience, a hairdyer and brute force. My only concern is that the clothes might not fit as the BCS body seems slightly petite compared to, say, TTM-16. I haven't tried it though or compared the two bodies nude, so I might be wrong.

Wow, I totally forgot - the head I'm getting isn't a Big Chief head. It was a sculpt sold here on the forums. I imagine it would be compatible with the HT bodies. I don't have it in hand yet.

Derp.

Last edited:
Has any one had a Big Chief Eleventh Doctor figure professionaly re-painted i'm intrigued to see how good that sculpt can look.

What in the world is going on with Amy? BC told us they were going to try and get her to ship prior to the Chinese holiday at the earliest but if not she would ship just after the holiday. Well we haven't heard a peep. At this rate we won't see 10 this year, he'll come out in 2014.

Maybe Amy has got booted off to the side again in favor of Ten?

Today I took 11 for a photoshoot in the wild (will post pics when I get my laptop back from the technician). I figured that it'd be a good way to test how he looks out in the open and such. Here are my deductions:
1) he looks absolutely stunning and life like! It's like Matt smith became smaller and sat down for a photoshoot.
2) my grandma's house makes for some great stop motion scenery.
3) I must be cursed. I put him in the grass,in the woods,in the dirt,in some rusty chains and no scratch! No stains,nothing! I take him out of the box (and almost every figure I own) and bam! Something happens. I take him in the wild and he looks brand new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back