New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be said the Bif Bang Pow figures aren't just for the 50th. They have been going on for a while now. The initial figures came out quite a while ago, and they were supposed to have new figures in March of last year but ran into factory issues and have been delayed for more than a year. I really enjoy the line and can't wait for more, but man oh man are they a whole different kettle of fish compared to BCS. :)

Just out of interest can anyone tell me if the dalek has been released yet? I can't work out if it's still coming or has been and gone. I'm not keen on any of the other figures but I love that BBP dalek.

Yeah, no DALEK from BBP yet.
That first batch of 4 were pretty good. The next four, I preordered, then canceled after they had been delayed by 6 months, and that was 6 months ago!!
The next batch or third wave if you like (with the 1st Doctor) could come out at any time in the future.
the second wave will not be reordered, as these just do not compare to BC at all.

I got the BBP TARDIS today, btw. Won't go into it too much since it's off-topic, but if you want to see more pics you can here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/31045631@N00/sets/72157632835590618/

It's a LOT of fun.

8498394673_d642d33e7c_z.jpg

Off-topic again I know but I would love to see the BBP figures and Tardis with the original Denys Fisher 4th Doctor from the 70's.

Also, if BBP did a Giant Robot and it wasn't rubbish I would be in for that as well as a dalek, but the rest I find pretty meh.

Does anybody's 11 do a kind of cracking like (not exactly) sound when you move the part where the waist and his body are conected? Also,the waist part is kinda loose.The other parts are very sturdy but that part is kinda loose.Nothing deal breaking,i can still pose him without a stand but i wanted to know if it was just mine or if it's normal for this happen.

Does anybody's 11 do a kind of cracking like (not exactly) sound when you move the part where the waist and his body are conected? Also,the waist part is kinda loose.The other parts are very sturdy but that part is kinda loose.Nothing deal breaking,i can still pose him without a stand but i wanted to know if it was just mine or if it's normal for this happen.

Mine does not...at least so far.

Well,I better stop messing with him. I wanted to make a dr who stopmotion but I guess it will have to wait till 10 arrives who will hopefully won't have these small QC issues.

What's a good body to replace the BC one? I was thinking of a slim truetype (for the CO 10 clothes to make an eleventh hour 11 body) but the neck doesn't seem to fit. And it's too expensive! Any ideas?

I would rather buy another BC body but they're not selling them!

The only thing I don't like about my 11 is the stand that comes along with the figure....weird and bulky....the figure is not the best quality but the head sculpt is better than I expected...great likeness, good wardrobe, and I especially like the items you get.

The only thing I don't like about my 11 is the stand that comes along with the figure....weird and bulky....the figure is not the best quality but the head sculpt is better than I expected...great likeness, good wardrobe, and I especially like the items you get.

I'm sure you knew this but it's meant to represent a portion of the Tardis. It is quite big, but on the other hand makes a useful place to display all the accessories.

Yeah, I'm torn about the stand. On one hand it's fun, but it does take up a lot of space. Kind of like the Iron Man stands that came with a few figures. And now that they are switching stands this one (and the one that comes with Amy) are going to stick out a bit.

The stand is over flimsy. It does carry all the bits n pieces for the figure.
I much prefer the look of the one that is coming with the 10th Doctor.

Now that it's been raised here I keep looking at the stand and seeing it as too large...

I know I'm in a minority of one but I'd love a figure that came with nothing except one accessory and a small stand in a box with retro style art the size of one of the old Action Man boxes. It would be a lot cheaper and it would still be quite wonderful.

Now that it's been raised here I keep looking at the stand and seeing it as too large...

I know I'm in a minority of one but I'd love a figure that came with nothing except one accessory and a small stand in a box with retro style art the size of one of the old Action Man boxes. It would be a lot cheaper and it would still be quite wonderful.

I'm not sure it'd be a LOT cheaper. Most of the cost is probably in the head paint and the labor involved in making the clothes.

I agree that the stand is too large for 11 (cool idea, but not as practical). I am definitely going to try and pick up an extra 10 stand for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back